Military Coup Attempt in Turkey

Started by drunkenshoe, July 15, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on July 17, 2016, 08:58:39 AM
@ DrunkenShoe:  One article I read said Turks went to the streets to support Turkey, although not necessarily their leader.  It got me wondering what Erdogan's appeal is to those who do support him?  Is it some grand plan he has for Turkey?

Lots of people did that. Yes, Erdogan is appealing to his supporters. Yes, this is all about his grand plans.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

From here it is down to dark abyss, civil war. These are 'good days' we are having.

The coup attempt could be provocation to see what is the resistence or the worst that could come up since they knew from seculars to other religious group, there were many people against them. So 'let's make a rehearsal'.

I am afraid less than five years the worst version of this will come from them. Result; islamic republic. They will remove laicism from the law, change 'the state has no law' to Islam is the religion of this state. They will bring back death penalty, ban abortion, make it very easy to be armed for individuals, make adultry a crime, probably they will make apostasy laws because there aren't any other than public blasphemy....etc.

Well of course it will be very bad, I am just talking about the basics in law.

RIP. This country is dead.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Fidel_Castronaut

Time to get out Shoe? Looks like Erdogan's purge has been quite successful at removing anyone and everyone even remotely suspected of Kemalism. Hell University deans all expelled?

He's turning Turkey into his own autocratic theocracy, Ataturk must be rolling in his grave!

MY fiance was supposed to go to a conference in Istanbul next year, they've already relocated it to Amsterdam.

Be safe Shoe, don't get stuck in Erdogan's future, which undoubtedly will take Turkey back a century or more.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!