Military Coup Attempt in Turkey

Started by drunkenshoe, July 15, 2016, 04:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

I have no idea what is really going on. We don't know if it is successful or not. It's really scary. TV is fucked up.

It has been announced, but nothing looks certain. I'm about to go insane. Supposedly it was anounced. Nobody knows anything.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

I seriously can't see how this is possible. Or even if it's real. OR successful. It seems surreal.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PopeyesPappy

CNN is reporting on it. Saying that it appears to be a small group within the military.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Nonsensei

Reports of gunfire. Don't know where you are in Turkey but if you're near anything that could be a point of contention, get somewhere safe.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

SGOS

I read one report that said small group within the military?  Of course, the next question is what are their plans?  Sure they said it was to restore freedom and security, but every takeover says that.  What are their plans... really.

Nonsensei

Quote from: SGOS on July 15, 2016, 05:19:53 PM
I read one report that said small group within the military?  Of course, the next question is what are their plans?  Sure they said it was to restore freedom and security, but every takeover says that.  What are their plans... really.

"

An announcement on the Turkish state broadcaster TRT says that a curfew has been declared across Turkey and that airports are closed. The announcer says they are being made to read a statement by the military.

The statement promises a new constitution for the country and says that democracy and the secular rule of law had been undermined. Martial law has also been imposed, it adds."

Munch

live feed here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

stay safe DS, stay indoors and wait for news
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nonsensei

Quote from: Munch on July 15, 2016, 05:21:29 PM
live feed here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

stay safe DS, stay indoors and wait for news

Listening to that guy talk on the live feed: this could be so fucking bad.

Flanker1Six

+1 for are you OK & keep your head down!   

drunkenshoe

I am OK. I am at home. I'm going insane. State of emergency declared. But I have no idea what is going on. what the fuck is going on.

I don't see anything good. It's going to be very very bad. 

Erdogan is calling for people to stand for this from tv, via a cell phone feed ?!

State channel gone black.

I don't know.  Idon't know.

Munch

the major has called for people to go into the streets, please DS ignore it, they are trying to use the public as a meat shield.

keep the doors locked and if need be turn out the lights
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nonsensei

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 15, 2016, 05:35:29 PM
I am OK. I am at home. I'm going insane. State of emergency declared. But I have no idea what is going on. what the fuck is going on.

I don't see anything good. It's going to be very very bad. 

Erdogan is calling for people to stand for this from tv, via a cell phone feed ?!

State channel gone black.

I don't know.  Idon't know.

Stay off those streets. Get ready to bar your doors and windows if this gets out of hand.