QUESTIONS WHITE MEN HAVE FOR SJWs!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, July 15, 2016, 04:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

TJ and co. fire a broadside at the obnoxious assholes who like doing the "QUESTIONS [insert group here] HAVE FOR CIS WHITE MEN." And it is epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lFSq_Efzk
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Sad to see Cult of Dusty is an "anti-SJW", he is one of the few atheist channels that entertained me. Then again, haven't watched one of his videos in years so... apparently not too entertained.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nonsensei

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 15, 2016, 04:47:35 PM
I thought Martin Hughes did a good job of giving reasoned responses to the questions.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbreaker/27-answers-to-27-ignorant-questions-some-white-guys-had-for-thinking-people/

Yes. Ive read up to the racism question and so far hes done an excellent job of moving the goalposts, altering the playing ground, muddying the waters, or simply outright misunderstanding the question.

Actually he spends a lot of time accusing the questions of being vague or incomprehensible. I understood exactly what every question was asking.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 15, 2016, 04:47:35 PM
I thought Martin Hughes did a good job of giving reasoned responses to the questions.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrierbreaker/27-answers-to-27-ignorant-questions-some-white-guys-had-for-thinking-people/
That article is the only ignorant part in it. I love this quote right near the start:

QuoteI need to see examples to figure out what they’re talking about.
That's exactly the kind of shit this video is parodying. This is what these very YouTubers ask when responding to every single one of these "QUESTIONS [insert group here] HAVE FOR CIS WHITE MEN" videos.

GSOgymrat

I realize the video is a parody but I appreciated that Martin Hughes decided to respond to the questions seriously because it gave me an idea of how people who consider themselves socially conscious think. I haven't seen any videos where someone like TJ (who I can't stand) and Martin Hughes (who I can't stand) sit down and have a calm, rational conversation of ideas and philosophy. If anyone can link a video of two or more experts in each of these philosophies is sitting down together in person having a reasonable discussion I would appreciate it.

Hydra009

Quote from: Martin HughesI think that a “safe space” is sometimes necessary for understanding some marginalized groups. What happens outside of that “safe space”? Those marginalized in culture have to put on masks, pretend that things don’t bother them that do, and try to follow social expectations that silence their honest views and expression of their experiences.
I find it very hard to believe that women, minorities, and LGBT people are so oppressed in the West that they have to "silence their honest views".  Certainly, the SJW community that claims to fight on their behalf has no problems being vocal.

QuoteIf this is in reference to “safe spaces” at universities â€" that’s complicated. I think universities are marketplaces of ideas, so on the one hand I think several ideas and honest exchanges should be encouraged.
There's nothing complicated about it.  He just gave the exact reason why ideological safe spaces shouldn't exist.  They're just echo chambers.  Their only purpose is to incubate ideologies that couldn't survive an honest exchange of ideas.

QuoteIt is racist, in a matter of speaking, when a black person tweets “kill all white people” â€" but if that tweet is not ensuring that white people continue to be treated like second-class citizens, it is not racist according to the sociological definition.
It's not racist in a matter of speaking.  It's racist.  Full stop.  It's a textbook example of racism, of course it's racist. 

It's bizarre how one can show SJWs blatantly racist stuff and they'll only declare it racist if the perpetrators are white people.  Some of these people even go so far as to say that racism against white people is impossible.  (the original image had a white woman shooting herself in the head with the caption "what white people can do to help blacks")

Are these people against racism in its totality or only some forms of racism?  If it's the latter, they're just mirror images of the racists they condemn.

QuoteWe don’t think anyone is born racist. And yes, racism IS a learned behavior.
He's better than some of his SJW peers there.  Congrats on that.

But some SJWs do in fact hold that position.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 15, 2016, 05:39:32 PMIf anyone can link a video of two or more experts in each of these philosophies is sitting down together in person having a reasonable discussion I would appreciate it.
Good luck with that. The Bible Reloaded invited Milo Yiannopoulos onto their show for exactly that sort of talk, and the Steve Shives crowd immediately denounced them for being anti-SJW. Then there was "The Triggering" at U-Mass not that long ago which included Christina Hoff Sommers along with Milo and some other dude, and Hoff (an actual feminist scholar and former professor of philosophy) was immediately denounced by the SocJus crowd for daring to speak at this event.

Basically, if you are not 100% toeing the party line then you will be shunned, end of story. There is no pleasing these people. They want capitulation, not discussion.

Mermaid

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2016, 07:11:40 PM
I find it very hard to believe that women, minorities, and LGBT people are so oppressed in the West that they have to "silence their honest views".  Certainly, the SJW community that claims to fight on their behalf has no problems being vocal.
There's nothing complicated about it.  He just gave the exact reason why ideological safe spaces shouldn't exist.  They're just echo chambers.  Their only purpose is to incubate ideologies that couldn't survive an honest exchange of ideas.
It's not racist in a matter of speaking.  It's racist.  Full stop.  It's a textbook example of racism, of course it's racist. 

It's bizarre how one can show SJWs blatantly racist stuff and they'll only declare it racist if the perpetrators are white people.  Some of these people even go so far as to say that racism against white people is impossible.  (the original image had a white woman shooting herself in the head with the caption "what white people can do to help blacks")

Are these people against racism in its totality or only some forms of racism?  If it's the latter, they're just mirror images of the racists they condemn.
He's better than some of his SJW peers there.  Congrats on that.

But some SJWs do in fact hold that position.
It's bizarre how a person who is not a member of a certain group professes to know what life is like for members of a certain group.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mermaid on July 15, 2016, 07:32:39 PM
It's bizarre how a person who is not a member of a certain group professes to know what life is like for members of a certain group.
Life as a man is the hardest thing imaginable. As a woman, you are not allowed to refute my statement, because you don't know what life is like for me.

When you're making a statement like that, try and make sure it doesn't cut both ways. It opens the door for folks like me to start being smartasses.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on July 15, 2016, 07:24:04 PM
Basically, if you are not 100% toeing the party line then you will be shunned, end of story. There is no pleasing these people. They want capitulation, not discussion.

I'm new to Twitter and commented on an article regarding identity politics, race and privilege stating that I preferred to focus on commonalities rather than differences when addressing conflicts. I thought this was a pretty innocuous statement but some woman jumped all over me. She sent six or seven replies saying I didn't care about black or gay people, lacked empathy, that I was a men's right activist and implied that I was racist. All this over ONE tweet. I've learned that I really don't care for Twitter, particularly because I find it difficult to say anything meaningful in 140 characters.

Hydra009

I never claimed to know what life is like for women or minorities, I simply expressed doubt that they're oppressed in the West to the point of having to silence themselves and thus require a safe space.

Nonsensei

Isnt the entire underpinning ot SJW rhetoric all about how white males are so insanely privileged?

I guess its OK for them to assume stuff about people in other group. Its different when they do it. Right?
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

stromboli

SJW's are mostly a product of the internet. What is always present is bias and attitude, what is mostly lacking is reasoned consideration of the whole picture. In any ideal society there would be no barriers of communication, no "not allowed" behavior and no need for safe spaces, which is a concept I really don't get. At the university/college level, open debate without reservation should be the norm, not something looked on with suspicion and continually being qualified in one way or another.

We have become so embroiled in political correctness and so shy of using certain buzzwords that trigger some form of retaliation. Ridiculous. Men and women in particular aren't communicating much better than they did in the 50's. And racism is still a front burner issue, which it shouldn't be.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 15, 2016, 07:54:16 PMI'm new to Twitter and commented on an article regarding identity politics, race and privilege stating that I preferred to focus on commonalities rather than differences when addressing conflicts. I thought this was a pretty innocuous statement but some woman jumped all over me. She sent six or seven replies saying I didn't care about black or gay people, lacked empathy, that I was a men's right activist and implied that I was racist. All this over ONE tweet. I've learned that I really don't care for Twitter, particularly because I find it difficult to say anything meaningful in 140 characters.
Yeah, and that's a common experience whenever one says something that doesn't toe the SJW line.  It's terrible because most of us do want to stamp out prejudice and injustice, but this approach just divides communities rather than bring them together.