Satan Using 'Pokemon Go' To Spawn Demons And Murder Christians

Started by stromboli, July 14, 2016, 01:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/rick-wiles-satan-using-pok-mon-go-spawn-demonic-powers-and-murder-christians

Rick Wiles: Satan Using Pokémon Go To Spawn 'Demonic Powers' And Murder Christians

QuoteOn Monday, “Trunews” host Rick Wiles recounted a story about how he called the police after seeing a man taking photos of his office building, only to discover that the suspicious man was simply playing Pokémon Go on his phone.

Wiles, however, said that something sinister is afoot, warning that “these Pokémon creatures are like virtual, cyber-demons” and that “what this man, Friday, was trying to find was the Pokémon demon that had been placed inside the ‘Trunews’ office.”

“What if this technology is transferred to Islamic jihadists and Islamic jihadists have an app that shows them where Christians are located geographically?” he asked, noting that many of the app’s PokeStops and Gyms include churches and other houses of worship.

“The enemy, Satan, is targeting churches with virtual, digital, cyber-demons,” Wiles said, before adding: “I believe this thing is a magnet for demonic powers.”

Wiles went on to claim that “Pokémon masters” may soon start “telling people to kill people in those buildings” in order to catch more Pokémon, comparing the use of the App to Philando Castile’s girlfriend use of Facebook Live to live stream the aftermath of Castile’s shooting by a police officer, which he said might have been staged.

This conversation led “Trunews” cohost Edward Szall to read a fake quote from the creator of Pokémon allegedly endorsing Satanism.

“They’re spawning demons inside your church,” Wiles said. “They’re targeting your church with demonic activity.” He then again warned that “this technology will be used by the enemies of the cross to target, locate and execute Christians.”

GSOgymrat

I say with all sincerity that it must be very stressful to live in Rick Wiles' world.

Hydra009

Quote“What if this technology is transferred to Islamic jihadists and Islamic jihadists have an app that shows them where Christians are located geographically?” he asked, noting that many of the app’s PokeStops and Gyms include churches and other houses of worship.
I take it that this man has never heard of Google Maps.  Not to mention that churches advertise heavily and typically, when you ask people to come visit your church, you let them know where that church is.  So yeah, not a closely-guarded secret.

Quote“They’re spawning demons inside your church,” Wiles said. “They’re targeting your church with demonic activity.” He then again warned that “this technology will be used by the enemies of the cross to target, locate and execute Christians.”
Oh man, it's so funny to see modern recreation through the lens of bronze-age superstition and arguably, paranoid delusion.  This guy saw someone playing an electronic game where fictional critters are placed in real-world locations and he interprets this as demonic activity and persecution.  Wow.

Siberia

So, how many Cristians's deaths I have to have on my account to catch a Pikachu with a level over 50?

Asking for a friend
no one expects the spanish inquisition

stromboli

Pokemon GO pinka-whatever- if they are demons, they wouldn't want to hasten our downfall. If we disappear they are out of a job. Then they would have to go back wherever they came from, now unemployed and a burden on the system.

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on July 15, 2016, 12:12:19 AMPokemon GO pinka-whatever- if they are demons, they wouldn't want to hasten our downfall. If we disappear they are out of a job. Then they would have to go back wherever they came from, now unemployed and a burden on the system.
Pokemon are essentially animals.  They don't need to worry about unemployment.

Draconic Aiur

Siberia

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2016, 01:22:47 AM
Pokemon are essentially animals.  They don't need to worry about unemployment.

Actually, they are wild animals that are taken hostage and forced to battle to the verge of death between each other for the personal glory of their captors...

WHO IS THE REAL DEMON HERE?

drunkenshoe

Oh ffs, what are these people drinking, eating or smoking? Seriously. We are missing something chemical here. No other explanation.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Duncle

Hmmm...Well, I'm not very knowledgeable about Pokemon, but having now done a bit of research on the issue, here are my thoughts:

Pokemon aren't exactly 'Wild Animals'. Some of them certainly fall into that category, but others (notably Mewtwo) can talk telepathically and display a high level of intelligence.

Instead of condemning these poor oppressed creatures as 'Demons', Mr Wiles should be taking a more Christian approach to them. Pokemon are surely ripe for conversion to the True Faith. A full-scale campaign to proselytize and redeem the Pokemon, to save the 'pocket monsters' through the blood of the risen Christ, is the only true Christian course of action for Mr Wiles and his associates.

Some may object on the grounds that Pokemon are imaginary. However, since God is also imaginary, I don't see this as a problem.

Siberia

Quote from: Duncle on July 15, 2016, 06:13:57 AM
Hmmm...Well, I'm not very knowledgeable about Pokemon, but having now done a bit of research on the issue, here are my thoughts:

Pokemon aren't exactly 'Wild Animals'. Some of them certainly fall into that category, but others (notably Mewtwo) can talk telepathically and display a high level of intelligence.

Actually (and I can´t believe I am arguing this) Mewtwo is a genetically engineered pokemon, designed by scientists from the genes of Mew, a rare Pokémon, and therefore is the only conscious and non wild creature.
Other pokemons are "psychic" and have various degrees of intelligence, but apart for mewtwo, none has a real consciousness. (Like the difference between a fish and an ape)
Yes, I am a huge nerd.

I don´t know if this Christian man knows that these "demons" he fears not only evolve, but also brig up the idea of fossil records, since there are some that you can only obtain if you find an ancient fossil (similar to a trilobite, btw) and apply some science to it (Jurassic Park style) 

Duncle

The Pokemon wiki has a pretty long list of Pokemon that can talk:
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:%22Pok%C3%A9mon_that_can_Talk%22

And from what I understand, practically all of 'em can understand human speech.

Which brings me back to my point: THESE POOR CREATURES NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO GOD

Siberia

Quote from: Duncle on July 15, 2016, 06:44:51 AM
The Pokemon wiki has a pretty long list of Pokemon that can talk:
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:%22Pok%C3%A9mon_that_can_Talk%22

And from what I understand, practically all of 'em can understand human speech.

Which brings me back to my point: THESE POOR CREATURES NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO GOD

You have a point, I was not counting the ones they added after the originals, I lost interest after that.

And when you say God, you mean ARCEUS, the one and only creator of the Universe, right??

I'm not sure if one of his sons died for our PokéSins 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 14, 2016, 02:27:14 PM
I say with all sincerity that it must be very stressful to live in Rick Wiles' world.
I don't think producing bullshit is that stressful. Cows do  it all the time.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Duncle on July 15, 2016, 06:13:57 AM

Instead of condemning these poor oppressed creatures as 'Demons', Mr Wiles should be taking a more Christian approach to them. Pokemon are surely ripe for conversion to the True Faith. A full-scale campaign to proselytize and redeem the Pokemon, to save the 'pocket monsters' through the blood of the risen Christ, is the only true Christian course of action for Mr Wiles and his associates.

Some may object on the grounds that Pokemon are imaginary. However, since God is also imaginary, I don't see this as a problem.

Stick around, it'll happen. Christianity opposed a pagan festivity for centuries than adopted it and renamed it "Christmas". Same with Easter. They hated rock music then adopted it, the big bang, you name it.

The "church" works like the Borg. What they can't destroy they try to absorb. Won't be long before there is a Christian Pokemon Go app.