World Will End July 29th. You Have been Warned.

Started by stromboli, July 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Baruch on October 26, 2016, 07:09:19 PM
Depends.  If the poles reverse as part of going thru a low-field transition, then the Van Allen belts will collapse and we all get irradiated by the solar wind and hard UV rays ... if we aren't underground in the Elite bunker with Eva Braun.
Right, now I know I've been up too long, I read that as 'in the Archie Bunker with Eva Braun.'  Ow.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on October 26, 2016, 11:22:41 PM
Right, now I know I've been up too long, I read that as 'in the Archie Bunker with Eva Braun.'  Ow.
Dude, if you have some spare of whatever that was...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 29, 2016, 01:55:23 AM
Yeah, I want a part of that brownie...
"Smoking pot is bad for you!"

"Have a cookie."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Yeah, eating the cookie IS healthier than smoking it...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 29, 2016, 10:30:05 AM
Yeah, eating the cookie IS healthier than smoking it...
That's what my doctors say.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

But an apple is healthier than a cookie...  Depending on what is in it.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 29, 2016, 10:49:20 AM
But an apple is healthier than a cookie...  Depending on what is in it.
Depending on which tree you get it from.
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2016, 08:48:45 AM
Orgasmic, naturally.

I have to admit that I have never met an orgasmic apple tree.  But with the right drugs, it is certainly possible.  Not that I do.  Really, I don't.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2016, 08:56:17 AM
I have to admit that I have never met an orgasmic apple tree.  But with the right drugs, it is certainly possible.  Not that I do.  Really, I don't.
It was cloned from a tree in "Avatar".
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2016, 12:05:18 PM
Is that for real?  I never saw the movie.

Movies aren't for real.  Superman is still alive, he was just fooling Batman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.