World Will End July 29th. You Have been Warned.

Started by stromboli, July 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: fencerider on May 12, 2017, 08:10:52 PM
There are a lot of people in Mericka that are addicted to the feeling if fear.
Seems to be the case.  Repubs have learned how to use fear to manipulate them.  I am very ashamed of the fear shown by the average American after the 911 attacks.  I became very weary having people asking me if I was afraid.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 12, 2017, 09:43:11 PM
Seems to be the case.  Repubs have learned how to use fear to manipulate them.  I am very ashamed of the fear shown by the average American after the 911 attacks.  I became very weary having people asking me if I was afraid.
I was watching events at a university office. When the second plane hit I turned around and said, "Where were you the day the war started?"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

fencerider

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

I recall a guy on C to C once talking about having worked at Area 51, he went on for a long time before it was revealed that it was all from a dread he'd had, and the host just kept right on like it was the word of God, or some shit! I've never listened to it since.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 15, 2017, 07:27:18 PM
I recall a guy on C to C once talking about having worked at Area 51, he went on for a long time before it was revealed that it was all from a dread he'd had, and the host just kept right on like it was the word of God, or some shit! I've never listened to it since.

Don't you believe in dreams?  I studied French once, so I could have a longer casual conversation with Napoleon Bonaparte (who I met in a dream).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 15, 2017, 07:27:18 PM
"dream"

Yeah, it's not the intent of that show to debunk anything or educate anyone, it's to sell soap and condoms. If it keeps the show moving it plays.

If you've seen the mini series "Taken", about generations of people taken by the aliens (who pretty much seem utterly incompetent to me) you might note that the radio guy in the camper is based on Art Bell, the original mouthpiece for the show.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on May 15, 2017, 10:28:09 PM
Don't you believe in dreams?  I studied French once, so I could have a longer casual conversation with Napoleon Bonaparte (who I met in a dream).
I dream of Jeannie with the light brown tennis shoes, but she'll never show up at my dinner table...
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 06:14:26 PM
I dream of Jeannie with the light brown tennis shoes, but she'll never show up at my dinner table...
You may dream of Jeannie--I dream of Barbara Eden.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, who (of a certain age) doesn't?

Why could we never see her belly-button?
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 06:24:58 PM

Or other parts??

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 06:24:58 PM

Prudes. I.e. women who would never look good in that outfit and men who knew they'd never see it on the bedroom floor.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 16, 2017, 06:39:41 PM
Or other parts??
When I lived in Miami one of my neighbors was a female impersonator who did "Jeanie" quite convincingly. Never wanted to see his parts.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 06:14:26 PM

Don't blame us for being ugly, blame your parents ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I would if I could but I can't so I won't.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 07:30:23 PM
I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Blame them also for apparently sending you to "unintelligible gibberish" summer camp.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.