World Will End July 29th. You Have been Warned.

Started by stromboli, July 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Again? How many times did the world end so far? Anyone has the count?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Atheon on July 14, 2016, 10:59:22 PM
I remember a polar shift was supposed to happen on May 5, 2000. A planetary lineup was supposed to cause a sudden buildup of polar ice, which in turn was supposed to cause the earth to suddenly flip upside down. I remember it was a nice day in Kentucky Derby Week in Louisville, but I lost my bets at the Oaks races.
I remember that one! I asked help calculating the weight of the Earth and the weight of the polar ice. The result was minuscule.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 15, 2016, 05:51:11 AM
Again? How many times did the world end so far? Anyone has the count?
I don't think it's actually possible to count, there are so many claims.  Only Camping ever had any real balls about it.  Well, recently, anyway.
This sentence is a lie...

Flanker1Six

Quote from: stromboli on July 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM
http://helpmebro.com/posts/sIXuYVpT3S

Because polar magnetic shift thingy. Pray hard, you immoral heathen bastards.

Are the Jehovah's Witlesses..............eeeerrrrrrrr; I mean Witnesses aware of this?   They've got Jesus second coming and the onset of "The Rapture" set for an unidentified post 7/29/16 date.  Won't this magnetic pole reversal thing really fuck with a divine manifestation??   Would it mean Jesus will take all the Dogless Heathens with him by mistake, and leave all the Dog Feerin' Christians behind??   I can tell you right now; if that happens that guy who wrote the Left Behind novels, and people who think they're real prophecy will be really pissed off!   

Meh!   Maybe they can turn the whole thing into a new Reality Show featuring those camo mongers from Duck Dynasty.......................oh yea...............and Sarah Palin.         

Unbeliever

I remember a polar shift was supposed to happen on May 5, 2000. A planetary lineup was supposed to cause a sudden buildup of polar ice, which in turn was supposed to cause the earth to suddenly flip upside down. I remember it was a nice day in Kentucky Derby Week in Louisville, but I lost my bets at the Oaks races.

The KD is about the hardest race to handicap. Unless, of course, you can get inside info...maybe use spy cams, or some such similar methods.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

AllPurposeAtheist

Damned..nothing ever happens on MY birthday...except for the Anders Behring Breivik incident in Norway, but that was too far away to be any fun.. Oh wait!  In Germany it's also Rat Catchers day depending on whether you go by Robert Browning's poem or the Brothers Grimm.. in which case it's June something..That was the day the Pied Piper lead the children out of Hamilin..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

widdershins

That wouldn't have mattered because at that point the Mayan calendar still hadn't ended, so we were all doomed regardless.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

widdershins

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 15, 2016, 05:17:52 PM
Are the Jehovah's Witlesses..............eeeerrrrrrrr; I mean Witnesses aware of this?   They've got Jesus second coming and the onset of "The Rapture" set for an unidentified post 7/29/16 date.  Won't this magnetic pole reversal thing really fuck with a divine manifestation??   Would it mean Jesus will take all the Dogless Heathens with him by mistake, and leave all the Dog Feerin' Christians behind??   I can tell you right now; if that happens that guy who wrote the Left Behind novels, and people who think they're real prophecy will be really pissed off!   

Meh!   Maybe they can turn the whole thing into a new Reality Show featuring those camo mongers from Duck Dynasty.......................oh yea...............and Sarah Palin.         
Can you imagine it?  The second coming of Christ really WOULD lead to utopia...for us.  Can you just imagine the progressive agenda which would fly through the courts and political system?  We would immediately be rid of a large percentage of the bigoted assholes on the planet.  Of course, he'd only take Christians and leave behind the rest of the rabble, but it's a hell of a start.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on July 20, 2016, 12:16:41 PM
Can you imagine it?  The second coming of Christ really WOULD lead to utopia...for us.  Can you just imagine the progressive agenda which would fly through the courts and political system?  We would immediately be rid of a large percentage of the bigoted assholes on the planet.  Of course, he'd only take Christians and leave behind the rest of the rabble, but it's a hell of a start.
The only problem with that is that none of the people who claim to be Christians would be gone.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Can't help but notice that the world hasn't ended yet.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 04, 2016, 12:28:39 AM
Can't help but notice that the world hasn't ended yet.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
You're very observant.

Draconic Aiur

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shiranu

The world as we knew it is dead. Long live the old world, long live the new.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur