World Will End July 29th. You Have been Warned.

Started by stromboli, July 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 29, 2017, 05:24:29 PM
And you keep waiting on your "god of love" to light the world on fire and throw the majority of people in Hell to suffer eternal torment. As for me, I'm not wasting my life waiting for something that will never happen.

Jeremiah 25:33

QuoteAnd the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

Yeah, sure...God is love...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

OldFaithful

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 29, 2017, 05:34:03 PM
who cares?

I care very much sire!
I have little education where I am from. Only formality of English in classes.
I hear from all around me to talk to atheist and scientist to get the true facts from some things.
I type in google to take me to atheist boards.
I come here and everywhere memes and only a few minutes ago some guy calls me dumb and different other things which I shall not repeat in good will!
So no more abuse please and accept my honesty as I will yours.

Blackleaf

Quote from: OldFaithful on January 29, 2017, 05:32:53 PM
Is this the meme thread or real discussion can be had?

Well, you're here and the center of attention now, so I can't imagine much intelligent discussion going on here.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

OldFaithful

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 29, 2017, 05:37:22 PM
Well, you're here and the center of attention now, so I can't imagine much intelligent discussion going on here.

You did not read the other parts of my post, sire!
I wish for a genuine discussion. Not namecalling and pseudo clever reply.

Unbeliever

Quote from: OldFaithful on January 29, 2017, 05:37:13 PM
I care very much sire!
I hear from all around me to talk to atheist and scientist to get the true facts from some things.
I come here and everywhere memes and only a few minutes ago some guy calls me dumb and different other things which I shall not repeat in good will!
Well, sir, you came to us - we didn't come to you.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: OldFaithful on January 29, 2017, 05:37:13 PM
I care very much sire!

Fine then. If you want to learn something, then name your topic. But the way you chose to introduce yourself here left the impression that you were here to try to teach us, not the other way around.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

OldFaithful

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 29, 2017, 05:40:05 PM
Well, sir, you came to us - we didn't come to you.

I did.
I had certain expectation that I have outlined in previous post.. Not at right siteadress for it here?

OldFaithful

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 29, 2017, 05:41:05 PM
Fine then. If you want to learn something, then name your topic. But the way you chose to introduce yourself here left the impression that you were here to try to teach us, not the other way around.

What I said to make impression like this at you?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: OldFaithful on January 29, 2017, 05:32:53 PM
Is this the meme thread or real discussion can be had?
Ten years ago this would have been an interesting thread. Now it's just SSDD.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 29, 2017, 06:17:32 PM
Ten years ago this would have been an interesting thread. Now it's just SSDD.

Ah, but I had a real conversation with a real person, in the shout box ... and turns out that English isn't his first language, and that media was much more conducive to conversation.  I now know him ... much better than I would in this string ... and he knows me much better.  So we have a means of relating ... because we got down to brass tacks ... human problems with other humans ... not theology.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: OldFaithful on January 29, 2017, 04:55:12 PM
Laugh it up! While you still can...
Paul thought the world was about to end.  And many, many theists believe it as well.  Delusional is the best I can say.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Is there a year specified?  Just asking because I want to settle my massive stock accounts...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on January 31, 2017, 09:13:18 AM
Is there a year specified?  Just asking because I want to settle my massive stock accounts...
Next year.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

The end of the world, is the end of any human being ... a human being is a world.  The end of the world, the end of a human being, occurs multiple times every day.  What makes that the Last Judgement, isn't an episode of Judge Judy.  It is the idea that while alive, we can do thing, even repent or repay.  But once dead, our intentions are dead with us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.