Gun Industry's Killing in Killing

Started by GSOgymrat, July 11, 2016, 05:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

"The gun industry's most overlooked marketing demographic isn't Americans who want to protect themselves, it's Americans who want to kill themselves. In America, guns aren't really about self defense, they're about self-destruction, and that makes you the planet's most obscenely profitable assisted suicide program. Congratulations!"

https://youtu.be/AmWAFz7LjKs

drunkenshoe

"A gun is the only cause of death that has civil rights or immunity from law suits or congretional gag orders."

"Every school shooting is like free ad for your merchandise."

"You can't yell fire in a theater, just open fire in one."

First started to laugh but then...I shut up. It's really good.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

baronvonrort

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 11, 2016, 05:40:04 PM
"The gun industry's most overlooked marketing demographic isn't Americans who want to protect themselves, it's Americans who want to kill themselves. In America, guns aren't really about self defense, they're about self-destruction

About half of your suicides are done with guns, when people whinge about firearm suicides it tells me they don't give a fuck about those who use any other method to kill themselves it also shows they have irrational fear of guns.
Some of these hypocrites are also in favour of assisted suicide , as long as you don't use a gun they prefer drugs pushed by the powerful pharmaceutical lobby.

In Australia the gun grabbers cherry pick firearm suicide reductions as a great result of our gun laws, it did nothing to reduce suicides which increased after our gun laws all it has done is change the most common method which is now hanging.
When the gun grabbers point to Australia for reduction in firearm suicides it shows they don't give a fuck about those who use any other method and they feel they have achieved something.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12882416

I met Phil Bolger even sailed on some boats he designed, he used a Colt 45 pistol to end his life, not a single person who knew Phil is upset with his decision and I think it's despicable how gun grabbers use suicides like his to push their gun grabbing.
Many think Phil was lucky to leave on his own terms.
www.duckworksmagazine.com/09/reports/bolger/index.htm

drunkenshoe

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 12, 2016, 06:26:07 AM
About half of your suicides are done with guns, when people whinge about firearm suicides it tells me they don't give a fuck about those who use any other method to kill themselves it also shows they have irrational fear of guns.

Some of these hypocrites are also in favour of assisted suicide , as long as you don't use a gun they prefer drugs pushed by the powerful pharmaceutical lobby.

Honest question. Do you have some sort of a disorder like severe reading, dyslexia-comprehension problems? 

It seems like you cannot distinguish some concepts or put them into the right contexts.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

baronvonrort

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 12, 2016, 06:07:53 AM
"A gun is the only cause of death that has civil rights or immunity from law suits or congretional gag orders."

Should Ford-Toyota-GM-etc be liable for death/injuries caused by someone deliberately running someone down and killing them or even a drunk driver with a perfectly functioning car?
If the car was faulty which caused the accident then yes they should be liable.

Why should firearm manufacturers be held liable for their products that function flawlessly that are used illegally in committing a crime?
If the gun is faulty causing it to blow up in your hands then they should be sued

Why should Bushmaster be sued over Sandy Hook when the offender killed his mother and stole her guns before going on a rampage?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 12, 2016, 07:28:02 AM
Should Ford-Toyota-GM-etc be liable for death/injuries caused by someone deliberately running someone down and killing them or even a drunk driver with a perfectly functioning car?
The inevitable false equivalence, yet again. The primary purpose of a car isn't to kill people. Millions of people use cars every day without anyone dying for purposes other than violence.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 12, 2016, 07:28:02 AM

Why should firearm manufacturers be held liable for their products that function flawlessly that are used illegally in committing a crime?
If the gun is faulty causing it to blow up in your hands then they should be sued

Why should Bushmaster be sued over Sandy Hook when the offender killed his mother and stole her guns before going on a rampage?

Answer my previous post. You are doing the same thing here. What's the problem?

baronvonrort

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 12, 2016, 07:40:01 AM
The inevitable false equivalence, yet again. The primary purpose of a car isn't to kill people. Millions of people use cars every day without anyone dying for purposes other than violence.

It's not a false equivalence, why should a manufacturer be sued over a product that worked as it was designed to work, lawsuits are reasonable when the product fails to work as intended.

Was the M16 designed to kill or wound, when the US military started using it the theory was wounding could be better because it took 2 enemy to remove the screaming wounded person from the battlefield which took 3 out of the battle, if they killed them it would only take one out.

Give me 2 good reasons why Bushmaster should be sued over Lanza Killing his mother then stealing her guns to go on a rampage?

In Australia we have a loser pays the winners legal bills to discourage frivolous lawsuits, it also reduces lawsuits when you point out they will be liable for your legal bills if they don't settle before going to court.

baronvonrort

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 12, 2016, 07:55:15 AM
Answer my previous post. You are doing the same thing here. What's the problem?

What's your problem are you drunk again?

Atheon

A gun is a substitute for a small penis.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

baronvonrort

Quote from: Atheon on July 12, 2016, 08:30:59 AM
A gun is a substitute for a small penis.

What about women who own guns do they have a small penis, would that make them a ladyboy like you?

Shooting is an Olympic sport, no killing done there since they stopped using pidgeons for targets around 100 years ago.

Does this woman think a gun is a substitute for your small penis?
www.twitter.com/teashy

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 12, 2016, 07:40:01 AM

The first gun I bought was a deer/elk rifle.  I was living in Montana and surrounded by hunters.  I would have guessed that the first purpose of guns was to hunt.  Or so it seemed in a hunting community.  Killing people didn't cross my mind.  Although the NRAs primary argument is not killing people, but rather self defense, which is a much more justifiable reason for killing people.

I admit that self defense did cross my mind.  If a thug broke down my door, and if I knew he was coming, I could get my rifle out of the closet, and shoot the son of a bitch, although this was not the first thing on my mind as a gun owner.  It was more like reason number 104 on my prioritized list.  I needed a rifle to hunt, and self defense was a weak, "Well, so there's that too," kind of reason.

After living 45 years in Montana, the actual times I've needed a gun for self defense was exactly zero.  Come to think of it, I can't think of a single one of my hunting friends that ever needed a gun for self defense, although some of them did own guns for that reason.  But I did have a friend who had a daughter with a propensity to fall in love with assholes.  She married one, and while she and her husband were sitting around the kitchen table getting drunk with her mother and father one evening, an argument irrupted.  The son-in-law got pissed and announced that he was going to go home, get his gun, and come back to kill her father, and he left in his drunken snit.

So he comes back to his in-law's house with a gun, gets out of the car, but of course, his father-in-law, who was sober enough to comprehend that that is daughter's husband was going to come back and kill him, was standing there with his own gun, and the minute his son-in-law stepped out of the car, he shot him dead. Now he could have called the police, but shooting the guy outright was much less bother, and the son-in-law was just a jerk anyway.  So it's all good.  Right?

Still, I don't quite understand why self defense is a better argument for gun ownership than hunting wild game.  But I will admit, it seems to get the most attention.

GSOgymrat

The problem with guns related to suicide are their availability and lethality. The vast majority of people I see who attempt suicide, and I see about five each day, attempt to overdose on various substances: pills, heroin, bleach, etc or they slice their wrists open or both. These things are available but not as lethal as the average person believes. Imagine if there was a suicide pill in your home that was ninety eight percent lethal. When feeling depressed, anxious and hopeless, when your girlfriend dumps you, you lose your job, you are diagnosed with cancer, instead of having to find a tall building, drive there, climb to the top and look down at the drop you can just impulsively pop that pill in your bedroom and it would be over. This is the problem with guns and suicide- they are available and lethal. Whether you like or dislike guns, this is how they relate to suicide.

chill98

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 12, 2016, 09:36:16 AM
The problem with guns related to suicide are their availability and lethality. The vast majority of people I see who attempt suicide, and I see about five each day, attempt to overdose on various substances: pills, heroin, bleach, etc or they slice their wrists open or both. These things are available but not as lethal as the average person believes. Imagine if there was a suicide pill in your home that was ninety eight percent lethal. When feeling depressed, anxious and hopeless, when your girlfriend dumps you, you lose your job, you are diagnosed with cancer, instead of having to find a tall building, drive there, climb to the top and look down at the drop you can just impulsively pop that pill in your bedroom and it would be over. This is the problem with guns and suicide- they are available and lethal. Whether you like or dislike guns, this is how they relate to suicide.

Just curious, Do you know how many of this majority had access to a gun? or is this something you don't ask about.  I mean pretty much everyone I know has access to a gun and I could borrow one at any time under the guise of " damn woodchuck needs to die..." scenario.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 12, 2016, 08:24:12 AM
What's your problem are you drunk again?

I am not a drunk also not a shoe. It's a nick name. Do you have a problem with understanding what you read? Because it seems like you do. I am not trying to insult you. I am trying to understand you.