NEWSFLASH, proof that Jesus existed!!! ........

Started by 21CIconoclast, July 11, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: widdershins on July 11, 2016, 02:53:23 PM
It's the beginnings of the 21st century and we still don't have a cure for stupid.
Come on, people, it's Current Year.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on July 12, 2016, 10:44:05 AM
Education actually does a pretty good job of curing stupid for the most part.  Unfortunately it is often actively sabotaged by idiots teaching their children and friends not to trust those silly books.  Because books have been wrong before, you know.  No, it's best to trust some guy on the Internet.
There ain't no cure for stupid.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

sdelsolray

Quote from: Michael M Perez on August 06, 2016, 04:17:08 AM
My life is my experience. I have had experiences in my life which proves that Jesus is a living God. 

Proves to you perhaps, likely with the associated confirmation bias, wishful thinking and selected memory.  From an outside observer, your statement proves nothing, other than it demonstrates you have a particular religious belief.

Blackleaf

My life is my experience. I have had experiences in my life which proves that Jesus is a living God.

I thought the same thing when I was a believer. You give too much credit to your imaginary friend. Take, for example, a child with cancer. If they live, God saved them. If they die, God took them home. No matter what happens, God is the good guy. Maybe one day, you'll be able to see the problem with this logic.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

truthman8

Dionysus Exiguus in the 5th century reckoned the birth of Christ to be 753 years after the birth of Rome. It was off by only about 6 years. Jesus was 2 when Herod died during a lunar eclipse in 4 bc. We know Jesus lived during that time because of Tiberius ordering descriptions of him, and the marble carving of him. Josephus mentions Jesus in his detailed writings, and adds "if it be lawful to call him a man." We know that at the time Jesus supposedly lived, there was a sudden flurry of religious fervor, with people going to their deaths willingly for a man named Jesus, sometimes called Christus. This new faith could not be stopped even by the Romans. The New Testament is totally accurate in its descriptions of the time period. Anyone who has studied the history of that time period. knows that Jesus existed. There was a temple built over a fisherman's house, believed to that of Peter. A temple was also erected over Golgotha, the place of the Crucifixion. Why were these temples built?
Jesus is the union of God and Man, and this union was born into the world to die on a cross for the sins of Man, going into Hell on the Cross, and then emerging from that Hell into eternal life, making it possible for all who believe in Him to be reconnected to life. BTW, the Second Coming is very soon.

Mike Cl

Quote from: truthman8 on August 11, 2016, 10:18:10 PM
Dionysus Exiguus in the 5th century reckoned the birth of Christ to be 753 years after the birth of Rome. It was off by only about 6 years. Jesus was 2 when Herod died during a lunar eclipse in 4 bc. We know Jesus lived during that time because of Tiberius ordering descriptions of him, and the marble carving of him. Josephus mentions Jesus in his detailed writings, and adds "if it be lawful to call him a man." We know that at the time Jesus supposedly lived, there was a sudden flurry of religious fervor, with people going to their deaths willingly for a man named Jesus, sometimes called Christus. This new faith could not be stopped even by the Romans. The New Testament is totally accurate in its descriptions of the time period. Anyone who has studied the history of that time period. knows that Jesus existed. There was a temple built over a fisherman's house, believed to that of Peter. A temple was also erected over Golgotha, the place of the Crucifixion. Why were these temples built?
Jesus is the union of God and Man, and this union was born into the world to die on a cross for the sins of Man, going into Hell on the Cross, and then emerging from that Hell into eternal life, making it possible for all who believe in Him to be reconnected to life. BTW, the Second Coming is very soon.
HaHaaaaaa!  I needed that laugh!  You know as much truth as Trump does.  Which means none, none at all.  You are not really a joke--just a stupid, stupid person--if indeed one can call you a man.  Why don't you just climb back into your hole and slime somewhere else???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

21CIconoclast

Michael,

You know what?  Muslims have those same experiences of their Allah God showing himself to them!  Isn't it an irony that when these alleged experiences happen, they're always the specific god of the religion that they've swallowed?  Funny, isn't it?  Especially since all of these Bronze and Iron Age gods blatantly contradict each other, therefore which one is the correct god to
follow?  Whoops, now what?

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”