Quit running around the Bhodi tree

Started by worldslaziestbusker, June 01, 2013, 04:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "Buddhist Alternative"Well, for me, God is not something I believe in, God is a Supreme Being that my Consciousness is aware of. Of course, what I think I am aware of is not Scientific Proof. So, as a Rationalist, I am willing to place this 'Awareness' down as a Belief and put it down in the category of Faith.
No, my conscience does not tell me anything like that, however you are welcome to hold whatever view you may want to. Of course, science has not explained Big-Bang or Evolution perfectly. Perhaps the answers would not be available in my life-time. So what, we have lived on earth for so many years without answers for everything. I will continue to live with some unanswered questions. They are the spice of life. But I see no reason to accept something for which I find no proof.
Quote from: "stromboli"And yes, there are many similarities. That is what happens when you have two religions comingling over centuries.
Or when one religion sprouts from another, like Christianity and Islam from Judaism. The similarities with Hinduism are there in Jainism and Sikhism also.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Moriarty

Quote from: "Aupmanyav"
Quote from: "Buddhist Alternative"Well, for me, God is not something I believe in, God is a Supreme Being that my Consciousness is aware of. Of course, what I think I am aware of is not Scientific Proof. So, as a Rationalist, I am willing to place this 'Awareness' down as a Belief and put it down in the category of Faith.
No, my conscience does not tell me anything like that, however you are welcome to hold whatever view you may want to. Of course, science has not explained Big-Bang or Evolution perfectly. Perhaps the answers would not be available in my life-time. So what, we have lived on earth for so many years without answers for everything. I will continue to live with some unanswered questions. They are the spice of life. But I see no reason to accept something for which I find no proof.

My consciousness tells me that I AM the supreme being. Never trust your conscious, it lies to you. I found this out while attempting to walk on water.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "leo"This buddhist alternative dude is WAY OFFFFFFFFF.[-(
What about Pure-land Buddhism?
Quote from: "Moriarty"My consciousness tells me that I AM the supreme being. Never trust your conscious, it lies to you. I found this out while attempting to walk on water.
I am not a supreme being, but I AM ( :lol: ) what constitutes all things in the universe, i.e., Brahman. You too are that - 'Tat twam asi'.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

stromboli

Wow. Resurrecting a year old thread. Jesus would be proud.  :eek:

Shiranu

If that playful stab is getting to you, you're going to have a bad time.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteI know the fucking internet, it's never a playful stab. It's always "Agree with me or else". I was expecting a intelligent conversation, not more online fuckwaddery. If thats what you guys are, then fuck you.

Obviously you were looking for intelligent conversation; that is why you have flipped your shit by assuming that we are all out to get you. Yup, for rizzles, you dun cum to edumicate us good I betz.

QuoteFrom arguing about Sega and Super Nintendo at 14 to this...fuck the whole god damn thing. Ban my account or whatever. Buncha creeps. And I could give a fuck less what you assholes think of me, I got welcomed with a bunch of passive agressive angry nonsense, then I get hazzed by some turd with 10000 posts.

A. Cool story, bro.

B. Your intro thread, if I am recalling the one that is yours, came across as insincere and pointless, just like this.

C. Obviously you don't care, that's why you are blowing a gasket over literally shit nothing. And I doubt that will get you banned because we really just don't care about you until you start breaking the rules, spamming (technically fits that first one) or type something worth reading.

QuoteFuck off.

Sorry, you post stupid shit and lose your shit on a public forum, the public gets to point and laugh and wonder what's wrong with you. If you don't like that, I suggest you shut down your computer/close your laptop/cut your phone screen off, step away and go find a new hobby because we owe you no obligation to "fuck off".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Afraidtonotbelieve on June 05, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
I know the fucking internet, it's never a playful stab. It's always "Agree with me or else". I was expecting a intelligent conversation, not more online fuckwaddery. If thats what you guys are, then fuck you.

From arguing about Sega and Super Nintendo at 14 to this...fuck the whole god damn thing. Ban my account or whatever. Buncha creeps. And I could give a fuck less what you assholes think of me, I got welcomed with a bunch of passive agressive angry nonsense, then I get hazzed by some turd with 10000 posts.

Fuck off.
Calm your tits and lurk moar, kid.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Afraidtonotbelieve on June 05, 2014, 09:20:30 PM
You want sincerity? You won't get it. Internet buddies are not friends. We'd be lucky if 1 out of 10 people would become a friend or care what we think. If you are ready at your keyboards to pounce on "sincerity" from my "intro post". If you don't care what I have to say but still jump on me with some snarky internet 2.0 comment that I'm one year too late, then yeah, do us all a favor and ban me because it doesn't seem like this is a safe place to discuss religion.

I've tried to please internet personalities for years, its all the same. I've got myself banned from some of the best forums out there - because I don't fit in. I don't want to fit in. Yes, I blew a gasket. But I had high hopes that this wasn't just a bunch of dudes ripping dabs and watching anime.

The world isn't a bit playground with no consequences. I get angry online, it affects you guys, and others. You guys made me mad. We most definitely are not going to become internet buddies. These days, anyone would be lucky to talk to 1 person out of 10 that would resonate with them. I saw some real nice replies on my "insincere" introduction. And then the Wilfred guy. What can I do? I didn't have some sophomoric joke about how meaningless life is ready. I'm not gonna have a good time here - it's been said. You guys are combative and so am I when pushed into a corner. But I wasn't looking for a fight. 

There is no reason you should draw so much from some hastily written text. Nothing pisses me off more than a play by play of how I offended your internet rules.

Who we are online is who we are in real life. It never used to be that way, but now it is. So take care, I don't know what the hell you guys expected. Sincerity has no place among strangers you never will meet or want to meet. But if you can take one thing out of this "gasket blow", I never pushed my beliefs on anyone and I didn't damn anyone to hell or defend God. But maybe I should have because that's apparently what this is all about.

I've been the odd man out on some really great internet forums, been to internet get together's as a "goon", and even played...World of Warcraft... I thought I'd give it another go. It's a shame it didn't work out. I'm fighting several addictions and don't have the power to push myself away from checking whatever you wrote back - even though no one gives a damn in "cyber space". So once again - I violated my own personal conduct which is freaking out online. So please ban me. If you don't, get ready for more passive aggressive insincere posts about religion, existence, and really bad anime.

You got plenty of fodder to shoot out your internet cannons. Don't make me lurk, just throw me in with some black powder and shoot this loser out. OK?   
Calm your tits and lurk moar, kid.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Poison Tree

Quote from: Afraidtonotbelieve on June 05, 2014, 09:20:30 PM
Don't make me lurk, just throw me in with some black powder and shoot this loser out.
You can't tell me what to do; you're not my real mom!

Wait, what?
Quote from: Afraidtonotbelieve on June 05, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
I got welcomed with a bunch of passive agressive angry nonsense,
here?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Jmpty

" I've got myself banned from some of the best forums out there " Hah. I've been kicked out of WAY better places than this!"
???  ??