Dallas Police 'Ambush': 11 Officers Shot, 5 Killed During Protest

Started by drunkenshoe, July 08, 2016, 05:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Jack89 on July 09, 2016, 06:17:14 PM
Unfortunately, this was inevitable.  Organization like BLM preach hate, politicians and the media support it, and people start believing it.  I'm guessing this kid, the killer, bought into the hate and went all the way with it.  Kind of reminds me of the downtrodden white kids in the 70s who saw themselves going nowhere and went full neo-nazi skinhead.

I personally think the media is the worse, but politicians trying to play the PC game are a close second. 
Bullshit.

Violence happens because too many people are perpetuating this. This here.

Skinheads are not an appropriate analogy at all.

I support BLM. Like the vast majority of people like me, I do not condone violence.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 10, 2016, 05:55:44 AM
The AR15 is not a long distance weapon the .223 rem/5.56 nato has never been considered a long distance round, and yes the killer was a racist who hated whitefellas

The fact is far more whites are shot and killed by police than blacks in the USA, the whitefellas don't go around rioting and looting flat screen TV's when the cops shot a white criminal.

For July we have 13 shot and killed with 119 shot and wounded in Chicago, did Obama spend much time in Chicago?
I guess black lives only matter when white people shoot them they never say anything about black on black crime.
www.heyjackass.com

You are the problem.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

baronvonrort

Quote from: Mermaid on July 10, 2016, 09:58:48 AM
You are the problem.

Sheriff David Clarke says the Kenyan is the problem, is that a black cop criticising the Kenyan?

I will go with what this cop says over leftist retards.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0-8qrAkQ0I

Shiranu

Quote... the Kenyan...

#YayCasualRacism!

QuoteI will go with what this cop says over leftist retards.

I'm sorry your parents didn't love you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Flanker1Six

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 09, 2016, 01:00:15 PM
Not freaked out.  And I must admit that I was not surprised about the Dallas sniper.  I am a bit surprised it has taken this long to show up.  Not freaked out----but concerned.  This could shape up into a racist tit-for-tat with the extreme on each side going for it.  This sniper--military trained and hardened--just demonstrates once again just how easy it is to amass an armory if one wants to.  This guy had one and he knew how to use all of it.  It seems our police are not trained well enough in what is excessive force and how to avoid it.  I will also say that 95% of all the police are average guys--which means they don't have malice in their hearts.  But it also seems to me that they will have to join ranks with other like mined police and help get rid of the other 5%.  That, tho, is a huge and difficult task, I realize.

Excellent post!   

There are TENS OF THOUSANDS of police in the US; at local, county, state, and federal levels.   A certain percentage will be bad, or just make mistakes (for an entire catalog of reasons), each should be dealt with on an individual basis on the merits of each incident.  Unfortunately; there will always be that certain percentage, and as Mike says; the profession as whole has been, and needs to continue to improve its methods, and self corrections. 

You can easily say the same things about any large professional group in the US (and elsewhere).  Every year hundreds of teachers, healthcare professionals, military personnel, lawyers, etc; get knocked off for felony behavior.  The vast majority of each group are average people; doing their best in their professions, are sincere, and mean well towards their charges.clients.  LE/CJ is different in that they have authority over large groups of others; and it is inherent they strive towards a higher standard of fairness, objectivity, and consistency.  Most do that; everyday. 

The link below is to an excellent article in the NY Post; concerning many things.  Black on black crime, police misconduct, political misconduct, media hype/frenzy, gun control, and recent urban mythology.  One of the most objective assessments of the issues I've recently seen............everyone that deserves a good slapping gets one.   

http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/how-the-ferguson-effect-is-destroying-chicago/

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

At least you guys are talking about it. I think another thing that upset me was noone responding to the event, but seemed more interested in things like genderneutral bathrooms and that ark encounter thing.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Nonsensei on July 09, 2016, 02:44:30 PM
DS it almost sounds a little bit like you want this to become a really big deal or a continuing trend.

Oh yeah... I am evil. You just found it out?

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 09, 2016, 01:00:15 PM
Not freaked out.  And I must admit that I was not surprised about the Dallas sniper.  I am a bit surprised it has taken this long to show up.  Not freaked out----but concerned.  This could shape up into a racist tit-for-tat with the extreme on each side going for it.  This sniper--military trained and hardened--just demonstrates once again just how easy it is to amass an armory if one wants to.  This guy had one and he knew how to use all of it.  It seems our police are not trained well enough in what is excessive force and how to avoid it.  I will also say that 95% of all the police are average guys--which means they don't have malice in their hearts.  But it also seems to me that they will have to join ranks with other like mined police and help get rid of the other 5%.  That, tho, is a huge and difficult task, I realize.
lololol five percent? The five percent number is closer to the number of good cops who would stand up and speak out against the bad cops (actually it's far less than 5 percent). The 95 percent are the ones who won't let you get away with not protecting a fellow officer. So yeah, you need to switch your numbers around my friend. 5 percent lmao. 5 percent!?

Now, of course I'm not saying most cops are just a bunch of racist scum. I'm saying that the system itself is racist, and the system is built to protect bad cops, and to make sure the good cops are going to live to regret it if they turn on the bad cops and speak out. You just can't really do that if you are a police officer, or you are fucking yourself over and you are going to feel the wrath.

Now, about the police being shot and killed... My sentiments are about the same as they are when a Muslim terrorist attack happens in the West. When you abuse and kill so many people, you are egging things like this on. That's not to say that I think it's good when police get killed, or when club goers get shot up by an Islamist terrorist. Of course I don't like that those people are killed, but yeah, when you show a group of people the kind of abuse that Muslims or blacks in America are having to deal with, you are going to have some people striking back.

How do we prevent things like this from happening again? Well, for one, we can ban all veterans from having guns. You say veteran, I say potential terrorist. The police force isn't militarized enough, either. I want to see more of them tanks rolling down the streets.

Mermaid

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 10, 2016, 10:17:36 AM
Sheriff David Clarke says the Kenyan is the problem, is that a black cop criticising the Kenyan?

I will go with what this cop says over leftist retards.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0-8qrAkQ0I

I'm sorry. What the fuck did you just say?

Jack89

Quote from: Shiranu on July 10, 2016, 09:36:52 AM
I audibly sighed at this... have you taken a math class? Do you understand what "proportions" and "percentages" are?

Consider the proportion of violent crime committed by race in the US.  Check DOJ, FBI, and local police statistics to get the facts.  The NYC Police yearly report is a big eye opener.  http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/year_end_2015_enforcement_report.pdf

In many major cities it's not just a proportional thing, it gross numbers.  Consider this before you dismiss his argument. 

baronvonrort

Quote from: Shiranu on July 10, 2016, 09:36:52 AM
I audibly sighed at this... have you taken a math class? Do you understand what "proportions" and "percentages" are?

Except the majority of black leaders DO address problems within their community as well as without... and seriously, what is with you people saying, "No, how dare the black community address one issue! They have to address every problem at once or they are racist!".

This link says blacks have a homicide rate 6-7 times higher than white man, is that the proportion and percentages you refer to, is this a credible link for dim witted leftists?
www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Senator Allen West did say blacks kill more blacks every 6 months than what the KKK could kill in 83 years, I guess the black victimhood industry would have been butthurt with Mr West's comments.

marom1963

The message is getting clearer, but it is not being received: the police have become targets in a society that resents the increase in police powers. If the police cannot appreciate that the American public does not like being so heavily policed, the frequency of these events will increase. "To serve and protect" is a joke, when there are so many videos available of the police outright abusing the citizenry. Too many innocents have been both physically and verbally tormented by the police for the police to run and hide behind the public for protection. The recent even in Minnesota is a perfect example: there simply was no excuse for shooting that man, and any jury that allows that cop off is asking for more rioting and looting. The police need to step back, get over themselves, and begin to treat the public w/the respect that the public deserves: after all, the public is their employer, whether they wish to believe this. Technically, folks, the lowest, dirtiest bum, lying passed out in the filthiest alley outranks the President of the United States, never mind a mere beat cop. This might not be reality, but it is the form of our Republic, and it is about time that we FORCE our leaders at least to pretend that they adhere to the form.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

baronvonrort

Quote from: marom1963 on July 10, 2016, 08:21:18 PM
The recent even in Minnesota is a perfect example: there simply was no excuse for shooting that man, and any jury that allows that cop off is asking for more rioting and looting.

The only video i can find for that shooting does not show what happened before he was shot or the actual shooting so there is no evidence there was simply no excuse for shooting him.

Any cases of white people rioting and looting flat screen TV's when police shoot a white man, if there are can you cite them

marom1963

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 10, 2016, 08:40:05 PM
The only video i can find for that shooting does not show what happened before he was shot or the actual shooting so there is no evidence there was simply no excuse for shooting him.

Any cases of white people rioting and looting flat screen TV's when police shoot a white man, if there are can you cite them
First find me some videos of white men being shot by the police for no good reason.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...