Protests in Turkey; Police Terrorism

Started by drunkenshoe, June 01, 2013, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidel_Castronaut

Been keeping up with this on the news. Quite disgusting how the protesters have been treated. I hope they get louder and louder as the media over here has started to wane in their reporting of it.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Hydra009

Dunno if this has already been posted:

WitchSabrina

Hey woman - I was just wondering about you
oxox
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Shiranu

//http://www.ibtimes.com/ahmet-sahbaz-officer-who-shot-killed-protester-ethem-sarisuluk-turkey-protests-released-jail-video

Ethem Sar?sülük was a (23 ircc) protester who was shot in the head with some-sort of riot control, and has been in the hospital for brain trauma, who has recently been declared brain dead/dead.

The officer who shot him? Got out on "self-defense" claims.

I don't know how the protests have been lately, haven't heard much about them... but I am SURE this will TOTALLY make it much better... :roll:
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

OtterPop

Looks like today, peaceful protestors were entering their park again, and riot police showed up with their badge numbers blacked out so they can't later be identified. Right now, AKP supporters as civilians are attacking protestors with machetes and sticks. Ugh.

Shiranu

Shows who the "good" guys are... if you are so secure in your power, why do you feel the need to hide your badge number or assault civilians?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

OtterPop

"Turkish cable news. Fail. Again. CNN Turk broadcasts a documentary on construction, NTV on botox, while #occupygezi is on the streets again."

In the interest of fairness, people were saying the news networks were airing the protest, then many others said the men with cleavers started systematically taking down journalists, and now the networks seems to be airing bullshit.

Erdogan insulted everybody's intelligence, claiming the unmarked policemen were "new recruits". Many people think they're just plain clothes policemen, especially since they seem to know many of the uniformed ones awfully well.

OtterPop

Police brutality continues after protesters are arrested, lots of pictures of cops kicking and beating the shit out of people for no reason at all, who are in custody for no reason at all.