Protests in Turkey; Police Terrorism

Started by drunkenshoe, June 01, 2013, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

There have been protests against building a shopping center in the place of a park in Taksim square in ?stanbul. As police has started to use excessive pepper spray and force lately in any protest, this protest has grown big and turned in to a protest against the religious government.

No deaths fortunately but close to 1000 is injured. They are people who lost their eyes. People support it from other cities and actually start to go to ?stanbul for the protests.

Media and channels are heavily censored and they didn't give any coverage other than that some light bullshit.

It continues without a break. People are still going to protests or support the protestors.

Started as simple as what you see in pics below, continued for 3 days

but in 4th day and police terrorism it has turned to something else.

The above pic is from another city, ?zmir.

That bridge below is one of the bridges between continents Asia and Europe.

Fidel_Castronaut

Man that's horrible. The police reaction has been massively excessive.

I'm glad that people are taking a stand though and aren't afraid to out themselves in front of a regime that seems to not care if people are hurt if they oppose its plans.

I hope turkey gets through it stronger, and kick the religionists out.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Fidel_Castronaut

Having an argument over FB with a Muslim friend who believes the protests have nothing to do with the encroachment of religious laws in a secular society. LOL

Fidel_Castronaut

It's fucking rediculous shoe. This guy is really smart but has a mental block when you mention the words 'Islam' and 'piece of shit religion'.  :rollin:

stromboli

Take care of yourself. Like I told my son when he went into combat- keep your head down. Luck to you.

stromboli

Quote from: "pr126"Turkish Spring?

Yeah, that's worked so well in the past....... being sarcastic, aren't you?

Jmpty

???  ??

pr126

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "pr126"Turkish Spring?

Yeah, that's worked so well in the past....... being sarcastic, aren't you?
Absolutely not.  
But I can guess that the winner will be Islam. If past experience anything to go by.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"That's because everyone knows this has nothing to do with a bunch of trees needlessly to say.  I don't know, Fidel, I hope the stand will prove for the good. The important thing is it's a start... I really don't know what to say. Too many info coming through and mixed rumour& truth. And we are trying to carry info out there (doctor, lawyer, food, anything possible) to people who needs help.

Some unbelievable things happened though. 5 stars hotels opened their doors free to protestors. Free bed, shelter, food... Foreign schools and colleges are taking people (Like St Joseph...etc) Pharmacies in Taksim are not charging people. My fave people were a garbage truck driver and a busdriver (both gov workers) giving their vehicles to protestors for making barrier against the police.

Football team supporters were really effective as you may guess. For the first time in history, different teams Fenerbahçe, Galatasary and Be?ikta? united to do something. It's like defying nature in here you know. Some cops have resigned.  Some joined the protestors, but more coming.

Nothing looks good to me though. My only solace is still no loss of life. My mind doesn't work right now, I haven't slept.

That's huge!  Says a lot right there. Wow!  HolyMoly girl............ what a mess.  Like you I'm grateful there are no fatalities yet.......but as with all religious nightmares it might get worse before it gets better.   Please keep yourself safe, honey.  Yeah - been outside painting a house soooo sorry missed this thread.
You take care of yourself, Shoezer - that's some scary shit.   Guess asking if you can get to an airport is silly of me.   Buuut  if you can - hop a plane and come visit the Poconos.   I'll put the paintbrushes down and we'll keep you safe till your country stops being scary.

(hugs)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Colanth

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
QuoteRiot police started using Agent Orange (orange gas in shells)
I am not sure how true is that.
It doesn't sound true.  Agent Orange isn't orange gas.  It's a solid, and the name comes from the orange barrels it was shipped in.  As a means of dispersing a crowd, it's less effective than talcum powder (which will cause you to choke until you cough it out) or water (which can hurt badly - even break bones - if the pressure is high enough).  Even smoke from wood or paper fires would work better.  The effect of Agent Orange is long-term - cancer and deformed offspring.

I suspect they're using orange-colored smoke.

In any event, stay safe, and lets hope that the police don't kill anyone.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Thanks a lot, Bri. I am fine don't worry, I am in a remote place and I am safe. Danger is only in protest squares in cities where it goes on. A lot was needed and we were up helping that. (there is a heavy media censor and in protest areas internet is cut, so a lot needs to be carried away esp. to international level. Also people needs medicinal help, lawyers, fresh information directed to them. So they need every pair of hands available.

If it will go real bad, it will...  :( nearly 1000 arrested, but no deaths.

You already made me feel better. I just have a head ache and need to sleep that is all.  :heart:

I'm going to ship you some Kava.
PM your address to me.   You're going to get some sleep if it's the last thing I ever do.   That's crazy..... you haven't been able to sleep in.............fcuk forever woman.
(hug)
you poor thing --- As a no-sleep, headache sufferer myself --- I hear you say that and I want to fly to your country and deliver some sleepy tea (or maybe we should just drink some wine and laugh till we pass out?)

probably hard to get sleep when your country's at war with itself.  *sigh*
Forgive my ramblings.  

yanno............................

I worry :Hangman:

WitchSabrina

Just checkin on you Shoezie - hope you're alright.  

oxox

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I am not sure how true is that.
It doesn't sound true.  Agent Orange isn't orange gas.  It's a solid, and the name comes from the orange barrels it was shipped in.  As a means of dispersing a crowd, it's less effective than talcum powder (which will cause you to choke until you cough it out) or water (which can hurt badly - even break bones - if the pressure is high enough).  Even smoke from wood or paper fires would work better.  The effect of Agent Orange is long-term - cancer and deformed offspring.

I suspect they're using orange-colored smoke.

In any event, stay safe, and lets hope that the police don't kill anyone.

Probably. Thank you Colanth.

The orange stuff is pepper spray.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.