News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

the transparent citizen

Started by Kraut and Tea, July 17, 2016, 08:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraut and Tea

Since last year we have had an increasing amount of social media surveilance here in Germany. The German government essentialy forced facebook to surveil it`s social media platform for "hate speech" and to report such speech to the government.
It does so by hireing the Antonio Amadeo foundation, a regressive left think tank headed by a former Stasi that now has the authority to surveil the internet and report everything it deems hatefull or in violation of the law to the government for prosecution, including the private adress and other information of those posting facebook users.

The German citizens online presence is becoming increasingly transparent, with some of these think tanks even going so far as to encourage private citizens to go out of their way for the denounciation of their fellow citizens along the lines of "if you encounter an opinion on the internet you dont like - report that person to his employer". And the media in this country is cheering this process and course of events on as something positive.

I find it kind of ironic how many journalists and public figures condemed the NSA after Snowdens famous leaks on how much that government institution was spying over people, and those same journalists and public figures are now cheering for mass surveilance of the private citizen when it is carried out by an ideological think tank that works both for a multinational corporation and a government, who colaborate in enforcing a ban on wrongthink on the German internet.

Do you think the common citizen will become more transparent? Or do you think people will smart up and abandon social media platforms which sell their information out?

Jannabear

Are you the youtuber kraut and tea? if so then awesome! :D
And as for rather or not people will wisen up, other social media platforms have already done shady shit and noone cares, its been shown time and time again that people can be shown how theyre being fucked over, and how theyre being put at risk, but they wont do anything about it.
People generally speaking dont seem to give a fuck about their personal safety.

Flanker1Six

Another government/arbiters of destiny (media) manifestation of the all to human trait of; "When you do it; you're a prick!  When I do it; there's a damn good reason for it! 

I don't twitter or facebook, and recommend others do likewise if they feel it's right for them. 

widdershins

That seems weird for Germany, which has been pretty pro-privacy over the last couple of decades or so.  I knew they were pretty anti-free speech when it came to Hitler or anything that sounded like him, but I vaguely remember some story a few years ago about them blasting other countries for their privacy issues, issues just like this one.

The entire world is getting less private.  Nations use security as an excuse for control, the ultimate goal being the ability to get people to actually WANT any changes they decide they want to implement, no matter how regressive or oppressive (such as The Patriot Act, its very name designed to say "If you hate this then you hate America", much like much of the rhetoric from the puppet Bush).
This sentence is a lie...