No charges for Hillary in email probe...time to start a new investigation

Started by widdershins, July 05, 2016, 02:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

It's all over the news today, the FBI did not find cause to bring charges against Hillary in the latest Republican led witch hunt.  Maybe one of the next 16 investigations will turn up enough to impeach her with.
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Flanker1Six

Actually they turned up more than enough to charge her with.  They simply didn't; based on political considerations, per the relevant conspirators within the Obamanation.   

For weeks; Admin Officials, including The Pres, have said either they were confidant no charges would be forth coming, or flat out; would not be forthcoming.   That's kinda hard to predict for an investigation that wasn't finished, and they "ostensibly" had no knowledge of the investigation details as it was fully independent, unbiased, professional, and all the other blah, blah, blah.   

Then; Bill him self; walks onto Loretta Lynch's plane; after a number of security measures are undertaken to ensure "no one is around" to kick it about the grandkids, and golf.   Never mind the ongoing FBI probe into Billary's hinky **** that Loretta is in charge of, or the ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation; which Bill him self is likely to be a witness in, if not a defendent in the very unlikely event any charges are brought pertaining to the CF's conduct/business dealings.  Hard to believe that two experienced pros like L & B are/were so stupid as to NOT realize the ramifications of such a meeting under the aforementioned circumstances.   

Then Billary has a three hour tour; eeeeerrrrrrr...................I mean interview on a "holiday weekend"  just prior to her and the Pres kicking off a mutually supportive campaign tour for her.

Which is wrapped up and finished two days later with no charges; just several hours before her and the Pres get on his tax payer supported plane to go campaign.   

Any person who has the least common sense would be completely unable to reasonably connect any of those dots.  Of course.......................that's because they're not connected.     

As a former DoS sub contractor I was required to attend several IT security sessions to learn the various dos and don'ts of Gov data; including Confidential, SBU (Sensitive But Unclassified), and Classified (I still can't say what level my clearance was because that's illegal, and unlike my boss at the time; I know what the rules  are/were).  They also made it quite clear; if we transgressed ANYTHING and got caught (it's not a violation if you don't get caught!); at minimum we'd lose our security clearance; be black listed (which is ironic as the "black list" does not exist per DoS dogma), and get windburn on our asses from being fired through the door. Far more likely we'd be investigated, brought up on charges, lose our security clearance, be black listed, and sentenced to some quality Federal "Us" Time.  Have a nice day ***holes!  Did I mention the torture they threatened us with if we even THOUGHT about putting a CD/DVD in, or connecting a thumb drive of other removable storage media to a Gov Comp? 

I guess my biggest mistake was to NOT set up a private server on my property, who's security wasn't even up to snuff with commercial grade IT security protocols (per the FBI about Billary's hook up), to slide any and all my secret squirrel stuff over to; in lieu of those difficult to use Gov Comps and their fiddly security protocols and snoopy IT Security Techs.   Oh yea........................and use my own e mail address for Gov Business (in unfriendly foreign countries, no less) instead of that pesky .gov official address they gave me.

Stuff that happens to people NOT named Billary when they do illegal IT stuff similar to or less than she did:

http://heatst.com/politics/hillary-clinton-extremely-careless-classified/   

I do agree that any further investigation into the matter/s is a waste of tax payer money.  Only because the fix is in, and this horse is dead. 

_Xenu_

Hillary is too well connected for that kind of thing to happen to her. She was extremely irresponsible to run that email server and anyone with less clout than her would be facing serious charges.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 05, 2016, 05:17:40 PM
Actually they turned up more than enough to charge her with.  They simply didn't; based on political considerations, per the relevant conspirators within the Obamanation.   

For weeks; Admin Officials, including The Pres, have said either they were confidant no charges would be forth coming, or flat out; would not be forthcoming.   That's kinda hard to predict for an investigation that wasn't finished, and they "ostensibly" had no knowledge of the investigation details as it was fully independent, unbiased, professional, and all the other blah, blah, blah.
Yeah, and Mitt Romney is the next President of the United States.  And Ted Cruz.  And Chris Christie.  And Donald Trump.  And Hillary Clinton.  That's just how politicians talk.  They tell you how it's going to be with confidence because that makes you believe it.  It doesn't matter whether it's true or not.

Then; Bill him self; walks onto Loretta Lynch's plane; after a number of security measures are undertaken to ensure "no one is around" to kick it about the grandkids, and golf.   Never mind the ongoing FBI probe into Billary's hinky **** that Loretta is in charge of, or the ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation; which Bill him self is likely to be a witness in, if not a defendent in the very unlikely event any charges are brought pertaining to the CF's conduct/business dealings.  Hard to believe that two experienced pros like L & B are/were so stupid as to NOT realize the ramifications of such a meeting under the aforementioned circumstances.   

Then Billary has a three hour tour; eeeeerrrrrrr...................I mean interview on a "holiday weekend"  just prior to her and the Pres kicking off a mutually supportive campaign tour for her.

Which is wrapped up and finished two days later with no charges; just several hours before her and the Pres get on his tax payer supported plane to go campaign.   

Any person who has the least common sense would be completely unable to reasonably connect any of those dots.  Of course.......................that's because they're not connected.
Meh.  People who want it to be something are going to make it something.  Big deal.  It was a dumb thing to do.  No doubt about that.  But as a computer technician who deals with "regular people" every day, I highly doubt she had the slightest clue how dumb it was until it blew up.  Just last week I talked a customer out of getting her own email server at the office.  She's very security conscious to the point of being paranoid and she knows a bit about computers, even writing her own software in the '80s which she still uses today and EVEN SHE didn't know what a security risk it was.  Stupid?  Yes.  Nefarious plot to undermine America?  Hardly.  If you could arrest people for doing something stupid you'd have to build Trump's fence to keep us all in because we're all guilty from time to time.

As a former DoS sub contractor I was required to attend several IT security sessions to learn the various dos and don'ts of Gov data; including Confidential, SBU (Sensitive But Unclassified), and Classified (I still can't say what level my clearance was because that's illegal, and unlike my boss at the time; I know what the rules  are/were).  They also made it quite clear; if we transgressed ANYTHING and got caught (it's not a violation if you don't get caught!); at minimum we'd lose our security clearance; be black listed (which is ironic as the "black list" does not exist per DoS dogma), and get windburn on our asses from being fired through the door. Far more likely we'd be investigated, brought up on charges, lose our security clearance, be black listed, and sentenced to some quality Federal "Us" Time.  Have a nice day ***holes!  Did I mention the torture they threatened us with if we even THOUGHT about putting a CD/DVD in, or connecting a thumb drive of other removable storage media to a Gov Comp? 
Okay.  You had "not her job" and got some training on what not to do.  Great.  You should have told her it was stupid.

I guess my biggest mistake was to NOT set up a private server on my property, who's security wasn't even up to snuff with commercial grade IT security protocols (per the FBI about Billary's hook up), to slide any and all my secret squirrel stuff over to; in lieu of those difficult to use Gov Comps and their fiddly security protocols and snoopy IT Security Techs.   Oh yea........................and use my own e mail address for Gov Business (in unfriendly foreign countries, no less) instead of that pesky .gov official address they gave me.
I'm sorry, but I'm "in the business".  When it comes to computers people are just stupid.  The older they are, the less they understand.  There is no doubt it was a huge security issue, but there was no "intent" there and intent is a HUGE part of the law.  Get busted with an ecstasy tablet and it's a often misdemeanor.  Get busted with 20 and you might get "intent to distribute", a felony.

Stuff that happens to people NOT named Billary when they do illegal IT stuff similar to or less than she did:

I do agree that any further investigation into the matter/s is a waste of tax payer money.  Only because the fix is in, and this horse is dead. 
I don't see any conspiracy.  I'm sorry, I just don't.  An old lady did something stupid with her computer.  If you only knew how many times a week I could describe a given situation with those words...  Yes, in the context it COULD HAVE BEEN (but hasn't been proven to have been) a very big deal.  It was a HUGE security risk and almost certainly she had classified information leaked.  But it's not like she set out to take down America.  It's not like she was told and said, "Good!  I hope the Chinese DO get all of my tasty American secrets!"  She's a stupid old lady who doesn't understand computers or emails or things with bytes who did a very dumb thing, not because she didn't care, but because she didn't know how dumb it was.  Big fucking deal.

Mike Cl

When will the investigation into the war crimes of Bush/Cheney and Co. start????  And when will Nixon go to prison for  his crimes?---Oh yeah, Ford took care of that. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Flanker1Six

Quote from: widdershins on July 05, 2016, 05:42:05 PM
Yeah, and Mitt Romney is the next President of the United States.  And Ted Cruz.  And Chris Christie.  And Donald Trump.  And Hillary Clinton.  That's just how politicians talk.  They tell you how it's going to be with confidence because that makes you believe it.  It doesn't matter whether it's true or not.
Meh.  People who want it to be something are going to make it something.  Big deal.  It was a dumb thing to do.  No doubt about that.  But as a computer technician who deals with "regular people" every day, I highly doubt she had the slightest clue how dumb it was until it blew up.  Just last week I talked a customer out of getting her own email server at the office.  She's very security conscious to the point of being paranoid and she knows a bit about computers, even writing her own software in the '80s which she still uses today and EVEN SHE didn't know what a security risk it was.  Stupid?  Yes.  Nefarious plot to undermine America?  Hardly.  If you could arrest people for doing something stupid you'd have to build Trump's fence to keep us all in because we're all guilty from time to time.

Not a nefarious plot to do anything.  Just the most recent and flagrant example of the Clintons being above the law, rules, regs, policy, and procedure.  Based on Director Comey's comments of today alone; she can no longer pass a basic clearance back ground check.   No clearance = No Presidency.  Why would anyone need, or want  to do what she did?  There's an entire Gov IT support system, as well as a secure/classified internet provided for free.  To whit: 

"Her expansive use of the private account was alarming to current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials and government watchdogs, who called it a serious breach.

“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario â€" short of nuclear winter â€" where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle & Reath who is a former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.  While it's nice you're protecting your customers from their potentially hazardous actions and decisions; it has nothing to do with what Billary did, or did not do under a stringent Fed Gov set of IT security/classified info rules. 

Okay.  You had "not her job" and got some training on what not to do.  Great.  You should have told her it was stupid.
I'm sorry, but I'm "in the business".  When it comes to computers people are just stupid.  The older they are, the less they understand.  There is no doubt it was a huge security issue, but there was no "intent" there and intent is a HUGE part of the law.  Get busted with an ecstasy tablet and it's a often misdemeanor.  Get busted with 20 and you might get "intent to distribute", a felony.

Amongst Billary's many sins.....................stupidity is not on the list.   A more likely explanation is; she did what she did because she and Bill Him Self have spent four decades doing what they want, when they want, as often as they want.  It's simple...............the rules are for others; not them.  DoS (and Fed Gov IT/classified material rules for that matter) are quite clear "intent does not matter".  That is straight out of the Fed/Gov's rule book not mine.    Someone who is less "progressive" than myself might gather the mistaken impression you think "older" people are incapable of under standing IT, IT Security, or their organization's (that they are in charge of) rules.   Any IT capability stereotype you'd like to apply to blacks, gays, Jews, women, etc?   It's not any subordinates job to tell the CEO they're being/are doing stupid.  The higher you are in Management the more inherent the "higher standard" is; to set the example, and lead by it..  Unless, of course, you're above the rules.     

I don't see any conspiracy.  I'm sorry, I just don't.  An old lady did something stupid with her computer.  If you only knew how many times a week I could describe a given situation with those words...  Yes, in the context it COULD HAVE BEEN (but hasn't been proven to have been) a very big deal.  It was a HUGE security risk and almost certainly she had classified information leaked.  But it's not like she set out to take down America.  It's not like she was told and said, "Good!  I hope the Chinese DO get all of my tasty American secrets!"  She's a stupid old lady who doesn't understand computers or emails or things with bytes who did a very dumb thing, not because she didn't care, but because she didn't know how dumb it was.  Big fucking deal.

Need I say more about old people stereotyping?   Hasn't been proven to be a big deal?  It is a big deal................by Director's Comey's comments alone, based on Billary's actions (not motivations, or technical credentials), and Fed Gov clearance regs; she can no longer pass a clearance background check, and is therefore NOT QUALIFIED to be President.  Yet; there she is.    There are two conspiracies; one of omission, and one of commission. 

Omission: The several dozen to as many as 100 DoS emplyees who participated in Billary's private server classified info e mail chains were required by Fed Law to report any violations of it they knew of.  Policy, procedure, regulations, rules of employment-- very basic State or Fed chain of responsibility requirements.  Not ONE has been subject to any sanction of any kind for participating in blindingly obvious violations of multiple national security rules.   Now how the **** did that happen?  My guess?  They were either of like mind with Ms. Imperialist, or did not want to run the very real likely hood of retaliation and career death. 

Commission: This **** is a hook up.  Obama, Lynch, Bill Him Self, Billary, Comey----all coincidence; all day.  the Coincidence Channel.   

"It doesn't matter, and I don't care?"    Sound familiar?       

Atheon

She was found to have sent emails. The horror! What a criminal! What a desperado! Better lock me up, too... I have email accounts.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Poison Tree

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 05, 2016, 09:00:52 PM
   and is therefore NOT QUALIFIED to be President. 
As far as I'm aware every qualification for being president is contained in Article II Section 1 of and the 22nd amendment to the US Constitution--all of which Hillary satisfies; unless you have a secret list somewhere?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

FaithIsFilth

Silly conspiracy theorist.

Nah, but really, it looks like we have several zombies in this thread who seem to be no different from the Trump zombies who think he can do no wrong. Hillary tried to wipe her server clean and was called extremely careless by the FBI, which to me is enough to disqualify her from the conversation of being President, but the Hillarybots see her being called extremely careless and take that as a win for her, and basically say that she never should have been investigated, and make up lies about her just being an old lady who didn't know any better, even though she was told that she should be using the government email and she said screw that, I'm doing things my way. You even have people in here defending  Bill Clinton's meeting with Lynch. Complete zombies just like the Trump supporters.

widdershins

Need I say more about old people stereotyping?
Hey, if your job experience completely unrelated to being Secretary of State is somehow relevant than my daily personal experience as a computer technician with old ladies not understanding computers certainly is.  Stereotypes exist for a reason.  It is a proven fact that the older you get, the harder it is to learn new things.  In another 25 years I'm going to be just as ignorant of the technology of the time to come.  It's a fact of life.  That is, of course, unless a vast majority of people here are going to claim they've never had to program their mom's TV or set up Netflix for the mother-in-law.  I've done both.  It's not a stereotype, it's a fact of life.  The older you get the less in-touch you are with current times and that includes technology.  Call me a dick all you want, it won't make it not true.

Hasn't been proven to be a big deal?  It is a big deal................by Director's Comey's comments alone, based on Billary's actions (not motivations, or technical credentials), and Fed Gov clearance regs; she can no longer pass a clearance background check, and is therefore NOT QUALIFIED to be President.  Yet; there she is.    There are two conspiracies; one of omission, and one of commission.
Like I said, people who want it to be something are going to make it something.

Omission: The several dozen to as many as 100 DoS emplyees who participated in Billary's private server classified info e mail chains were required by Fed Law to report any violations of it they knew of.  Policy, procedure, regulations, rules of employment-- very basic State or Fed chain of responsibility requirements.  Not ONE has been subject to any sanction of any kind for participating in blindingly obvious violations of multiple national security rules.   Now how the **** did that happen?  My guess?  They were either of like mind with Ms. Imperialist, or did not want to run the very real likely hood of retaliation and career death.
Fortunately you don't get to charge people with a crime based on what you "guess" happened.  The name-calling alone (Billary) that you are doing makes me dismiss your concerns outright as biased bullshit.  If you can't type "Hillary" without doing some juvenile wordplay with her name then, really, I don't care what you think.  You're hardly a bastion of objectivity here.

Commission: This **** is a hook up.  Obama, Lynch, Bill Him Self, Billary, Comey----all coincidence; all day.  the Coincidence Channel.   

"It doesn't matter, and I don't care?"    Sound familiar?       
Yes it does sound familiar.  It's what went through my head just before I read "It doesn't matter, and I don't care", but just after I read the conspiracy theory "coincidence" crap before it which insinuates that because a bunch of things all happened at once there is some conspiracy to be found.  And frankly even if there were you and I both know full well that is just "business as usual" in politics.  It happens every fucking day that one powerful person covers for another.  Bush gave Pope Satan immunity from prosecution the MOMENT things started turning up about him.  Ford pardoned Nixxon.  Oliver North took the fall for Reagan.  The Oxford Dictionary added "refudiate".  I personally heard my local city council members joking about how drunk the sheriff at the time was when he hit the parked car and saw them get all straight faced and formal when they claimed that he "became fatigued at the wheel" once the cameras came on.  But you're acting like your "guess" is an absolute fact and this is the first time this type of shit ever went down.  Welcome to fucking <name a country>.

Hijiri Byakuren

They're all criminals. Some of them are just better at hiding it.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

FaithIsFilth

About the age excuse...

Just a month before the email issue arose, in November 2010, Abedin and Clinton discussed that department employees were not receiving emails sent by then-secretary, the newly-released emails indicate.

“We should talk about putting you on state email or releasing your email address to the department so you are not going to spam,” Abedin wrote to Clinton on November 13, 2010.

In response, the secretary wrote: “Let’s get separate address or device but I don’t want any risk of the personal being accessible.”

https://www.rt.com/usa/347861-clinton-server-software-security/

If the Clinton email scandal was not something that you ever cared about and you thought it was not important enough to really look into, I get that, but if that's the case, why would you then try to put up a defense for Hillary when you haven't even taken fifteen minutes to find out the facts?

Gawdzilla Sama

We're too used to stunts by the GOP to take them seriously anymore.
PZ Myers