News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Tesla Automated Car Fatality

Started by SGOS, July 01, 2016, 09:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 03, 2016, 01:49:33 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy (the argument that a proposed solution should be rejected because it doesn't completely solve the problem.)

Well, I'll be damned!

Johan

Quote from: doorknob on July 03, 2016, 08:10:33 AM
When that day comes I still want the option to drive. But no doubt people with this opinion despite the fact that I've never had an accident and manage to avoid them on a regular basis my right to drive will be taken away by people with said opinion.
Who says you won't still be able to drive it yourself if you want to? I've seen nothing to indicate to me that driverless cars will be required to be completely driverless i.e. no way to drive it manually. In fact, in the near term they will almost definitely be required to be equipped with complete manual controls that can be accessed and utilized at any time.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

Quote from: Shiranu on July 03, 2016, 01:52:57 PM
Question; How will these cars find directions in places with absolutely zero internet connection (or on areas like military bases where the maps of restricted)?
Simple. On board memory. This is the way just about every dash mounted GPS is able to find directions now even though almost none of them are able to connect to the internet on their own.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Flanker1Six

Look!  The only thing I want to know is can these high falutin auto cars out run the cops?  Because if they can't; what good are they? 

Update on the incident if you haven't already seen it.   Seems the lad (the deceased driver) "may" have been watching a DVD, and not minding the store.  Hey!  Did I mention the decapitation--bet that's not in the sales brochure!   Might be some ISIS warlords interested in that aspect of the auto drive feature though. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/dvd-player-found-tesla-model-154828277.html

Baruch

Actual automated travel exists.  Subways/tramways.  They have a human driver though, and they still kill people.  They don't go where you want to go, and don't go when you want to go.  What y'all want is a fully automated persona subway/tramway.  Never going to happen.  You sheeple will be tricked into becoming European, giving up your car/truck, getting everywhere on tramway or train (no subways outside the big city, in spite of utopian drivel about hyper-chunnel travel).  You are going to lose your individuality and freedom, for the common good.  Europeans won't notice anything different, they never were free in the first place.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I can't remember the movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger, but there's an automated taxi of the future with a mechanical bobble headed driver that talks to the passengers.  It's really nuts, and made such an impression on me that it's the only thing about the movie that I can remember.  An accident lands the car upside down and  totals the taxi, but the automated driver just keeps talking and politely advising the passenger to "have a nice day."

Johan

SGOS

Yeah, that's it.  Although it didn't happen quite the way I remembered it.