News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Leaving Islam

Started by pr126, July 03, 2016, 11:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

It took the fellow 16 years to realise. Better late than never.

The media and politicians would not touch this with a bargepole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7_YQ53lfI

He will be a hunted man. Not just because he has left
Islam, but promises to display Islam's dirty laundry.
That is a definite death sentence.

Munch

He sounds like someone whos bordering, really on the fence. He may confessing the truth about islam, but I'm certain he'd just jump on the next big religion that makes him feel like he's part of something.

"Most of the time I was successful in defending Mohammad, because I was well educated" No.. no sorry, you didn't sweetheart, just because you think you defended islams pedophile figurehead doesn't mean you were successful in doing so. That fact it would take someone 16 years to realize what your religion is actually saying and doing is kind of depressing.

That said, its one step forward. Unlike the comment section of the video.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cocoa Beware

He speaks perfect Arabic and puts everything in it's proper context, and yet in the comment section you still have all these Muslims coming out of the woodwork to say he has somehow got it wrong.

The degree of cognitive dissonance you see in Islam is just insane.

Munch

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on July 03, 2016, 08:27:27 PM
The degree of cognitive dissonance you see in Islam is just insane.

tbh, that kind of cognitive dissonance is in all religions, what the video showed is just how insane the muslim community is when it comes to apostates. And the question always arises, if their faith is meant to preach holiness and godliness, when then do you behave like rabid animals just from something as simply as someone leaving your pack?

pr126

QuoteAnd the question always arises, if their faith is meant to preach holiness and godliness, when then do you behave like rabid animals just from something as simply as someone leaving your pack?
The answer is very simple.

They are emulating the prophet Muhammad as per dictate of the Quran which urges to copy him, emulate him no less than 91 times if they want to achieve paradise.

Atheon

Glad he shed the delusion of one religion, and hope he doesn't get hooked into another religion.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on July 04, 2016, 01:25:40 AM
Glad he shed the delusion of one religion, and hope he doesn't get hooked into another religion.

thats the impression I got from his talk, he sounded well versed in the quran, and even still calling viewers his 'brothers and sisters' like someone from a cult would, so it made me think he'd either relapse and go back to islam, or go on to another religion.

Flanker1Six

Herd animals..................................waiting for some one to "show them the way". 

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on July 04, 2016, 07:51:29 AM
thats the impression I got from his talk, he sounded well versed in the quran, and even still calling viewers his 'brothers and sisters' like someone from a cult would, so it made me think he'd either relapse and go back to islam, or go on to another religion.

My impression was that he was trying to mollify his Muslim viewers so that they would know that his intentions were good, and that he was once one of them. He also spoke in Arabic, to show that he understood the texts that he was quoting from.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--