Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Pure concentrated insanity

Started by Cocoa Beware, July 01, 2016, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQ5vTmOFN0

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

Is this really what's been going on in Mosques all this time?

Hydra009

Reminds me of the churchgoers eating grass.  It's the same crap, just in a different toilet.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on July 01, 2016, 05:39:07 PM
Is this really what's been going on in Mosques all this time?

No, it is not the standard. I think they are sufis, could be wrong. It's called zikr I guess.

Anthropologically, this is the same ritual primitive tribes do around fire or some christians jump up and down and talk giberrish, screaming, having seziures on the floor (I forgot its name). There are various types of it.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

Hey, throw in some Reddiwhip its all good.....

drunkenshoe

Baruch

For those who aren't Pentecostal or Charismatic or Hasidic or Sufi ... this is the most ugly side of religion, even for regular religious people.  I lean Hasidic myself, I admire the Bratslavers.  From out point of view, those who aren't passionate, aren't practicing a living religion.  I got lectured on this by the Rabbi's wife ... and why I haven't been to synagogue in 5 years.  It wouldn't have been polite to tell her or the Rabbi, that they were working against the Ruach HaKodesh.
phy
It would be no surprise to be that most posters here would like Plato's Republic, as long as it was ruled by Physicist Kings instead of Philosopher Kings ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 02, 2016, 05:27:59 AMsome christians jump up and down and talk giberrish, screaming, having seziures on the floor (I forgot its name). There are various types of it.

When they fall over and convulse on the floor, it's called being "slain in the Spirit." The gibberish screaming is called "speaking in tongues." Although the Bible describes the gift of tongues as the ability to speak foreign languages that you do not know, Pentecostals believe they're speaking in the tongues of angels. If angels did exist, I would hope that their language would be more tolerable to listen to than the gibberish their mouths come up with. Something like the Quenya language from the Lord of the Rings.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 12, 2016, 12:02:17 PM
When they fall over and convulse on the floor, it's called being "slain in the Spirit." The gibberish screaming is called "speaking in tongues." Although the Bible describes the gift of tongues as the ability to speak foreign languages that you do not know, Pentecostals believe they're speaking in the tongues of angels. If angels did exist, I would hope that their language would be more tolerable to listen to than the gibberish their mouths come up with. Something like the Quenya language from the Lord of the Rings.

Oh OK. I knew it was called "speaking in tongues" I forgot about it, but I didn't know what it was about. Thanks.

Yeah LotR soundtrack would suit it better, I agree.

Flanker1Six

Ssssssooooooo............................when Fred Flinstone said abba dabba dddooooo........................................who would have thought?   .)

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 12, 2016, 05:21:44 PM
Ssssssooooooo............................when Fred Flinstone said abba dabba dddooooo........................................who would have thought?   .)

Well shit. Now that you've invoked ABBA, I'm sure Brian will be along anytime to remind of us of their holiness.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on July 12, 2016, 07:56:27 PM
Well shit. Now that you've invoked ABBA, I'm sure Brian will be along anytime to remind of us of their holiness.

Well….that was just uncalled for…..funny as hell…..but….er..uncalled for….be ashamed heathen.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solomon Zorn

I think it's actually, "Yabba Dabba Doo," so Brian can relax.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com