News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Noah's Ark - 39 Problems

Started by GSOgymrat, June 30, 2016, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

The Noah's Ark story is so silly that I think that listing reasons to debunk it is kind of a waste of time, like trying to figure out how much money it would take to build a real life Death Star. A fun waste of time maybe, but still a waste. The people who listen to reason have already figured out for themselves that this story is bologna.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Clean animals and unclean animals were not the same. A cow was a clean animal, a pig not so much. So you would have 14 of each clean and 2 of each unclean animals.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 02, 2016, 06:38:46 PM
Clean animals and unclean animals were not the same. A cow was a clean animal, a pig not so much. So you would have 14 of each clean and 2 of each unclean animals.

I have shoveled shit from both animals. Clean is a relative term.  :biggrin: (yes I know. Levitical yada yada) Which is why I will continually point out that aspect of Ark dwelling. Count the animals, figure minimum one dump per day.... you do the math. Or shoveling.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: TomFoolery on July 02, 2016, 04:08:21 PM
An old meme but certainly worth sharing again:

Double-think is a required skill for becoming this deluded.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: stromboli on July 02, 2016, 07:04:05 PM
I have shoveled shit from both animals. Clean is a relative term.  :biggrin: (yes I know. Levitical yada yada) Which is why I will continually point out that aspect of Ark dwelling. Count the animals, figure minimum one dump per day.... you do the math. Or shoveling.

Well, you see... The Ark had a toilet system for each pair of animals, and God would make them use the toilets so that they wouldn't make a mess everywhere. But after a few days, this was no longer necessary, because God allowed the animals to survive on photosynthesis so that the carnivores wouldn't each the other animals and the herbivores wouldn't starve.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

As a child if the Bible indicated God gave Noah a magic ark that was larger on the inside than on the outside, like those tents in Harry Potter, I would have totally bought it.

GSOgymrat

Ken Ham:

"What this atheist wants to do (and really I find it quite childish) illustrates how intolerant many atheists can be in regard to Christianity in this culture. They’re so insecure in their blind faith that, even with all of the evolution-based museums and evolution-saturated curricula in public schools and colleges, they’re very scared of the Ark and the Creation Museum."

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2016/07/02/atheists-help-promote-ark/

stromboli

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 03, 2016, 04:42:24 PM
Ken Ham:

"What this atheist wants to do (and really I find it quite childish) illustrates how intolerant many atheists can be in regard to Christianity in this culture. They’re so insecure in their blind faith that, even with all of the evolution-based museums and evolution-saturated curricula in public schools and colleges, they’re very scared of the Ark and the Creation Museum."

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2016/07/02/atheists-help-promote-ark/

Ham is under the impression that there will be a flood of people pouring through the ark from day one, which is possible. But once reviews in local and national papers start coming in, there is bound to be a few that won't be faith promoting. The ark will stand ultimately as another example of human stupidity for our future progeny to laugh at.

GSOgymrat

I need to break out the leather harness and organize a Gay Day at the Creation Museum. "Created to Be Fabulous!" Ken is all about tolerance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 03, 2016, 06:10:08 PM
I need to break out the leather harness and organize a Gay Day at the Creation Museum. "Created to Be Fabulous!" Ken is all about tolerance.

That one I definitely got to see.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 03, 2016, 06:10:08 PM

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

stromboli

Question- how many pregnant women and newborns did god kill in the flood? Judgment against the unborn?