News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why isn't there a war on Easter?

Started by Poison Tree, March 24, 2013, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Agenda

Maybe there aren't a lot of clearly religious displays on government property put up for Easter.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

SGOS

There aren't as many secularists that celebrate their version of Easter as there are at Christmas.  It's the wide variety of secular Christmas celebrations that take place that cause Christians to insist a war is taking place.  Yep, all those other people who see Christmas as a time to spend with their families, exchange gifts, decorate the houses, and throw parties for friends.  Let's face it.  Christmas is widely celebrated, and the most popular holiday of the year, and much of it isn't focused on the Christian interpretation of what Christmas is supposed to be.  

The typical victimized  response for the Christian majority is to view it as a war, which is odd when you stop to think that all of those other people who love Christmas so much have no idea, and are just having a wonderful time doing something they like.  They ignorantly go on and on wishing each other well and being merry, while Christians get all in a stew about it.

ApostateLois

So much for good will and peace on Earth.  Did they mistake "peace" for "piss?" :lol:
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

St Giordano Bruno

Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

The Non Prophet

Nobody gives a shit about Easter, that's why.

NitzWalsh

I have a little stuffed animal rabbit that I should put on a cross as an Easter decoration.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

The Non Prophet

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"I have a little stuffed animal rabbit that I should put on a cross as an Easter decoration.

Love it.

NitzWalsh

Yeah, I like that. Matt Dillahunty is my hero. The Atheist Experience is the first atheist outreach thing I ever saw while I was still Christian and am becoming more and more of a militant atheist/anti-theist because of it.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

SGOS

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"I have a little stuffed animal rabbit that I should put on a cross as an Easter decoration.
A little bunny rabbit tied to a cross that projects an image of torture would frighten your children and push then towards a socially demented maladjustment.  However, if you carved little statues of men hanging hopelessly from crosses with nails in their hands and feet, blood running down their faces, and a spears sticking in their stomach, you could distribute these to small children without expecting any psychological harm to result.

St Giordano Bruno

We don't have to stomach "Easter carols" being played at just about every shopping mall I have been at.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Poison Tree

Quote from: "St Giordano Bruno"We don't have to stomach "Easter carols" being played at just about every shopping mall I have been at.
oh, a new business opportunity. Just think, with a little hard work--and a lot of sucking up to wing nuts--I could have a corner on the Easter carol market
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Colanth

Ask almost any Christian what the most sacred day in the Christian calendar is, and he'll say "Christmas".  BZZT.  Wrong!  It's Easter.

If they don't know their own religion, what can you expect?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.