Is trump racist? Or just xenophobic

Started by Jannabear, June 29, 2016, 08:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

I've heard alot of people call trump racist, but I've never heard him say anything i'd define as directly racist, but he's definitely said shit that's extremely xenophobic.

Baruch

Definitely a liar and prevaricator.  I wouldn't take anything he says, as his true position ... so the jury is still out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

He operates on racial stereotypes and he uses immigration, fear and nationalism to further his political campaign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 29, 2016, 08:24:06 PM
He operates on racial stereotypes and he uses immigration, fear and nationalism to further his political campaign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Correct.  Public speakers need to know their audience, and pander to their weaker natures.  NWO types use cosmopolitanism, one-world-ism, soothing speech and the UN to further their political campaigns.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

You've must have missed the speech where he said mexicans are rapists and murderers...

TomFoolery

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 29, 2016, 08:24:06 PM

I was going to say this. I think as an individual, he might not necessarily be either racist or xenophobic. Nothing about the man's public persona seems genuine, and as crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't be shocked if there existed some way to peer into people's hearts if we discovered Trump wasn't just a grandstanding asshole who spewed a lot of garbage but on some personal level never really cared about race or nationality.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Either we know what is in his heart, like Shrub, or we don't.  For now, I will avoid agreeing on anything with Shrub, on principle.

A political campaign that focussed on good things rather than bad things ... would be nice ... but people as a rule, aren't nice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jannabear on June 29, 2016, 08:07:03 PM
I've heard alot of people call trump racist, but I've never heard him say anything i'd define as directly racist, but he's definitely said shit that's extremely xenophobic.
A little of column A, a lot of column B.  Happy reading.

Some of this stuff is pretty guilt-by-association stuff, like racist Trump supporters or rubbing elbows with a racist radio host.  But some of it is pretty damning, like racist statements from Trump and his businesses repeatedly coming under fire for racial discrimination.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 29, 2016, 08:29:02 PMYou've must have missed the speech where he said mexicans are rapists and murderers...
Just the ones that Mexico sends over, like they have a government building with a queue and a giant slingshot or something.   "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."  Some of them might be good people.  They could all be evil, though.

PickelledEggs

I guess it's time to move to Mexico. According to Trump, they send all their nasty people here and he's going to build a wall. That means all the shitty people are going to be in the US and the good people are going to be in Mexico and it's going to be separated by a wall.

Sounds perfect to me, with exception of course that they have no cold weather or pizza....

Baruch

Apparently there are a lot of PC people who know nothing of Mexico.  And bigots too.  There were probably Abolitionists back in the day, who thought that Black folk would never be a crime problem in the North, just in the South.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

widdershins

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 29, 2016, 08:29:02 PM
You've must have missed the speech where he said mexicans are rapists and murderers...
Hey, he said that he assumed that some of them were good people.  He made that assumption based on no evidence whatsoever.  So Trump simply assumes Mexicans are good people except when the evidence suggests otherwise.  Isn't that "negative racism"?  So, like, he can be a little racist and the points balance out or something.

Well, I tried, but I just can't make crazy shit sound good.  I guess I won't be running for office any time soon on a platform of saying whatever batshit crazy bullshit comes to mind.
This sentence is a lie...

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 29, 2016, 10:08:56 PMSounds perfect to me, with exception of course that they have no cold weather or pizza....
But they do have taco salads (as an imported dish).  And nothing I can think of dispells the idea that Trump has something against Mexican immigrants more than him eating a taco salad on Cinco de Mayo while proclaiming "I love the Hispanics!".

That probably helped him out with Hispanics about as much as during my congressional bid when I had a basketball in one hand and a watermelon slice in the other while shouting "I love black people!"

stromboli

Don't know if he's racist or xenophobic. Too specific. Think "dickhead" as a general category.