News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Demolishing The Messiah Myth

Started by stromboli, June 28, 2016, 12:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Only the JWs do good math, but that gets them in trouble, since they have cumulatively had more than 144,000 member so far ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

freetodecide

I believe Christians can learn a lot from Buddhists as far as reflecting a peaceful spirit, in fact almost all religions can co-exist except Islam.
The return of Jesus Christ will fulfil prophecy for Christians (Saviour) Jews (Messiah) and Moslems, by destroying the myth that Mohammed is their (prophet).
For atheists the big bang theory will be confirmed as the earth implodes.

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 19, 2016, 11:42:47 PM
I believe Christians can learn a lot from Buddhists as far as reflecting a peaceful spirit, in fact almost all religions can co-exist except Islam.
The return of Jesus Christ will fulfil prophecy for Christians (Saviour) Jews (Messiah) and Moslems, by destroying the myth that Mohammed is their (prophet).
For atheists the big bang theory will be confirmed as the earth implodes.

Yeah, you sure do have all your facts in line.  Can't argue such clear thinking.  Man, you just ripped the scales from my eyes and convinced me of the error of my ways.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 04:52:08 PM
Your job as an atheist is to demolish the so called messiah myth which has endured 2000 years, the best you can come up with is bugs bunny!

[mod]Nah. You're done here.
Learn what the burden of proof is.

By the way. What can you tell me of purgatory, as it's described in your faith? See you there.[/mod]

Cavebear

Quote from: freetodecide on October 19, 2016, 04:24:13 PM
Easy to attack religions and churches for that matter but the truth of Christianity comes in the form of the Holy Spirit, promised by Jesus and a witness to his authenticity, for those whom. DON'T THINK THEY ALREADY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS!

The reason it is so easy to attack Christians (or Jews or Moslems or others) os that the whole concept makes no sense.  Do you believe that Thor is a true deity?  Do you worship Thor. 

I don't and I don't believe in your deity for the same reason.  "It" seems as idiotic and unsensible as Thor to me.

Your reasons supporting your own deity (whatever it is) don't matter to me just as those of someone who believes in Thor wouldn't matter to you.  Whatever deity you believe in, I merely believe in one less.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 18, 2016, 06:12:54 PM
My 'job' is not defending my atheism.  I don't care if you accept the way I think or not.  Who hands out these 'jobs' anyway????  And I suggest that Bugs Bunny is as real as your set of fictional characters.  If length of time for a belief to have been around is your measurement of truth,  why are you not a Buddhist?

Forget Buddha, why not Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, or the Native American mythologies. The NA mythos in particular are quite violent and make for some very interesting folklore to learn.

Also towards cave... Thor isn't idiotic :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on October 22, 2016, 03:32:15 AM
Forget Buddha, why not Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, or the Native American mythologies. The NA mythos in particular are quite violent and make for some very interesting folklore to learn.

Also towards cave... Thor isn't idiotic :(.

Thor is as moronic as all the rest.  Have you red the actual Norse stories?  But he does make for a good movie.  Or are you making the sign of the hammer these days.  ;)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 22, 2016, 07:51:16 AM
Thor is as moronic as all the rest.  Have you red the actual Norse stories?  But he does make for a good movie.  Or are you making the sign of the hammer these days.  ;)

European Christianity is hybrid ... back in the day, Norse crosses combined the Christian cross with Mjolnir ... just in case.  Native Americans did similar things, to keep the padres off their backs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

All gods are equally idiotic, but each in their own way(s).  Taken as a whole, it is quite obvious they are human inventions.  And since which one you believe in is an accident of geography, any thinking person (yes, a huge qualifier for any theist) can see that any god will have the impact upon you that you want it to have; your choice.  And a thinking person can see that any god is just plain fictional.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 22, 2016, 01:52:53 PM
All gods are equally idiotic, but each in their own way(s).  Taken as a whole, it is quite obvious they are human inventions.  And since which one you believe in is an accident of geography, any thinking person (yes, a huge qualifier for any theist) can see that any god will have the impact upon you that you want it to have; your choice.  And a thinking person can see that any god is just plain fictional.

Speaking of demi-gods ... Genghis Khan is still such in Mongolia ... and his burial place at the top of a mountain is still guarded and still sacred.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 22, 2016, 01:52:53 PM

True that!  I recall one of the Conan movies where he tells somone his God is the Earth and the other says but my God is the sky, and Conan looks up and you can just SEE him contemplating this new idea.

Fortunately, we are beyond that.   But the expansion of his thought WAS impressive.  One step forward to less than one deity...

fencerider

You have to believe in Thor. That's a whole lot of movies we can't make, if you don't. The next one is "Thor meets Bugs Bunny". ... Bugs kills Thor with a carrot.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on December 03, 2016, 11:56:10 AM
You have to believe in Thor. That's a whole lot of movies we can't make, if you don't. The next one is "Thor meets Bugs Bunny". ... Bugs kills Thor with a carrot.

I worship Taz myself ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTlNOZB4Zo
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel