News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Demolishing The Messiah Myth

Started by stromboli, June 28, 2016, 12:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: freetodecide on October 16, 2016, 04:33:49 AM
Yes, the Holy Spirit is the divine messenger and he speaks to the believer. John 14:17   

No, that's an assertion. A claim at best; can you substantiate it?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Yes, the Holy Spirit is the divine messenger and he speaks to the believer. John 14:17   

True identity is only possible in unparalleled acceptance.  Deepac Chopra     http://wisdomofchopra.com/

Mike Cl

Oh yeah, the Tooth Fairy have sex all the time, for I am a true believer!  Gotcha!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

freetodecide

"When ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise" The game breaker will always be the Holy Spirit because he defies intellect, which is foolishness unto God. Why should God reveal himself to unbelievers? That is what the romans demanded; "Take yourself down from the cross if you are the real God"
I was once a sceptic, but I never closed my heart and mind to the possibility of an eternal God.
Now the evidence has been presented to me, I choose to share it with whomever may be interested.

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 16, 2016, 05:47:51 PM
"When ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise" The game breaker will always be the Holy Spirit because he defies intellect, which is foolishness unto God.
That is the key right there.  It is so much easier to be ignorant and then to revel in it; thinking and reasoning is just so much harder.  Yep--theists are stupid and make a virtue of it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

freetodecide

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on October 14, 2016, 09:26:06 AM
Your logic is unassailable. The weatherman was wrong: therefore science is for morons.

Smart people, on the other hand, get their knowledge and predictions from God's big book of indisputable facts.
Paid Scientists could not be trusted with a very short term prediction, yet atheists give credence to a 13 billion year old hunch.

freetodecide

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 16, 2016, 06:00:18 PM
That is the key right there.  It is so much easier to be ignorant and then to revel in it; thinking and reasoning is just so much harder.  Yep--theists are stupid and make a virtue of it.
Like I said, the Holy Spirit is the "game breaker," otherwise it becomes like a soccer player and a rugby player arguing about the shape of the ball.

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 16, 2016, 10:14:28 PM
Like I said, the Holy Spirit is the "game breaker," otherwise it becomes like a soccer player and a rugby player arguing about the shape of the ball.
Yeah, that old Holy Spirit is pretty good.  But, from my experience, The Tooth Fairy, or The Invisible Pink Unicorn are more dependable. 

Baruch

Quote from: freetodecide on October 16, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
Paid Scientists could not be trusted with a very short term prediction, yet atheists give credence to a 13 billion year old hunch.

I don't trust scientists either, but I trust the Pope even less.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: freetodecide on October 16, 2016, 05:47:51 PM
"When ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise" The game breaker will always be the Holy Spirit because he defies intellect, which is foolishness unto God. Why should God reveal himself to unbelievers? That is what the romans demanded; "Take yourself down from the cross if you are the real God"
I was once a sceptic, but I never closed my heart and mind to the possibility of an eternal God.
Now the evidence has been presented to me, I choose to share it with whomever may be interested.

Ah, but the people here are not interested in your testimony.  But don't take it personally.  Aren't you dishonest?  Aren't you trying to get brownie points with G-d for evangelism?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

freetodecide

Quote from: Baruch on October 16, 2016, 11:12:04 PM
Ah, but the people here are not interested in your testimony.  But don't take it personally.  Aren't you dishonest?  Aren't you trying to get brownie points with G-d for evangelism?
If that was the goal I would go for Mormonism, as they have different levels of celestial happiness.
Why is it that discussing God with an atheist, is like debating with the devil?
Remember that line, "the devils greatest achievement has been convincing man that God doesn't exist"

Shiranu

Wow, you can't even correctly quote, "The Usual Suspects" most iconic line and you expect to be taken seriously?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Say Mr. "Holier than thou Aren't"...

Quote“…even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.” (2 Corinthians 11:14â€"15)

You seem a bit over the top in your righteousness... how do I know the bringing up of the devil wasn't your guilty conscious?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: freetodecide on October 17, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
Remember that line, "the devils greatest achievement has been convincing man that God doesn't exist"

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

He. As in the Devil. Not "HE" as in God.

And he hasn't done a good job. I know he exists. He's nice. We golf every other Sunday.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: freetodecide on October 17, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
If that was the goal I would go for Mormonism, as they have different levels of celestial happiness.
Why is it that discussing God with an atheist, is like debating with the devil?

There is only one G-d, there is no Devil, or G-d is the Devil.  Why are people against arithmetic?  Monotheism means 1 god.  Or do you believe in fallen angels, archangels, etc.  In angelology of old, John the Baptist is a descended watcher named Sandalphon and Jesus is a descended watcher named Metatron ... but not nephelim ... John the Baptist and Jesus were celibate.  The Devil and his trumps aren't celibate, they like human women.  So do I ... so I must be Trumped ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.