News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Demolishing The Messiah Myth

Started by stromboli, June 28, 2016, 12:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on October 18, 2016, 09:31:38 PM
Not written for everyone of course….hmmmm…..how interesting. Remember the babble only promises heaven to 144,000. Course they need to be of a certain sect…..

Christians show total inability to read.  It is 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel ... last time I checked, most Christians are not even Jewish.  This is why, since the 4th century of whacky theology ... the Christians have to interpret that they are all crypto-Jews.  But they still massively fail math.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

freetodecide

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2016, 12:10:46 AM
Christians show total inability to read.  It is 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel ... last time I checked, most Christians are not even Jewish.  This is why, since the 4th century of whacky theology ... the Christians have to interpret that they are all crypto-Jews.  But they still massively fail math.
How about a atheists and pagan almanac of wacky ideas
#1 how to arrive at conscience thought and intelligence from chemical elements.
#2 explain the big bang? what chemistry was involved and what caused ignition?

The bible has done a better job at getting the message out, since printing was not invented until the 15th century.

Cavebear

And that is evidence in any way?  You've got to be kidding. 

Quoting a part of a book written a century or 2 after the claimed event is like me writing as if I was  writing under the name of George Washington today describing the events at Valley Forge without any actual personal knowledge of it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on October 18, 2016, 09:31:38 PM
Not written for everyone of course….hmmmm…..how interesting. Remember the babble only promises heaven to 144,000. Course they need to be of a certain sect…..

144,000!  That number is so big, I can't even imagine it.  I'm sure I fit into that group.  I must.

Cavebear

Depends on how stupid the deity would be.  And, of course it COULD always be a cricket and only love things that don't bother crickets...  ;)

Baruch

Quote from: freetodecide on October 19, 2016, 01:38:09 AM

The bible has done a better job at getting the message out, since printing was not invented until the 15th century.

Good questions, but you can't conclude "Christianity" from that.  You probably won't read every post of the past year ... but not too long ago I answered those questions (as only I can).  It isn't long, so I will paraphrase myself ...

One can look at one's experience as a human, at two extremes.  At one end, explanation means, find something simpler than X, from which in principle you could construct X ... like bricks explain a brick building.  It leaves "brick" unexplained, and it doesn't explain where the bricks came from or why humans stacked them into a building.  Reductive explanation is like that, though materialists will claim that "infinite regress" is fine, that some scientist in the future will overcome this with an even more clever, more simplistic building block.  Democritus and Aristotle couldn't leave "infinite regress" alone though they were motivated by Zeno's motion paradox instead of quantum mechanics.  For Democritus, he came up with the idea, still unjustified, that there is an "uncuttable" or "a-tomos" ... where you simply can't continue to slice the salami.  For Aristotle, he came up with the idea, still unjustified, of "unmoved mover" not necessarily personal ... that a logical argument has to have a finite number of steps.  Math proof still struggles over the apparent need for proofs with an infinite number of steps (mathematical induction) and with other infinities.  Math reductionism and physics reductionism have been successful, at least as long as they stop at some point, don't try to step off the cliff.  The other extreme is that reductionism doesn't work in all cases, or perhaps in any case, as a means of explanation.  In Euclid, we don't explain the axioms, we accept them as true (for the purpose of argument) and use deductions to develop theorems based on that assumption.  What if life, the universe, everything (thanks Douglas Adams) is axiomatic, not literally reducible to simpler things, except as a sometimes useful approximation?  So getting to my point ...

Life is axiomatic, not reductive.  It requires no reductive explanation, any more than my right hand requires explanation.  My right hand requires use, as determined by my self, by my free will.  In that case, your questions have no answer, by theists or atheists ... the questions are hiding hidden contradictions (as was feared unnecessarily, regarding the parallel postulate in Euclid).  And thus life, the universe, everything ... is irrational (same as irreducible), if you examine it closely enough.  At most they require demonstration, and that is trivial, not rocket science.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

It's simple. None of you are real. Only I am real. Consciousness does not come from chemical elements; it just appears that way to fool me into believing that this world is real. There was no big bang. My mind imagined this whole world, and when I die, it'll imagine a new one. Obviously, science can't explain these things, so prove me wrong.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Hydra009

The "argument" in question is simply an argument from ignorance.  And if you think ignition is the correct way of describing the Big Bang, I feel bad for your science teacher.

There are some pretty compelling reasons why abiogenesis and the Big Bang model were formulated and I urge you to look into it, assuming you can bring yourself to read a book that isn't the Bible.

QuoteThe bible has done a better job at getting the message out, since printing was not invented until the 15th century.
Who would have thought a cult could spread quicker than scientific understanding.  I never would have guessed.

And by the way, how are they doing relative to each other?  Do people say "We used to have a scientific explanation for that, now we have a religious one."  Or is it the opposite?

Cavebear

No, they still say "we have a religious one for that".

freetodecide

Easy to attack religions and churches for that matter but the truth of Christianity comes in the form of the Holy Spirit, promised by Jesus and a witness to his authenticity, for those whom. DON'T THINK THEY ALREADY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: freetodecide on October 19, 2016, 04:24:13 PM
Easy to attack religions and churches for that matter but the truth of Christianity comes in the form of the Holy Spirit, promised by Jesus and a witness to his authenticity, for those whom. DON'T THINK THEY ALREADY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS!
Kid, the one who thinks he has all the answers is you. The reason you're here preaching to us is for self-validation. Now that you've encountered resistance, you're trying to shout us down and make yourself feel relevant. You are not. You are an entertaining diversion from our normal discussions about news, politics, and the real world in general.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 19, 2016, 04:24:13 PM
Oh my!!  You used the T word--think.  You will surly be drummed out of the whatever silly, stupid organization you are a member of.  I do think I have the answers; not all of them, but enough to know that your god is a fiction.  And your Holy Shit, eeerrrrrr, Spirit is just that--holy shit.  It is a fiction, as well.  You go ahead and revel and roll in your B-word.  Believe whatever your leader tells you, keep giving them your money and I believe you will simply die a silly, stupid, ignorant man/woman and end up as atoms, as do all of us.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 19, 2016, 09:22:52 AM
It's simple. None of you are real. Only I am real. Consciousness does not come from chemical elements; it just appears that way to fool me into believing that this world is real. There was no big bang. My mind imagined this whole world, and when I die, it'll imagine a new one. Obviously, science can't explain these things, so prove me wrong.

Except Buddha already beat you to it .. but completed the cycle of skepticism.  When you have as many followers as he has, maybe I will worship you too ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2016, 12:10:46 AM
hmm 12,000 x 12= 144,000…all of a particular "sect"……. hmmmm….
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust