News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Demolishing The Messiah Myth

Started by stromboli, June 28, 2016, 12:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 17, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
If that was the goal I would go for Mormonism, as they have different levels of celestial happiness.
Why is it that discussing God with an atheist, is like debating with the devil?
Remember that line, "the devils greatest achievement has been convincing man that God doesn't exist"
At least when talking to an atheist you are talking to a real entity.  Your god, jesus or the devil are all fictions.  You may as well be talking to Bugs Bunny.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

freetodecide

Quote from: Shiranu on October 17, 2016, 04:16:43 AM
Wow, you can't even correctly quote, "The Usual Suspects" most iconic line and you expect to be taken seriously?
Never watched the movie, whilst mocking God many atheists take on devils advocate, but he shouldn't exist according to their flawed logic.

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 17, 2016, 04:52:40 PM
Never watched the movie, whilst mocking God many atheists take on devils advocate, but he shouldn't exist according to their flawed logic.
How can one 'mock' god????  That's like being worried somebody will mock Bugs Bunny!  And the devil is simply a fiction (and in that fiction, the devil is a product of god anyway.).  You do get carried away by your fictions, don't you?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

freetodecide

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 17, 2016, 05:31:02 PM
How can one 'mock' god????  That's like being worried somebody will mock Bugs Bunny!  And the devil is simply a fiction (and in that fiction, the devil is a product of god anyway.).  You do get carried away by your fictions, don't you?
You try and close the debate with nonsense, start looking at a plan b worst case scenario, my job is not to fight with atheists but to warn them of pending doom.
Noah was a fool up until the rain came.
Since you don't believe in a loving God, open your eyes, the world is preparing for war.

Blackleaf

Quote from: freetodecide on October 17, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
If that was the goal I would go for Mormonism, as they have different levels of celestial happiness.
Why is it that discussing God with an atheist, is like debating with the devil?
Remember that line, "the devils greatest achievement has been convincing man that God doesn't exist"

I'd say that God does a good enough job convincing people he doesn't exist. He created the world 6000 years ago, yet left evidence that the earth was around for 4.543 billion years, and that the universe is 13.8 billion years old. He created the dinosaurs and mankind on the same day, yet there are no human fossils as old as the dinosaurs' or any dinosaur fossils as young as the human fossils. Out of all the civilizations in the world, he chose the Hebrews to communicate with exclusively rather than any of the further developed civilizations which would have done a better job spreading his religion. Now he communicates exclusively through a 2000 year old collection of books that are so barbaric, they hold virtually no relevance to modern society. He doesn't answer prayers, scientists can't find any trace of his influence, and it's like he's playing a global game of hide-and-seek, only if you don't succeed in finding him, he sends you to burn in hell for all of eternity. But remember, he loves you!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 17, 2016, 09:55:57 PM
You try and close the debate with nonsense, start looking at a plan b worst case scenario, my job is not to fight with atheists but to warn them of pending doom.
Noah was a fool up until the rain came.
Since you don't believe in a loving God, open your eyes, the world is preparing for war.
Aren't you just the most knowledgeable sage around?! You just have your hand on the pulse of the  universe, don't you??  Of course you do.

In case you haven't noticed it, but I don't think a loving god, an evil god, or any god exists or existed.  I don't think any god exists.  And your job is to warn us poor blind atheists ??  Who gave you this fun job?  Let me guess--your fictional god!  Of course. 

The world is preparing for war?  My, but you just cannot be fooled can you?!  For the past 2000 years name me a year in which there wasn't a war somewhere in the world.  The world is always preparing for war.  There has always been death, destruction, pestilence, famine and poverty.  Always.  Except that today these is less of it than ever before.  I look around and I don't see doom.  I see a bright future.  And your fictional god will not help; has never helped in the past and won't start now. 

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf link=topic=10368.msg1150944#msg1150944 date=Now he communicates exclusively through a 2000 year old collection of books that are so barbaric, they hold virtually no relevance to modern society. He doesn't answer prayers, scientists can't find any trace of his influence, and it's like he's playing a global game of hide-and-seek, only if you don't succeed in finding him, he sends you to burn in hell for all of eternity. But remember, he loves you!

He loves you. He loves you and he needs your money.

Rip George Carlin.

But to be fair, blackleaf. He also communicates through mold, grilled cheese sandwiches and the likes... The evidence is there!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

freetodecide

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 17, 2016, 11:56:07 PM
Aren't you just the most knowledgeable sage around?! You just have your hand on the pulse of the  universe, don't you??  Of course you do.

In case you haven't noticed it, but I don't think a loving god, an evil god, or any god exists or existed.  I don't think any god exists.  And your job is to warn us poor blind atheists ??  Who gave you this fun job?  Let me guess--your fictional god!  Of course. 

The world is preparing for war?  My, but you just cannot be fooled can you?!  For the past 2000 years name me a year in which there wasn't a war somewhere in the world.  The world is always preparing for war.  There has always been death, destruction, pestilence, famine and poverty.  Always.  Except that today these is less of it than ever before.  I look around and I don't see doom.  I see a bright future.  And your fictional god will not help; has never helped in the past and won't start now.
Your job as an atheist is to demolish the so called messiah myth which has endured 2000 years, the best you can come up with is bugs bunny!

Mike Cl

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 04:52:08 PM
Your job as an atheist is to demolish the so called messiah myth which has endured 2000 years, the best you can come up with is bugs bunny!
My 'job' is not defending my atheism.  I don't care if you accept the way I think or not.  Who hands out these 'jobs' anyway????  And I suggest that Bugs Bunny is as real as your set of fictional characters.  If length of time for a belief to have been around is your measurement of truth,  why are you not a Buddhist?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 04:52:08 PMYour job as an atheist is to demolish the so called messiah myth which has endured 2000 years
Buddha, Vishnu, and Amaterasu would like a word with you.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

freetodecide

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 18, 2016, 06:57:29 PM
Buddha, Vishnu, and Amaterasu would like a word with you.
Nothing beats the best selling bible, not written for everyone of course, but the word comes alive through the spirit so it speaks to the meek and the humble. Atheists that fit this persona and seek truth, my advise will always be, to open and read it.
Paul's journeys are supported by historical evidence and how many Christian's have been prepared to die, rather than renounce their faith. 
Atheism offers knowledge but delivers nothing.

aitm

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 08:19:12 PM
Nothing beats the best selling bible, not written for everyone of course,

Not written for everyone of course….hmmmm…..how interesting. Remember the babble only promises heaven to 144,000. Course they need to be of a certain sect…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Blackleaf

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 08:19:12 PMPaul's journeys are supported by historical evidence and how many Christian's have been prepared to die, rather than renounce their faith.

Yep. That's a characteristic unique to Christians. Mmhm.

https://youtu.be/J3iKLz4oatY?t=14s
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 08:19:12 PM
Paul's journeys are supported by historical evidence and how many Christian's have been prepared to die, rather than renounce their faith.
Do we need to talk about Muhammad? Because it sounds like we need to talk about Muhammad. Allahu akbar. [emoji6]

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: freetodecide on October 18, 2016, 08:19:12 PMNothing beats the best selling bible, not written for everyone of course, but the word comes alive through the spirit so it speaks to the meek and the humble.

"meek"

"humble"

QuoteAtheism offers knowledge but delivers nothing.
If you expect anything out of atheism but a respite from the irrationality of theism, you're barking up the wrong tree.