Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christianity for busy people

Started by pradi, June 26, 2016, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 27, 2016, 09:50:02 PM
Looks like another post-and-run.
I'll take it over the pray-and-stay.  Godspammers at least have the good sense to not try to dispute the inevitable rebuttals.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 27, 2016, 09:45:28 PM
of course they were…..two thousand years before ole jebus had a hard on……yeah..yer a bright one…..holy crap on a cracker. I was going to ban it, but this kind of stupidity deserves more recognition.

But that is exactly what Church apologists were telling pagan polemicists, decades before Constantine.  Or more specifically, it was the Devil who made them do it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Appropriate that he sounds like a used-car salesman, with no return and refund policy.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Duncle

Quote from: Baruch on June 27, 2016, 11:31:32 PM
But that is exactly what Church apologists were telling pagan polemicists, decades before Constantine.  Or more specifically, it was the Devil who made them do it.
Yes...If I remember rightly, early Christians had a real problem explaining the great similarities between Christianity and other religions, especially Mithraism- which was not only a rival creed, but a somewhat older one too. The solution was to say that Satan had sowed these ideas in order to confuse the faithful.

Modern-day Christians are more likely to resort to false archaeological/ historical claims. For example, I've had an online believer claim that Christianity is actually older than Roman Mithraism (demonstrably complete nonsense).