Do We Have A Soul Without A Brain?

Started by Solitary, May 31, 2013, 09:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

As Benny explained quite well, "anarchist society" is a contradiction in terms.

And the second part basically says "sometimes white lies are ok", then? Because that's far more sensical than what you were saying about "saying foolish things can be wise".

Aupmanyav

Yes, Benny and others explained the point excellently.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Plu

"Love" is a hormonal reaction in the brain that can be measured, so it's definately a real thing.

Thumpalumpacus

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
<insert witty aphorism here>

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "jansnyder"I doubt it. I am also not sure about the existence of love, and consider that society is structured around the imaginary idea of love existing, so that there is a sort of conspiracy, that a man who loves his job, is treated better than one who doesnt, and someone who doesnt love his nation or state is considered unenlightened, and there are a whole system of things you have to love in order to be a person in the eyes of normal people. I consider this a near totalitarian oppression in civilization. I think from this love notion people develop the ability to leave logic behind and enter a total fantasy world which is at once provincial and idiotic. From this sentimentalism, people are able to imagine a soul.

I'm guessing  you're childless?
<insert witty aphorism here>