News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The truth about Ramadan

Started by pr126, June 25, 2016, 11:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

So the proper way to live, is to avoid any ascetism?  To have sex, food and drink continuously?  Traditionally, Jews fast at certain times, as do Christians (Lent).

Also if Muslim self description ("we make war" for instance) is valid, then their self description of Ramadan is valid.  Ramadan creates solidarity with the poor ... according to them.  But unlike Buddhist or Hindu fasting, they do get to eat and drink, just not when the sun is up.  To a yogi or sadhu, their ascetism is very light.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jack89

I have no love for Islam, at all, but this is just nitpicking.  I doubt very seriously if gluttony is part of the doctrine, its likely just people taking advantage of loopholes.  There loads of reasons to condemn Islam, but this seems a bit petty. 

Baruch

I don't think proper observation of Thanksgiving or Ramada involve gluttony either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Ramadan is a great way to farm piety every year, which makes it that much easier to usurp the Caliphate and install your dynasty as... oh, er, sorry, I was thinking about Crusader Kings 2 again.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

In that case, stuff yourself until you are spherical?  Is eating or fasting a political statement?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.