News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

AJ+ and their absurd take on Orlando

Started by Cocoa Beware, June 20, 2016, 12:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMccoiAnSx0

You may have noticed that they don't really delve into the details of what happened, most importantly why.

This social justice, anti semitic channel, (AJ+) is owned by the Qatari royal family, where the punishment for being gay is flogging.

They torture people for being gay in the name of Allah, and here they are lecturing you on gay rights after 50 gay people were murdered in the name of Allah.

Baruch

I don't expect any reason to come forth from any royal family.  The notion of royalty itself, is unreasonable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

oh man that was a cringe fest. Uuuurgh..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Yeah, I'd really like to know why the Christian hatred of gays is wrong but why the shockingly common Muslim hatred of gays is not also wrong.  Especially since the latter is generally far more punitive than the former and more likely to be reflected in law.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 20, 2016, 02:18:43 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to know why the Christian hatred of gays is wrong but why the shockingly common Muslim hatred of gays is not also wrong. 

Because 'otherwise' is not even considered and muslims are not people with various opinions. They are just potential terrorists and terrorists.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

It is really just a perceptual problem?  Or are Muslim leaders actually scary people, and their popular support is what empowers that scariness?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

marom1963

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 20, 2016, 03:18:03 PM
Because 'otherwise' is not even considered and muslims are not people with various opinions. They are just potential terrorists and terrorists.
Worse - Muslims are seen as subhuman and disposable.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

marom1963

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on June 20, 2016, 12:34:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMccoiAnSx0

You may have noticed that they don't really delve into the details of what happened, most importantly why.

This social justice, anti semitic channel, (AJ+) is owned by the Qatari royal family, where the punishment for being gay is flogging.

They torture people for being gay in the name of Allah, and here they are lecturing you on gay rights after 50 gay people were murdered in the name of Allah.
I watch AJ. I don't find their news coverage any worse than anybody else's. News coverage is always biased. Always. All things considered, I find AJ a good balance to what we are fed on this side. Put it all together, and you can make a fair - if rather cracked - picture of the World.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

marom1963

Quote from: Baruch on June 20, 2016, 12:58:50 PM
I don't expect any reason to come forth from any royal family.  The notion of royalty itself, is unreasonable.
I support constitutional monarchy in those countries that are lucky enough to have them. It saves on having an elected H of S. A country's ceremonial leader should not be political but should be somebody that all parties can support and be supported by. A country's ceremonial leader should be a constant figurehead whose unchanging identity is unaffected by the vagaries of politics. It's a very nice device for national unity. And an experienced H of S can build up a life-time of knowledge and wisdom w/which to advise the H of G, if, as Margaret Thatcher pointed out, the H of G is wise enough to listen. Tony Blair himself was quickly won over by the Queen and became an ardent monarchist, after a lifetime of somewhat republican leanings. Elizabeth II might look like a cute granny, but she's a very clever and astute woman and will be a great loss to her country when she dies.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: marom1963 on June 20, 2016, 08:22:19 PM

Well, I am trying not to use a blunt expressions to explain the obvious, so many delicate eyes and ears around here. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: marom1963 on June 20, 2016, 08:37:20 PM
I support constitutional monarchy in those countries that are lucky enough to have them. It saves on having an elected H of S. A country's ceremonial leader should not be political but should be somebody that all parties can support and be supported by. A country's ceremonial leader should be a constant figurehead whose unchanging identity is unaffected by the vagaries of politics. It's a very nice device for national unity. And an experienced H of S can build up a life-time of knowledge and wisdom w/which to advise the H of G, if, as Margaret Thatcher pointed out, the H of G is wise enough to listen. Tony Blair himself was quickly won over by the Queen and became an ardent monarchist, after a lifetime of somewhat republican leanings. Elizabeth II might look like a cute granny, but she's a very clever and astute woman and will be a great loss to her country when she dies.

Reasonable ... but the Qataris aren't constitutional.  Also ceremonial monarchies are cultural.  Will the British monarchy be relevant if most of the people in England aren't English?  And I am including French and Polish workers as well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: marom1963 on June 20, 2016, 08:22:19 PM

They are all too human.

We are just a gullible and exploitable species, assailed with harmful, outdated and uncompromising belief systems before we have the capacity to think for ourselves.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: Cocoa Beware on June 21, 2016, 05:00:32 PM
They are all too human.

We are just a gullible and exploitable species, assailed with harmful, outdated and uncompromising belief systems before we have the capacity to think for ourselves.

+1  We monkeys are quite excitable!  Mix in some superstition; justifying our baser desires and prejudices; add in some politics (kinda a superstition too) sprinkle in the automatic weapons and technicals of your choice and it's  :letsparty: 

In fairness the "human" tendancy" to take shit at face value, jump the gun, and commit mob mayhem is certainly not an exclusive Arab/muslim  trait.   

WMD.  Cough, cough, cough!!

marom1963

Quote from: Baruch on June 21, 2016, 07:10:46 AM
Reasonable ... but the Qataris aren't constitutional.  Also ceremonial monarchies are cultural.  Will the British monarchy be relevant if most of the people in England aren't English?  And I am including French and Polish workers as well.
Well, for the time being, the monarchy is riding high - and the British Monarchy has shown itself to be quite adaptable. Time will tell. Besides, William will be the most English King of England since Edward the Confessor - like Edward, he's 1/2 English.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Flanker1Six on June 21, 2016, 06:36:02 PM
+1  We monkeys are quite excitable!  Mix in some superstition; justifying our baser desires and prejudices; add in some politics (kinda a superstition too) sprinkle in the automatic weapons and technicals of your choice and it's  :letsparty: 

In fairness the "human" tendancy" to take shit at face value, jump the gun, and commit mob mayhem is certainly not an exclusive Arab/muslim  trait.   

WMD.  Cough, cough, cough!!

I only wish the response to "Muslims treat homosexuals as subhuman" wasn't "BUT some people consider Muslims subhuman"

It should be "AND some people consider Muslims subhuman" as they are separate issues; both need to be addressed.