News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

need some opinions.

Started by doorknob, June 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Ok here's the deal. I take factory paint off of doll faces and then paint them in my own artistic style.

I want to sell them but I need opinions on whether they are ready or not to be sold.

Please criticize me so I can improve. It doesn't have to be realistic or anything just appealing.

doorknob

doorknob

doorknob

aitm

Nice work, but frankly……they freak the shit outa me!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Dolls freak me the hell out.  I'm more scared of them than most horror monsters.

But I have a resource that may or may not be useful.  It's a beginners' guide for drawing eyes.  I admittedly know nothing of drawing, but it seems like a good idea to boil down an eye to its constituent pieces, trace those shapes, then recreate it piece by piece rather than abstracting the whole eye.

doorknob

yeah I get that a lot. Most people are afraid of dolls. Except doll collectors. creepy I know.

Thanks Hydra!

stromboli

I think they are awesome and ready to be sold. And they are comforting and full of warmth.

gentle_dissident

The eyes need more refinement. Are you going for a loose look for the features and seal?

I'm a fan of this project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG-7e1vaB18

Have you looked at Faceup Stories?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6v9ozzxOAE

doorknob

Yes I've watched many videos and I'm subscribed to Nicolle dreams. I'm trying to imitate andrea but I just can't seem to get the same effects that she does. I use exactly what she has listed for art supplies. I use all high end stuff. Except pastels because I can't get them to stick for some reason. I also try to compare and look at the competition on ebay. The problem is I don't always like a lot of them and they are not going for the same look I'm trying to acheive. I want a softer look. And probably more anime influenced. I also look at ball joint dolls and try to paint what I see there. There are so many shapes of eyes.

doorknob

Honestly some of these pictures aren't doing them justice. I should probably stop using gloss on the eyes because it causes distortion and a lot of glare in the pictures.

TrueStory

Do you have a before picture so we can see the difference?   

Also maybe a different camera or lighting would help.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Draconic Aiur

The dolls need more boobies.

doorknob

here is generally what factory paint looks like. AKA the before pictures.

Sorry DA I don't control how big the boobs are mattel does. These are mattel dolls I just customize them.

KUSA

Quote from: doorknob on June 21, 2016, 06:25:02 PM
here is generally what factory paint looks like. AKA the before pictures.

Sorry DA I don't control how big the boobs are mattel does. These are mattel dolls I just customize them.

Seriously bro, the before pics are better. Maybe you should leave them like they are. Just sayin.