Florida Gay Nightclub Mass Shooting

Started by drunkenshoe, June 12, 2016, 05:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 12, 2016, 01:30:02 PM
Good point. When are people going to smarten up and start understanding that politicians have nothing but the people's best interests at heart? Donald Trump is winning in the polls, but there's nothing scary about that at all. No guns and a leader like the Donald? What could go wrong? It's not like we've had several posters on here comparing him to Hitler or anything... Oh wait. Surely he wouldn't take advantage of people not being able to defend themselves by stripping away their liberties,would he? Nope. Donald is a fine gentleman who cares about his fellow man. Nothing to worry about. Forget about the millions of soldiers who supposedly died for the cause of freedom, who are rolling over in their graves right now. Who cares about them and their silly little sacrifice?
Rednecks with guns aren't going to do jack against an organized army. The fiasco in Oregon proved that yet again.

And before you wig out, I don't favor banning all guns, I own a few myself and I've been an owner and shooter since 1965. But handguns are for killing people. We are heavily over-capacity on that.

I went on a thinning-out recently, we shot a few hundred coyotes over a week's time. Saved a lot of small animals from over-predation, including cats and small dogs.

But a question for the "I eat what I kill!" folks... How come so many hunters shoot other hunters?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

At the first huge social explosions or riots that has the potential of people shooting at each other and kill, Uncle Sam will shove those 'oh-my-so-beloved-contitutional-right!' toys so fast so deep to anyone's ass holding them, the collective memory will remain within the nostalgic memes made of American movie characters.

Oh don't worry, they won't ban guns. They won't need to. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 12, 2016, 01:32:53 PM
Riddle me this: what's your handgun going to do against a tank?

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
What did the Taliban do against the US? It's about having a fighting chance.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 12, 2016, 01:51:59 PM
What is the Taliban going to do against tanks? Win.
Ah, yes, roadside bombs. Which store are you planning to buy some of those from?

Bud, you're an armchair rebel at best. The Taliban's fighters had training, and their leaders had entrenched supply lines thanks to various benefactors. You are not the Taliban.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

Fighting chance? With hand guns against a drone for example?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 12, 2016, 01:59:50 PM
Fighting chance? With hand guns against a drone for example?
It's probably not a good idea to go into war with a handgun.

In a perfect world, I would be ok with banning handguns as long as people get to keep their assault rifles, but because of the potential slippery slope, I don't support the banning of any guns at all.

Shiranu

Florida should, statistically, have a gun for every one in four people... Where the fuck was the good guy with a gun to stop Grimmie from being killed? Were those killed in the club all "bad guys" and not "good guys"?

Fuck Florida, and anyone who is seriously going to continue defending this bullshit by saying guns aren't the issue... you are fucking mental.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 12, 2016, 02:17:09 PM
It's probably not a good idea to go into war with a handgun.

In a perfect world, I would be ok with banning handguns as long as people get to keep their assault rifles, but because of the potential slippery slope, I don't support the banning of any guns at all.
The fear of the slippery slop is killing kids. I guess it must be worth it?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

The Skeletal Atheist

There's a blood drive for the victims going on now. Ironically, I can't donate blood to the probably gay victims because I am gay.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mermaid

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on June 12, 2016, 02:36:00 PM
There's a blood drive for the victims going on now. Ironically, I can't donate blood to the probably gay victims because I am gay.
I am incredulous that this is still happening in our country, a large number of good and healthy donors are automatically disqualified like that. It's so stupid.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on June 12, 2016, 08:43:52 AM
NOW can we ban guns?

Only if the police and military give up theirs ... first ;-)   We need to ban crazy people and criminals too ... that will work out swell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 12, 2016, 02:34:06 PM
The fear of the slippery slop is killing kids. I guess it must be worth it?
Well, it's not just a fear in this case. It is reality. Hillary says gun owners don't have the right to terrorize anti-gun people. She's made up her mind. Gun owners are terrorists and she doesn't think they should have the right to own a gun. She praised mandatory buy backs and says she would like to see that happen in the US if possible. Obama, in his insanity, tried to make it so people on the terrorist watch list could not buy guns. That is completely insane. Anyone can be thrown on that dumb ass terrorist watch list.

Yes, I think it's worth keeping guns, even with the dead kids. Freedom can't exist without some blood. Are you ok with throwing away the sacrifice that millions of soldiers have made? Did they die just to make the rich richer, or did they die for something more than that? You give up the guns, there's a good chance the rest of your liberties are going out the window with the guns, eventually. So what if people wouldn't stand a chance going against the US army in a fight? That's not the point. Guns in the peoples hands serve as an incentive for the government to not just take away all of people's liberties. When bringing up a potential civil war, you have to remember that the US doesn't want to see this happen. Neither the people or the government want a civil war. I think they are determined to take the guns at any cost though, and they will be successful.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 12, 2016, 08:55:21 AM
That would be my preferred method of disarming my cousins.

Do you keep their arms as souveniers?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 12, 2016, 01:28:16 PM
Yeah, the illogical love of guns does seem to cut across all religious or political lines, doesn't it.  And in the post above I was using (or trying to) my great American sarcasm, Shoe.

There are real gun crazies.  Usually they aren't the ones shooting up gay clubs.  All three guns nuts I know, are former cops or military.  Perhaps the reason why that kid who shot up the Black church meeting ... didn't have 100 guns on him, is because it takes a lot of effort to conceal carry that many.  Besides, he only needed one or two.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Nonsensei on June 12, 2016, 09:10:18 AM
By the way, any word on the shooter's motives? I know its a gay night club so the presumption is this is a hate crime against gay people but I like to get all the details.

The shooter is conveniently dead.  And if he was alive, would you trust the self examination of a Manson character?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.