Florida Gay Nightclub Mass Shooting

Started by drunkenshoe, June 12, 2016, 05:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-nightclub-shooting-hostages-taken-by-attacker-a7077671.html

Has anyone heard of this?

QuoteA gunman has reportedly taken several hostages after opening fire at a gay nightclub in Florida. Local police said there were "multiple injuries" at Pulse in Orlando and warned people to stay away from the area. A Facebook post by the club posted at 2am local time (7am UK time) said: "Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running".

Local TV reporter Stewart Moore said "more than 20 people have been shot" with an assault rifle and the man remains barricaded inside the club with hostages.

He said there are fears the shooter may be wearing a bomb and the Orlando Fire Department's bomb squad and hazardous material team are at the scene.

Mr Moore said people are still trapped inside the club with gunshot wounds.

A police dispatcher told Agence France Presse: "There are injuries. I am not sure if there are any deceased at this time".

Witnesses reported seeing the shooter open fire around 2am.

Anthony Torres said on Facebook he "made it out just barely as we started to hear fire being shot" and "people are screaming that people are dead".

He said people were being "loaded up onto stretchers" outside the club.

One witness, Rosie Feba, told the Orlando Sentinel her girlfriend had said someone was shooting but she had assumed it was part of the music at first.

She said: "She told me someone was shooting. Everyone was getting on the floor.

"I told her I didn't think it was real, I thought it was just part of the music, until I saw fire coming out of his gun."

Ms Feba and her girlfriend ran out of the club, helping a man who had been shot on the way out.

The couple were shaken but unhurt.

Another witness, Ricardo J Negron Almodovar, said: "I was there. Shooter opened fire at around 2:00am.

"People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran.

"I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well".

He said the gunman had begun shooting at the ceiling initially because the glass from the lights overhead was falling onto the dancefloor.

One Twitter user tweeted to say he and three others were hiding in a dressing room before later confirming he was "finally out, safe".

PLESSE TELL THE COPS WERE WT PULSE ORLANDO HIDING IN THE DRESSING ROOM THERE WAS A SHOOTING
â€" E (@GoEmili0) 12 June 2016
FOUR OF US STILL HIDING. LIGHTS ARE OFF IN CLUB. COPS ARE HERE BUT HAVNT GOT US YET
Finally out, safe. Thank you everyone for helping
Amateur footage at the scene has recorded the sound of shots being fired outside the club.

Dozens of emergency vehicles are currently surrounding the club.

The motive for the attack is unknown.

A comment under the article: "extremist left culture will soon be the global norm" LOL
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Florida is a nasty place ... the weather is too hot, along with tempers.  Last night a crazed fan shot and killed Ms Grimmie ... a recent contestant on The Voice ... while she was performing in Florida.  Fortunately the shooter turned his gun on himself, and suicided.  There are many things wrong with celebrity culture, Ms Grimmie was a personal favorite of mine, from her time on The Voice, and certainly John Lennon didn't deserve what he got either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

I've got a theory about what heat does to the human mind and why the most irrational and extremist actions committed by people come on mass based on living regions that get nothing but heat all the time.
Florida is one of the hottest regions in america, and the local plant life and swamp gasses I think adds to that frustration of people living their.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/08/can_a_heat_wave_make_you_insane.html

Rumors are now going that the shooter was islamic, but we're have to see. If so though, then the combination of extreme heat and that fucked up religious islamic belief would just add to it all.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 12, 2016, 07:57:31 AM
I've got a theory about what heat does to the human mind and why the most irrational and extremist actions committed by people come on mass based on living regions that get nothing but heat all the time.
Florida is one of the hottest regions in america, and the local plant life and swamp gasses I think adds to that frustration of people living their.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/08/can_a_heat_wave_make_you_insane.html

In the 60s, Black community riots never happened in Winter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on June 12, 2016, 07:57:31 AM
That explains the Middle East. And S.E.A.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

It says up to 20 Dead and 42 injured.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html#comments

Quote'We consider this an act of terrorism': Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 dead at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42

-Heavily armed gunman opened fire inside Pulse gay club in Orlando
-Gunman shot more than 40 people in the attack - killing around 20
-He took people hostage before being shot dead by police officers
-FBI believe he may have leanings towards radical Islamic extremism
-Killings took place less than four miles from where The Voice singer Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live on Friday

A suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun has killed about 20 people after taking party-goers hostage inside a gay nightclub in Orlando.
The gunman was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he opened fire inside Pulse in the early hours of this morning.
Orlando Police Chief John Mina said authorities have not determined the exact number of people killed, but that 'approximately 20' have died. Another 42 people were taken to hospital.
An FBI spokesman said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. He explained authorities are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.
Police said the gunman was believed to be in his 20s was not a local man, and the FBI believe he may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism'.
The killings took place less than four miles from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday.

Party-goers were urged to 'get out and keep running' as bullets started flying at around 2am local time.
Eyewitnesses described the gunman having a bomb strapped to himself when he started shooting today.
At around 6.00 local time (11am GMT) police said on Twitter: 'Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.' Officers described it as a 'mass shooting'. 
One man who said he was inside the club posted that the shooting broke out around 2 a.m. and that he heard about 40 shots being fired.
Police earlier carried out an controlled explosion at 5.15 local time (10.15am GMT today). but it is not yet clear whether that was linked with the gunman's death. 
It was thought that at least one hostage had been locked in a bathroom with gunshot wounds.
Around 100 officers were involved in the hostage situation before the gunman was killed.
During the gunfire, an officer was shot, but he was saved by his helmet.
Local TV reporter Stewart Moore said that more than 20 people had been shot with an assault rifle.
Jon Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club's rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.
Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police.
He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: 'He's coming.'
'The next text said: `He has us, and he's in here with us,'' she said. 'That was the last conversation.'
Ricardo Almodovar was in the nightclub. He said: 'Shooter opened fire at around 2.00am. People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran.
'I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well.' Juan Rivera said on Twitter: 'Never seen so many dead bodies on the floor, God is good that my friends and I didn't get shot'.
Anthony Torres heard people screaming that others in the nightclub were dead.
Rosie Feba was in the club with her girlfriend and described the moment the shooting happened to the Orlando Sentinal.
She said: 'Everyone was getting on the floor.I told her [girlfriend] I didn't think it was real, I thought it was just part of the music, until I saw fire coming out of his gun.'
A police dispatcher described the incident as an 'active shooting'. Officers are advising locals to stay away from the area.
He said: 'There are injuries. I am not sure if there are any deceased at this time.'
'Officers are going in to search the building and to get people out,' the dispatcher said.

The police department posted on their official Twitter account: 'Multiple injuries. Stay away from the area.'
Pulse nightclub said on its Facebook account: 'Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running.'
Dozens of officers and medics are at the scene including Orlando Fire Department's bomb squad and hazardous material team.
Police have not given any further updates on the hostage situation or the gunman.
The shootings have taken place less than four miles away from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead by a gunman at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday 22.45 local time (02.45am GMT Saturday).
The man, identified as 27-year-old Kevin James Loibl, of St Petersburg, Florida was armed with two handguns, ammunition and a hunting knife.
He later killed himself and his motive was unknown.     

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html#ixzz4BMmUhJqG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 12, 2016, 08:55:21 AM
That would be my preferred method of disarming my cousins.

I was pretty sure this would evoke an emotional response from somebody, not wishful thinking. I have 2 elderly sisters I'm thinking of delivering several bottles of Nitrogen to, painted to look like Oxygen tanks. Better make sure there's no fingerprints.....

Nonsensei

Quote from: Atheon on June 12, 2016, 08:43:52 AM
NOW can we ban guns?

Sure, but don't expect it to actually prevent stuff like this from happening.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Nonsensei

By the way, any word on the shooter's motives? I know its a gay night club so the presumption is this is a hate crime against gay people but I like to get all the details.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

stromboli

Based on past examples, it is wide open as to who the perpetrator is. But if it comes back something weird like an outraged sjw who is incensed with the mass violation of conservative fashion, Don't get all up in my face about it.  :biggrin: