Elizabeth Warren Drank The Kool Aid

Started by stromboli, June 09, 2016, 11:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on June 10, 2016, 01:27:17 PM
Bernie promised to endorse Clinton a while back.
Link? I didn't know that last thing I saw of him when that issue came up, he very confidently resisted the idea of endorsing Clinton.

Atheon

It's either Hillary or Trump, and Warren is not going to endorse Trump.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 10, 2016, 01:05:09 PM
The collapse of the democratic and republican parties would be great, but we have a more immediate concern that we're dealing with... the issue of how Trump is very likely going to become our president because of a vote-split.

Warren may be endorsing Hillary now, which I personally feel is the best thing to do... I was going to vote for Hillary anyway if Sanders was booted out... but I see many people frustrated by this and wanting to vote Jill Stein. Some people I see wanting to write in Bernie's name regardless of if he's in as an independent. This will split the votes, causing Trump to have more votes than anyone. And causing a hate-mongerer to be our leader, legitimizing the hate and racism and sexism that already exists in this country.

I'd take a fake-nice Hillary over a confidently hateful Trump any day of the week

There is a reason pride is one of the deadly sins after all, it seems.

There may be elitist revolts at both conventions ... neither Hillary nor Trump might be allowed to run.  Both parties are private, same as the so called Federal Reserve ... they can do anything they like.  So don't count your chickens yet.

And both parties/candidates hate you, not because of your skin color, but because you aren't millionaires shelling out dough for their campaigns.  Soylent hoi polloi.  in that sense, Trump is the more honest one.  But voters love to be lied to, and always pick the best liar.  This is why Athens ... and the US are failed states.  I am just returning the favor by hating them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Turns out Warren has a generally favorable rating overall.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-republicans_us_57586d0de4b0ced23ca6c42f

She would be a good choice for VP based on her ability to confront nasty people like Trump and the Wall Street barons she already took on to get the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau established. One gutsy lady, very smart and very capable. I'd pick her over Bernie. The Dems like her and so do many Republicans, surprisingly.

And she's a country girl from Oklahoma that waited tables in her aunt's restaurant at age 13 to help her family out. Has an extensive academic background and her husband's a rocket scientist. What's not to love?

PickelledEggs

I would love it if Warren was the VP... I'm voting Clinton either way, but if E.W. was there balancing Clinton's bullshit, I'd feel a lot more at peace with what little choice I was left with.

marom1963

It's June. The election is in November. The Democrats need to close ranks. If Bernie Sanders weren't anything but a cranky piece of shit, he'd bow out and endorse Hillary Clinton. It's what has always been done. Hell, the first Bush endorsed Reagan. Johnson endorsed Kennedy. Ted Kennedy endorsed Carter. And let's not forget that Hillary Clinton endorsed Barak Obama. It's called being graceful. It's called not being a sore loser.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Nonsensei

Quote from: marom1963 on June 11, 2016, 09:14:27 AM
It's June. The election is in November. The Democrats need to close ranks. If Bernie Sanders weren't anything but a cranky piece of shit, he'd bow out and endorse Hillary Clinton. It's what has always been done. Hell, the first Bush endorsed Reagan. Johnson endorsed Kennedy. Ted Kennedy endorsed Carter. And let's not forget that Hillary Clinton endorsed Barak Obama. It's called being graceful. It's called not being a sore loser.

Bernie Sander's popularity is partly based on his lack of interest in or respect for "what has always been done". Hes been doing battle with the DNC establishment from day one.

Lets be clear here: Hillary Clinton has 15 million votes to Bernie Sanders' 12 million. Thats not a very encouraging lead. Nearly half of all Democrats who could be bothered to vote wanted nothing to do with her. I've frankly had enough of people suggesting that it is somehow Bernie Sanders' responsibility to ensure Hillary Clinton's general election victory. It isn't. Its Hillary's responsibility. If she wanted to get his endorsement and his supporters' votes then perhaps she should not have been to cavalier with the rules and the general concept of fairness. Perhaps she should not have "pivoted" and begun ignoring him and his 12 million supporters like they didn't matter anymore. She dug her own fucking grave and now she gets to lie in it and its not mine nor sanders nor anyone elses responsibility to ensure she wins against Trump in November.

You seem to actually believe that a possible Trump victory is somehow the fault of Sanders, but it was the revulsion with which nearly half of Democratic voters held Hillary and the establishment she personifies that is responsible for it. Its HER problem that she is so undesirable as a candidate - not our problem for seeing her that way.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

marom1963

Quote from: Nonsensei on June 11, 2016, 09:31:32 AM
Bernie Sander's popularity is partly based on his lack of interest in or respect for "what has always been done". Hes been doing battle with the DNC establishment from day one.

Lets be clear here: Hillary Clinton has 15 million votes to Bernie Sanders' 12 million. Thats not a very encouraging lead. Nearly half of all Democrats who could be bothered to vote wanted nothing to do with her. I've frankly had enough of people suggesting that it is somehow Bernie Sanders' responsibility to ensure Hillary Clinton's general election victory. It isn't. Its Hillary's responsibility. If she wanted to get his endorsement and his supporters' votes then perhaps she should not have been to cavalier with the rules and the general concept of fairness. Perhaps she should not have "pivoted" and begun ignoring him and his 12 million supporters like they didn't matter anymore. She dug her own fucking grave and now she gets to lie in it and its not mine nor sanders nor anyone elses responsibility to ensure she wins against Trump in November.

You seem to actually believe that a possible Trump victory is somehow the fault of Sanders, but it was the revulsion with which nearly half of Democratic voters held Hillary and the establishment she personifies that is responsible for it. Its HER problem that she is so undesirable as a candidate - not our problem for seeing her that way.
Either you're willing to live w/Trump or you're not. It's as simple as that. Clinton is now your only choice. Her arrogance is a moot point. Politics is a dirty business; it's no place for high ideals - never has been, never will be. It's a filthy pit. The Clintons know that. Sanders does not. That makes her more fit for office than him. He would have been a disaster in the White House. A lamb among wolves.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on June 11, 2016, 07:57:09 AM
Turns out Warren has a generally favorable rating overall.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-republicans_us_57586d0de4b0ced23ca6c42f

She would be a good choice for VP based on her ability to confront nasty people like Trump and the Wall Street barons she already took on to get the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau established. One gutsy lady, very smart and very capable. I'd pick her over Bernie. The Dems like her and so do many Republicans, surprisingly.

And she's a country girl from Oklahoma that waited tables in her aunt's restaurant at age 13 to help her family out. Has an extensive academic background and her husband's a rocket scientist. What's not to love?

I am not a litmus test voter, but if I were, I would condemn her for not opposing Hillary's connections to Wall Street.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

Quote from: marom1963 on June 11, 2016, 09:37:04 AM
Either you're willing to live w/Trump or you're not. It's as simple as that. Clinton is now your only choice. Her arrogance is a moot point. Politics is a dirty business; it's no place for high ideals - never has been, never will be. It's a filthy pit. The Clintons know that. Sanders does not. That makes her more fit for office than him. He would have been a disaster in the White House. A lamb among wolves.

If you really think that the degree to which someone is reprehensible is proportional to their fitness for office then you are obligated to support Trump over Clinton.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: marom1963 on June 11, 2016, 09:14:27 AM

Conspiracy theory? ... Bush got the VP, and then tried to kill Reagan.  Johnson got the VP, and did kill Kennedy.  Ted endorsed Jimmy, and then Ted helped get Ronald elected in 1980.  Hillary endorsed Barak, knowing that in 2016, he would have her back.  Barak knew better than to offer her VP ;-)  There are no friends in politics so why bother with endorsements?  IMHO ... nobody's endorsement has ever sways any of my votes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: marom1963 on June 11, 2016, 09:37:04 AM

He may have been the next Carter.  Who was a better man out of office than in.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

marom1963

Quote from: Nonsensei on June 11, 2016, 09:45:50 AM
If you really think that the degree to which someone is reprehensible is proportional to their fitness for office then you are obligated to support Trump over Clinton.
Nonsense. FDR had ideals - but he was able to do business. Lincoln had ideals - and was able to do business. Teddy Roosevelt, the same. Hillary Clinton does have ideals - but she can also roll up her proverbial sleeves and do business. Can Bernie Sanders?
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: marom1963 on June 11, 2016, 09:58:17 AM
Nonsense. FDR had ideals - but he was able to do business. Lincoln had ideals - and was able to do business. Teddy Roosevelt, the same. Hillary Clinton does have ideals - but she can also roll up her proverbial sleeves and do business. Can Bernie Sanders?
Trump has ideals, and he does business for a living.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel