News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Newsroom

Started by Sal1981, March 28, 2013, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

I'm literally less than 3 minutes into it, and I'm positively stunned about this TV series. Aaron Sorkin delivers again.

[youtube:ed26qikp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8ovJYAU3U[/youtube:ed26qikp]

Nonsensei

The show fucking sucks. I loved the west wing and this show is shit. Hey lets spend at least half the show trying as hard as we can to appeal to the General Hospital audience as we delve into the Cold War-esque love life of the main character and his highly accomplished girl-child/woman love interest and when we're done with that we can spend another 15 minutes on the pointless love triangle between young competent guy who sleeps around, over-the-hill at 35 guy who is a corporate asshole except oh wait he isnt really, and clutzy bimbo who has panic attacks or whatever but is somehow invaluable to everyone.

Gotta have that shit in there for the people who are afraid of becoming gay if theres no heterosexual sex in the TV show theyre watching. Must appeal to that crowd at all costs or the ratings will tank.

After that we can cut to the indian guy who is, surprise surprise, a tech nerd with some sort of social disability (and yet still manages to fuck supermodels somehow) right before we get to the part of the show where issues are tackled. Then we enter the surreal world of Arin Sorkin's concept of a "good" news program where some disgruntled republican decries america while paradoxically rolling out a liberal agenda so fucking blue it makes the noon sky look a deep shade of red.

Yeah lets see how ill fitting we can make every single character in this show feel in our mindless quest to create interesting group dynamics.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Sal1981

Quote from: "Nonsensei"The show fucking sucks. I loved the west wing and this show is shit. Hey lets spend at least half the show trying as hard as we can to appeal to the General Hospital audience as we delve into the Cold War-esque love life of the main character and his highly accomplished girl-child/woman love interest and when we're done with that we can spend another 15 minutes on the pointless love triangle between young competent guy who sleeps around, over-the-hill at 35 guy who is a corporate asshole except oh wait he isnt really, and clutzy bimbo who has panic attacks or whatever but is somehow invaluable to everyone.

Gotta have that shit in there for the people who are afraid of becoming gay if theres no heterosexual sex in the TV show theyre watching. Must appeal to that crowd at all costs or the ratings will tank.

After that we can cut to the indian guy who is, surprise surprise, a tech nerd with some sort of social disability (and yet still manages to fuck supermodels somehow) right before we get to the part of the show where issues are tackled. Then we enter the surreal world of Arin Sorkin's concept of a "good" news program where some disgruntled republican decries america while paradoxically rolling out a liberal agenda so fucking blue it makes the noon sky look a deep shade of red.

Yeah lets see how ill fitting we can make every single character in this show feel in our mindless quest to create interesting group dynamics.
... you forgot the alcoholic with non-alcoholic ideals. It's that good!

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "Nonsensei"The show fucking sucks. I loved the west wing and this show is shit. Hey lets spend at least half the show trying as hard as we can to appeal to the General Hospital audience as we delve into the Cold War-esque love life of the main character and his highly accomplished girl-child/woman love interest and when we're done with that we can spend another 15 minutes on the pointless love triangle between young competent guy who sleeps around, over-the-hill at 35 guy who is a corporate asshole except oh wait he isnt really, and clutzy bimbo who has panic attacks or whatever but is somehow invaluable to everyone.

Never miss an episode, eh?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"

Never miss an episode, eh?

No. Each new episode was a chance for the show to pull its head out of its ass and be something other than a sitcom without the com. It never did.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

AllPurposeAtheist

Last sitcom I watched was the Brady Bunch.. my how themes have changed.. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Haven't watched it, but gotdamn if you all don't make it sound fascinatin.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sal1981

Quote from: "aitm"Haven't watched it, but gotdamn if you all don't make it sound fascinatin.
Don't listen to us  :lol:

I'm pretty easy to impress when it gets to flashy intellectually sounding terms and what-have-you being thrown around. I thought the pilot episode was bold.

AllPurposeAtheist

So news isn't part of the show, eh? Why am I not surprised?
I know when I watch news or even read the NYT the only thing I wonder... Are they fucking? :|
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.