News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheistforums.net

Started by Naru, June 08, 2016, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

One site, last twenty-four hours activity on one page. The other, last hour's activity on the first page. Hmmmmm.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Naru

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 23, 2016, 06:15:37 PM
Maybe convince them that it would be good to merge in a way that it's beneficial to them? Money might not need to be involved... in fact... it could work out that they pay us... slim chance, but possible.
That would be nice. But I rather have our staff be in control if we merge. Not sure if the owner will be willing to give up admin rights without a pay out

Nothing was send to the owner yet. Right now it's only talk and no offer will be made until we feel it's a right move. I rather have our community alive instead of killing both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Naru on June 24, 2016, 02:39:45 AM
That would be nice. But I rather have our staff be in control if we merge. Not sure if the owner will be willing to give up admin rights without a pay out

Nothing was send to the owner yet. Right now it's only talk and no offer will be made until we feel it's a right move. I rather have our community alive instead of killing both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ahh. good point

Naru

Ok so here is what is happening. Right now any changes is going on hold for a while. I'm getting laid off on Nov 1st so I won't have the funds to purchase or merge with anyone. As for the future of this site nothing is going to change. The site will live on.

The Skeletal Atheist

I propose we build a firewall between Atheistforums.com and Atheistforums.org and make Atheistforums.org pay for it!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on August 25, 2016, 07:30:06 PM
I propose we build a firewall between Atheistforums.com abd Atheistforums.org and make Atheistforums.org pay for it!
Their site is full of trolls and spammers and 4chan hackers, and some - I assume - are good people.

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Naru

trdsf

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on August 25, 2016, 07:30:06 PM
I propose we build a firewall between Atheistforums.com and Atheistforums.org and make Atheistforums.org pay for it!

*snrk!*  Can we have a [Funny] button as well as the [Like] button?  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 09, 2016, 03:07:32 PM
I find the size of this crowd cozy like a hot tub.

I just imagined all of our avatars in a hottub.

It was awfull. It was a freak-/sausagefest.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

SGOS

Quote from: Naru on June 08, 2016, 08:37:44 PM
Just for people don't get confuse when trying to visit us I purchase atheistforums.net and going to have it redirect to the site. I will update when this is down. Atheistforums.org is taken already and will try to see if I can bid to get that name as well. Too many Atheistforums and we need to own all of those names.

There is some confusion.  I lost my bookmark one time, and googled atheistforums, and at first, ended up someplace else.  But it was easy enough to find this forum again without that much work.  I don't know if the other forums with similar names capture people that might end up here, but I don't care.  Sounds like they also capture more trolls.  I know that increasing membership appeals to some members here, and some members have started discussions on dos and don'ts for increasing participation, but I'm still OK with this place as is.  But it's your money, and if this is important to you, then good luck with it.  I just think there are better ways to spend your money.

Forums for atheism are not internet magnets.  Not that many people have a sincere interest in learning about atheism.  I decided to snoop some other forums the other day and noticed the forum over at about.com seems to have died.  And we almost died a while back.  But a bigger membership may or may not prevent that.

randomvim

why desire to own all 3?
how do you promote this site?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SGOS

Quote from: randomvim on September 11, 2016, 12:54:02 PM
why desire to own all 3?

We want a monopoly so we can control the Internet.

Naru

Quote from: randomvim on September 11, 2016, 12:54:02 PM
why desire to own all 3?
how do you promote this site?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Make it easier for people to find this site. Also if people use the .com .org or .net it will lead to the same site. This will improve traffic to the site.

Tiberius

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 09, 2016, 09:58:06 AM
Yea, I don't think .org management is going to be interested in selling out any time soon. As has already been said that site is a lot more active than this one these days.Many of the members here are members there including Wolf. Plus Tibs was part of this place way back when, and there was some kind of falling out which is why he started the .org site. But you never can tell. Tibs isn't much more active over there these days than Reggie was here before the management change here.

Someone linked to this thread over at atheistforums.org so I thought I'd swing by and comment. The above statement is inaccurate. I was never a big part of this place. I think I had an account with a few posts maybe 6-7 years ago, but I've long since forgotten the username / password. The "falling out" actually happened on a previous forum I was an admin of, atheistforum.com (no 's'). As far as I'm concerned there's no ill feelings between myself and the management of this place. Just wanted to make that clear.

Anyway, we're not interested in selling either. You guys have your corner of the Internet, we have ours. Some people are members of both and seem to appreciate the differences in the communities.