News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheistforums.net

Started by Naru, June 08, 2016, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naru

Just for people don't get confuse when trying to visit us I purchase atheistforums.net and going to have it redirect to the site. I will update when this is down. Atheistforums.org is taken already and will try to see if I can bid to get that name as well. Too many Atheistforums and we need to own all of those names.

PickelledEggs

Draconic Aiur

.com, . org, and . net, combined:

stromboli

So are we building an atheist empire or the thousand year Reich?

PopeyesPappy

Yea, I don't think .org management is going to be interested in selling out any time soon. As has already been said that site is a lot more active than this one these days.Many of the members here are members there including Wolf. Plus Tibs was part of this place way back when, and there was some kind of falling out which is why he started the .org site. But you never can tell. Tibs isn't much more active over there these days than Reggie was here before the management change here.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 09, 2016, 09:58:06 AM
Yea, I don't think .org management is going to be interested in selling out any time soon. As has already been said that site is a lot more active than this one these days.Many of the members here are members there including Wolf. Plus Tibs was part of this place way back when, and there was some kind of falling out which is why he started the .org site. But you never can tell. Tibs isn't much more active over there these days than Reggie was here before the management change here.

I  was familiar with Infidelguy before I came here, but Reggie was a non entity since I've been here, 6+ years. I found this site by accident. It may be the .org dude is willing to do a Reggie and divest, but whatever. I personally don't see the need, but I'm not a tech person.

Naru

I would love to buy .org out and merge with that community. It may cost alot to convince them

gentle_dissident

I find the size of this crowd cozy like a hot tub.

Johan

Quote from: Naru on June 09, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
I would love to buy .org out and merge with that community. It may cost alot to convince them
Everyone has their price so all it takes is money. Mostly likely LOTS of it in this case but yeah. Offer the owner a cool $240,000,000 and I'm sure you'll have a deal before the end of the day. :wink:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

I've contributed my share to keep the forum running, if this turns into a fundraiser, count me out. We might have to change Naru's status to "emperor".

Naru

Quote from: stromboli on June 09, 2016, 11:42:41 PM
I've contributed my share to keep the forum running, if this turns into a fundraiser, count me out. We might have to change Naru's status to "emperor".
.  You have nothing to worry about. This is coming out of my own pocket.

widdershins

I checked out the .ORG site.  There were a lot of posts.  It was scary.

I'm pretty anti-social by nature, and my brain simply will not relate names and faces to any of the "identity" information my brain stores about them unless I REALLY get to know them.  I know a person by what they've posted in the past, not by their name or avatar, usually.  It makes it...uncomfortable when someone brings up a conversation from the past and I realize who it is I'm talking to.  So a bigger forum scares me.
This sentence is a lie...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Naru on June 09, 2016, 02:59:25 PM
Maybe convince them that it would be good to merge in a way that it's beneficial to them? Money might not need to be involved... in fact... it could work out that they pay us... slim chance, but possible.