News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Great Commission

Started by stromboli, June 07, 2016, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

QuoteMatthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 9:37-38
37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly [is] plenteous, but the labourers [are] few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

for those who have never been a Christian, these are the verses that put missionaries on your doorstep and gives (to them) carte blanche to interrupt your day and be obnoxious assholes just to get Jesus in your life.

They have in those verses and others of a similar nature not only permission but a mandate to spread their shit bollocks crap sputum gospel on humanity.

See? They have permission from god. You don't stand a chance. Carry on.

Baruch

Correct.  But also the Great Commandment ... to love one another.  This is frequently in conflict with the Great Commission.

Buddhists were the original missionaries.  Historically, Jews aren't missionaries, except to Jews who have lapsed.  Hindus do the same but only in India.  Christians were the second missionaries ... and Muslims are the third.  I accept the Great Commandment, but not the Great Commission.  Doesn't solve the problem of defining love however ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

21CIconoclast

stromboli,

This is also one of the verses that promote the Trinity, and when a pseudo-christian tries to explain this farce, they are looked upon as being a member of an insane asylum.

I invite all divisions of Christianity in for coffee when they knock on my door. It takes about 20 minutes for them to realize what they've stepped into, therefore, they can't get
to the door fast enough to leave. Unfortunately, I must be on a list now where the pseudo-christian is NOT to visit me anymore.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

stromboli

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on June 07, 2016, 12:56:24 PM

stromboli,

This is also one of the verses that promote the Trinity, and when a pseudo-christian tries to explain this farce, they are looked upon as being a member of an insane asylum.

I invite all divisions of Christianity in for coffee when they knock on my door. It takes about 20 minutes for them to realize what they've stepped into, therefore, they can't get
to the door fast enough to leave. Unfortunately, I must be on a list now where the pseudo-christian is NOT to visit me anymore.

Good for you. I personally wouldn't waste the coffee. And I'm on the don't visit list for Mormon missionaries.

Flanker1Six

I either don't answer the door, or in the event I commit a grave tactical error (and answer the door); as soon as I realize what they're there for, I say, "Thanks for stopping by today, but I'm not interested" and close the door in their mugs.  I've gotten a lot of hurt puppy dog looks, but I remind myself that for agnostics; while there's no reward in the afterlife for being good...........................there's no punishment for being wicked either! 

doorknob

I live in an apartment that you need a key fob to get inside of. That seems to deter them.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Baruch on June 07, 2016, 12:52:48 PM
Doesn't solve the problem of defining love however ;-)
Love is easy to define and hard to practice. Love is understanding.

Baruch

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 07, 2016, 05:12:30 PM
Love is easy to define and hard to practice. Love is understanding.

Empathy maybe ... not understanding.  I understand too much, and it hurts ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

gentle_dissident

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.