News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Compliment or insult?

Started by Mr.Obvious, June 02, 2016, 01:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

In the end I played a different role. It's really ridiculous.
We had a vote in which everyone could vote for everyone's part, saying before the vote that we'd accept any outcome.
We had the outcome. The girls didn't like their outcome. And one of the other guys really wanted to play the pedophile, though I was voted for the part.
Huge discussion errupts. We have another vote.
Same outcome.
Same discussion. The girls end up switching after much debate and the guy keeps asking if he can't play the pedophile as it's the most challenging role according to him and he never gets to when we work with a director. I said fine.

Gotta admitt, he did it swell. Very swell.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

If they had suggested you for a hero role, would you now be asking yourself "why"? 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2016, 06:34:25 AM
If they had suggested you for a hero role, would you now be asking yourself "why"?

Yeah. I would. Glen or Matthew make far better heroes than me.
They are more handsome, for one. Which, as far as heroes in most stories in theatre plays go, counts.
And they are no worse actors than me.

onyx

As you said yourself, the pedophile part is the most intriguing and has the most depth. So maybe your friends simply see you as someone intriguing who has depth.

Sorginak

It is a role. It is not as though you are an actual pedophile.

Besides, are theatre nerds capable of bullying?

Mr.Obvious

We changed roles after voting twice and coming up with the same results. (Me as the pedophile.)
Matthew however really wanted to play that part as he doesn't usually get the biggest roles.
He said he wasn't bothered if he had to play the other part, but couldn't let it go either. I told him he'd make a marvelous pedophile and we switched roles.
He did a great job. Though part of me now wished I was the one to play it. :D

And @Sorginak : Bullying? Not really, but our ego's are so inflated they don't take much to get bruised.

hrdlr110

If there is anybody on the planet that this should be obvious to, well......you'll never attain the title of Captain obvious at this rate.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

hrdlr110

But officer, i was just role playing for a part i have in an
upcoming production.
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Deidre32

I can see why you're conflicted. lol But, I'd take it as a compliment if the part is complex and requires a good actor to make it work. But, there are actors we see who are always cast for the criminal role in movies, or the psychopath etc. You have me wondering if this bothers them at all. Hmmm. lol
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Cavebear

Quote from: Deidre32 on July 31, 2017, 08:34:54 PM
I can see why you're conflicted. lol But, I'd take it as a compliment if the part is complex and requires a good actor to make it work. But, there are actors we see who are always cast for the criminal role in movies, or the psychopath etc. You have me wondering if this bothers them at all. Hmmm. lol

From what I have read about actors, some cherish a role that is easy to maintain (think Edward G Robinson) and some go absolutely bonkers trying to escape them,  (think Leonard Nimoy).  Not everyone can be Hamlet one day and some goofy comedy sidekick the next.

Hydra009

Quote from: Deidre32 on July 31, 2017, 08:34:54 PMBut, there are actors we see who are always cast for the criminal role in movies, or the psychopath etc. You have me wondering if this bothers them at all.
Imho, actors tend to be way more into villainous roles.  Whenever I see a good character become evil, they almost always give a much more interesting performance.  Maybe it's because villainous characters are typically written to be less complicated, less moody, more passionate, more ambitious, and more determined.  It must be fun for an actor to really let loose, kick some dogs, and instill some fear in the main cast.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 07, 2017, 04:21:25 PM
For some weird reason, this thread reminds me of this news bit:

Robert Pattinson refused to perform sex act with dog for new film

There are some things I actually do not want to know about.  That may be one.