News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus--a man of peace?

Started by Mike Cl, May 30, 2016, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 06, 2016, 07:13:23 AM
That is a start.  If the G-d we seek ...................
Yes, that is the start.  I don't seek god or any god.  Once upon a time I did.  Not any more.  If there is a god out there, then he/she/it will have to make itself manifest in my life.  Otherwise god is a fiction.  All that I see, all that I know, suggests that god is not real, but a fiction--on every level.  For me that absence is proof there is no god. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on June 06, 2016, 06:43:49 AM
A god as my creation, is as cruel as I am ;-(  And have I ever said I worship?  Again, too many stereotypes.

No, not you. Didn't say that. Didn't imply that. No stereotypes. It just makes no sense to worship a deity that is cruel.
A god as your creation? OK. I am a creationist. I believe that man created god.   ;-)))
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on June 06, 2016, 10:02:29 AM
No, not you. Didn't say that. Didn't imply that. No stereotypes. It just makes no sense to worship a deity that is cruel.
A god as your creation? OK. I am a creationist. I believe that man created god.   ;-)))

Consider dialectic however ... a relationship can be symmetrical even if unequal.  It isn't just one directional.  Yes indeed, all people are creationists, but we aren't all Creationists.  This is why upper/lower case letters were invented.  And in a sense, the potential isn't real, because it isn't actual.  But isn't that just a metaphysical prejudice?  But without potentiality, there wouldn't be any actuality .. or reality.  In most secular contexts, the potentiality is called "one's nature".  As a human being, I can do many things, potentially.  But I won't actually do all of them.  So then is my unrealized nature ... an unreality?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 06, 2016, 12:08:30 AM
I agree. It's hard to see in our current state on a global level.

I have witnessed it on a smaller scale though as have others with me.

It's hard to see based on he actions of man.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Isn't funny how the creatures who are created in God's image are the greatest evidence against God's infinitely good nature?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 06, 2016, 06:51:17 PM
Consider dialectic however ... a relationship can be symmetrical even if unequal.  It isn't just one directional.  Yes indeed, all people are creationists, but we aren't all Creationists.  This is why upper/lower case letters were invented.  And in a sense, the potential isn't real, because it isn't actual.  But isn't that just a metaphysical prejudice?  But without potentiality, there wouldn't be any actuality .. or reality.  In most secular contexts, the potentiality is called "one's nature".  As a human being, I can do many things, potentially.  But I won't actually do all of them.  So then is my unrealized nature ... an unreality?
Nope--just an unused reality.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 06, 2016, 07:16:02 PM
Isn't funny how the creatures who are created in God's image are the greatest evidence against God's infinitely good nature?
Think of the substance used

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

21CIconoclast

popsthebuilder,

What was the "substance" used to create animals by your Hebrew Christian God, Yahweh?  More dust, maybe another rib from the male specie of a certain "kind" of animal?  Whats the latest spin on this, and do you know what kind of "dust" is your ancestor?

Oh, forgot, I have an orange bridge for sale in San Francisco, are you interested? Its a great money maker, and I'll give you good terms!

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

marom1963

It's better that we're made out of dust than made from preceding primates ... Somehow dust is better than primates ... That makes good sense. I like dust. It tells me how long it's been since I did any housekeeping.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...