News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus--a man of peace?

Started by Mike Cl, May 30, 2016, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 12:56:04 PM
That's ridiculous given you nothing of what I believe.

quotes the babble, quotes jebus, quotes the OT……claims we no nothing of his beliefs…..sure….and he says we are the ones misinterpreting the babble.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Pipu.Diiding

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 01:54:23 PM
quotes the babble, quotes jebus, quotes the OT……claims we no nothing of his beliefs…..sure….and he says we are the ones misinterpreting the babble.

There are many instances people discover religion to religion only to realize there's no God hanging out in the clouds. Constantine probably was talking about Cheeses and not Jesus at that time and the people misunderstood him.
We must question the logic of having an all-knowing/powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Pipu.Diiding on June 05, 2016, 01:56:25 PM
There are many instances people discover religion to religion only to realize there's no God hanging out in the clouds. Constantine probably was talking about Cheeses and not Jesus at that time and the people misunderstood him.
You are from Singapore.  Yet, your command of the language and the way you phrase things often crack me up!  'Cheeses and not Jesus........' :)))))))))))))))))))))))) Love it.  I hope I did not give you the wrong impression by the question I asked if English was your second language.  You have a strong command of the language and how to use humor that is the hallmark of English being your first language.  In fact, I've often read people who only knew English, and they don't turn a phrase as well as you do. :) (Including myself all too often)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Pipu.Diiding

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 02:05:35 PM
You are from Singapore.  Yet, your command of the language and the way you phrase things often crack me up!  'Cheeses and not Jesus........' :)))))))))))))))))))))))) Love it.  I hope I did not give you the wrong impression by the question I asked if English was your second language.  You have a strong command of the language and how to use humor that is the hallmark of English being your first language.  In fact, I've often read people who only knew English, and they don't turn a phrase as well as you do. :) (Including myself all too often)

No worries. I didn't feel offended at all. :)
We must question the logic of having an all-knowing/powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 05, 2016, 01:39:31 PM
So, you don't believe in a god and follow a religion?
I believe there is a GOD.

I don't follow any one religion though, or organized religion in general for that matter.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 02:35:46 PM
I believe there is a GOD.

I don't follow any one religion
I rest my case.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 01:50:57 PM
Not that I want to quibble, but when you say your 'faith' that means the core of what you think is right is not probable to anybody but you.  So, yes, you are blinded by your faith--that is what faith means--you don't need anything in the way of proof to think something is right.  That works for you, I guess, but leaves me cold. 

If you have read some of the material that did not make the bible, then you must realize that jesus is a fiction and was crafted into the jesus that appears in the bible.  Why would the gospel of mary, or the secret gospel of mark--or any other of the 85+ gospels that were floating out there--be left out???  The answer is very easy to see--because it suited the political purposes of those that crafted that collection of writings.
How is my faith or what I believe not probable for any other, especially when all religious texts I have read so far seem to, at least coincide with it? Remember; my personal faith wasn't derived from indoctrination or reading of scripture in any way.

And I don't doubt for one second that the writings chosen for the canon bible were chosen for reasons other than them being solely of the right influence alone.

It is obvious to all, (or should be), that the early Catholic church was responsible for much deception and many atrocities, so yeah, it's safe to say they had ulterior motives, at least in part, or higher up.

Pipu.Diiding

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 03:04:47 PM
How is my faith or what I believe not probable for any other, especially when all religious texts I have read so far seem to, at least coincide with it? Remember; my personal faith wasn't derived from indoctrination or reading of scripture in any way.

One thing all religion agrees on, no matter how many gods people acknowledge, there I always only one Devil.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Pipu.Diiding on June 05, 2016, 03:07:35 PM
One thing all religion agrees on, no matter how many gods people acknowledge, there I always only one Devil.
There are two directions. They are both within each of us.

Peace

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 03:16:26 PM
There are two directions. They are both within each of us.

Peace

That's interesting.  I find I agree.  But I would say that no person is good; or bad.  Every aspect of a person could be measured on a sliding scale.  One end is 'good' the other is 'bad'.  I would suggest that in each and every instance for each and every act or thought, that slider goes up and down.  All of us measure at a different level for each act or thought; and each and every time we do that act or thought.  None are all good or all bad, but a collection of differing measurements on that scale. 

The above has nothing to do with god.  It is simply how we are constructed and what we learn from our societies.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 04:15:37 PM
That's interesting.  I find I agree.  But I would say that no person is good; or bad.  Every aspect of a person could be measured on a sliding scale.  One end is 'good' the other is 'bad'.  I would suggest that in each and every instance for each and every act or thought, that slider goes up and down.  All of us measure at a different level for each act or thought; and each and every time we do that act or thought.  None are all good or all bad, but a collection of differing measurements on that scale. 

The above has nothing to do with god.  It is simply how we are constructed and what we learn from our societies.
You assert that it has nothing to do with GOD. That doesn't make it so. I assert that the very laws that bind all existence are of GOD, so to me, we are too.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 04:24:19 PM
You assert that it has nothing to do with GOD. That doesn't make it so. I assert that the very laws that bind all existence are of GOD, so to me, we are too.

So, of course you see it that way.  Your faith demands it.  You see god at every turn.  I see god nowhere.  I have never once seen anything from god--nothing.  And I understand that that lack of evidence as evidence against there being a god.  Put another way--I see as much evidence for Santa, The Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and Faires as I do for any god.  And you cannot prove to me that The Tooth Fairy does not exist.   

Pipu.Diiding

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 04:24:19 PM

I don't think it's God.
I believe it's our conscience that tells us which is wrong or right, and it is ourselves who decides whether to do the right thing or not.

Everyone has a conscience. Even those villagers who has never heard of God has it and they could still live harmoniously. So where is God present there? If God is present there, why do they not recognize God?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Pipu.Diiding on June 05, 2016, 04:35:17 PM
I don't think it's God.
I believe it's our conscience that tells us which is wrong or right, and it is ourselves who decides whether to do the right thing or not.

Everyone has a conscience. Even those villagers who has never heard of God has it and they could still live harmoniously. So where is God present there? If God is present there, why do they not recognize God?
I agree.  But where do you think our conscience comes from??

Pipu.Diiding

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 04:38:42 PM
I agree.  But where do you think our conscience comes from??

It's as simple as, if I cut myself and I feel pain, why would I cut others? Unless I'm angry, of course.