17 y/o YouTuber faces years in jail for insulting Islam and Christianity

Started by wolf39us, May 28, 2016, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

The YouTuber AmosYee is facing charges for speaking his mind in Singapore!  I've watched this guys channel go up 1,000 subscribers in a matter of ten min.  His channel is growing explosively and so is his message. 

AmosYees Channel

#FreeAmosYee

stromboli

This is sad. It is shameful that he lives in an environment where free speech can be shut down by the authorities. I hope the right people can intervene on his behalf.

SGOS

Yep, free speech is not available in every country.  Although, I'm a bit surprised in this case.  I didn't think Christianity or Islam was that important to the government in Singapore.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 28, 2016, 08:10:38 AM
Yep, free speech is not available in every country.  Although, I'm a bit surprised in this case.  I didn't think Christianity or Islam was that important to the government in Singapore.

Singapore is the result of Chinese ruling over non-Chinese (Malays).  I would expect in the future, Americans will be caned for inappropriately disposing of their gum, like they do in Singapore.  And no free speech ... the public should be made to pay ... and appropriately propagandized on all levels ... like we already do and are ... only by WASPs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.