I'm sorry... But there's no nice way to say this.

Started by noneHalos, March 27, 2013, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

I could not get passed the first 20 seconds. Same shit dressed up in pop culture, same bad arguments same circular reasoning "my bible said".

All I have to say to this fuck wad is YOU DON'T HAVE  A VAGINA!

Secondly, unless YOU dip shit are willing to raise all the unwanted kids yourself, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

This idiot cares more about what a woman does with her own body than the harm that happens all the time to kids after they are born.

"Aren't you happy your mother didn't have an abortion" stupid fucking argument.

DUH, but what if Hitler's mother had had one?

God believers of all labels think of life as a script and a utopia when it is not. Life is a crap shoot, not a political label or a religion. And unless you are the one having to make that life choice EITHER WAY, to keep the baby or have an abortion, SHUT THE FUCK UP!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Lolilla

This guy is so damn stupid it's almost funny.
Really great point: "Most people do not accept that abortion is forbidden in the Bible."
Yeah, ok. SO WHAT??

How stupid can one be, seriously?
"I recently read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, which ignited my interest in a scientific, mathematical version of the world. No, I'm not religious. At all. I'm an atheist." Matt Smith

NitzWalsh

Why was this guy ever born?

His arguments only work if you take the bible as true and pick and choose commandments. When the bible says stuff that's wrong, I don't believe it. It has nothing to do with how explicit it states it. The bible doesn't make provisions for abortions, but it does for rape. Instead of allowing the victim of rape the choice to have an abortion if she doesn't want to give birth to her rapists child, we should force her to marry him and have all his children.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

GurrenLagann

As far as I know, the Bible says nothing about forbidding abortions. On a side note, it unambiguously supports polygamy all throughout the Old Testament, and I can't recall any repudiation in the New Testament.
Which means that to me the offer of certainty, the offer of complete security, the offer of an impermeable faith that can\'t give way, is the offer of something not worth having.
[...]
Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty & wisdom, will come to you that way.
-Christopher Hitchens

the_antithesis

The bible said yo momma.

billhilly

This guy has a whole series of videos on various subjects.  It's the right's effort to appeal to the "hip" people I guess..................

bennyboy

"You probably refuse to see that. . ."

This guy seems to think that people are carefully going through scripture and denying it all the way.  Sounds like a lot of work to me.
Insanity is the only sensible response to the universe.  The sane are just making stuff up.

NitzWalsh

Sounds like a fun project. I think the skeptics annotated bible already did that.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Thackerie

Quote from: "Lolilla"This guy is so damn stupid it's almost funny.
Really great point: "Most people do not accept that abortion is forbidden in the Bible."
Yeah, ok. SO WHAT??

WHERE, precisely, is abortion forbidden in the Bible? I don't think it is. I think the anti-choicers have to do a lot of bending and twisting to construe any specific verse(s) as being an admonition about abortion.

Colanth

I've heard some of them 'interpret' Jeremiah 1:5 (Before I formed you in the womb I knew you) as a prohibition against abortion.

The only actual mention of a fetus being killed is Deuteronomy 25:11, and it says that the fetus is the property of the husband.  The Bible doesn't hold fetuses or children (or women) in any special regard.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jason78

Quote from: "Thackerie"WHERE, precisely, is abortion forbidden in the Bible? I don't think it is. I think the anti-choicers have to do a lot of bending and twisting to construe any specific verse(s) as being an admonition about abortion.

It doesn't specifically mention abortion in the bible.  It does however mention how happy it makes the LORD to see little children dashed against rocks.  And how do deal with unruly children (You get them stoned).

So, in conclusion, Christians believe you should abort your children after they are born rather than before.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Brian37

Quote from: "Lolilla"This guy is so damn stupid it's almost funny.
Yeah, ok. SO WHAT??

And since common law is secular and not based on religion once again SHUT THE FUCK UP!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

His buybull also thinks women came from a mans rib. The whole story loses all credibility in the first few chapters..  *yawn*
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

The bible (which one?) is so ambiguous it can be used for any opinion, but not for facts. I have used it to support my atheist posts with believers. "I find both prophet and priest profane." for example. There is a very good reason for the terms zygote and fetus, because that's what they are. Even if abortion was wrong, or not to be done according to the bible, and illegal, does anyone think it would stop it from being done? War is wrong, and yet the bible thumpers glorify it.

Another case of pick and choose. Why is religion or the bible seen to be the authority on morality anyway? Their past record for 6,000 years of recorded history, and even now, show they don't have a clue what is morally right. They can't even get the very simple, "Do not to others what you would not want done to you!" I mean, how much brain power does it take to figure that one out? Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.