News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yes, they are that crazy.

Started by trdsf, May 26, 2016, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

Yes I find it hard to believe that Trump suddenly gives a crap about what is appropriate.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hydra009

Trump's eagerness then refusal paints a picture of a guy whose bravado is matched only by his cowardice.  Who can't be trusted to follow through.  This embarrassing debacle is just a taste of what this guy would be like as president.  Imagine him dealing with international crises and war.  It'd be a nightmare.

Trump:  "I'd love to debate Bernie Sanders.  It'd be a dream.  We can raise $10 million or $15 million for charity, which would be a very appropriate amount. I understand the television business very well."

Sanders:  "Game on."

Trump:  Uhh...well, I just realized that uhh I left the oven on...and uhh...*runs*

What a chump.

marom1963

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 28, 2016, 11:46:40 AM
Trump's eagerness then refusal paints a picture of a guy whose bravado is matched only by his cowardice.  Who can't be trusted to follow through.  This embarrassing debacle is just a taste of what this guy would be like as president.  Imagine him dealing with international crises and war.  It'd be a nightmare.

Trump:  "I'd love to debate Bernie Sanders.  It'd be a dream.  We can raise $10 million or $15 million for charity, which would be a very appropriate amount. I understand the television business very well."

Sanders:  "Game on."

Trump:  Uhh...well, I just realized that uhh I left the oven on...and uhh...*runs*

What a chump.
I don't think that Trump's a coward by any measure. I think that his advisors made him realize that it would inappropriate. Understand, it's not as though I'm a fan of Trump, but to have him - or anybody - unfairly maligned is unacceptable.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Hydra009

If not cowardice, then a poorly considered offer.  Either way, you don't offer then retract without a hit to your (already bad) reputation.

marom1963

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 28, 2016, 12:48:12 PM
If not cowardice, then a poorly considered offer.  Either way, you don't offer then retract without a hit to your (already bad) reputation.
Well, yes, his reputation is bad - he knows that - so why worry about it? Trump has never worried about that.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Baruch

Quote from: marom1963 on May 28, 2016, 12:20:59 PM
I don't think that Trump's a coward by any measure. I think that his advisors made him realize that it would inappropriate. Understand, it's not as though I'm a fan of Trump, but to have him - or anybody - unfairly maligned is unacceptable.

Nero's advisers told him it was inappropriate for a Roman emperor to appear on a private stage, let alone a public one, to perform his own The Voice.  He simply had them banished or killed if he didn't like their advice.  Hillary is like Messalina though, look her up, if you dare.  Hail Obama, we who are about to die in the ME salute you!  Lots of emperors came to grief in the ME, then and now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

marom1963

Quote from: Baruch on May 28, 2016, 02:08:16 PM
Nero's advisers told him it was inappropriate for a Roman emperor to appear on a private stage, let alone a public one, to perform his own The Voice.  He simply had them banished or killed if he didn't like their advice.  Hillary is like Messalina though, look her up, if you dare.  Hail Obama, we who are about to die in the ME salute you!  Lots of emperors came to grief in the ME, then and now.
Trump's already lived longer than Nero ever did w/o having to commit suicide.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Baruch

Quote from: marom1963 on May 28, 2016, 02:10:34 PM
Trump's already lived longer than Nero ever did w/o having to commit suicide.

Some posters here are like Nero's "fans".  Trump perhaps sings better ;-)  I was studying Nero this past month, and it came to me, that what he really wanted to be was the lead singer for KISS ... but he was born in the wrong place and time.  Like a woman born in a man's body, only worse.  Nero's singing career and sexuality were like that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

marom1963

Quote from: Baruch on May 28, 2016, 02:18:07 PM
Some posters here are like Nero's "fans".  Trump perhaps sings better ;-)  I was studying Nero this past month, and it came to me, that what he really wanted to be was the lead singer for KISS ... but he was born in the wrong place and time.  Like a woman born in a man's body, only worse.  Nero's singing career and sexuality were like that.
Perhaps Nero was driven mad by the lead that they used deliberately to put in wine to made it taste better. Apparently, lead it quite tasty when added to wine.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Flanker1Six

Quote from: Baruch on May 28, 2016, 02:18:07 PM
Some posters here are like Nero's "fans".  Trump perhaps sings better ;-)  I was studying Nero this past month, and it came to me, that what he really wanted to be was the lead singer for KISS ...

LOL!   

I was watching Chump s Memorial Day address today; once again I was amazed that ANYONE could even remotely be enamored with the people pleasin', snake oil salesman, 8th grade horse shit the guy runs.  Our military is losin, our economy is losin' our politicians are losin blah, blah, blah.  When I'm President were gonna win sssoooo much; you'll call me to say it's embarrassing, and to not win ssssoooo much!  We're gonna make America great again!  And the crowd goes wild!!!!   They did too.   LOL!     

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 27, 2016, 02:31:59 PM
Whoa there.  Just because the Republicans have been out for blood doesn't mean the Clintons haven't made some pretty major mistakes.

Bill was on national TV saying "I've never had sexual relations with that woman" and pondering what the meaning of the word is is.  I liked his policies, but his personal conduct left a lot to be desired.  And we all know Hillary's dirty laundry.  Granted, it's nothing compared to what went down during the Bush administration, but goddamn, we really need less scandal-prone leadership.  Especially going against a slimeball like Trump.

There's a big difference between 'made some mistakes' and the level of assault the Clintons have been under.  I mean, you compare "I never had sexual relations with that woman" with the kinds of whoppers Nixon and his staff told during Watergate (which I am old enough to remember).  And yes, of course, the monumental lies told by Dubya to get us into a war we didn't need to be in.  Afghanistan, yes.  Iraq, no.  I'll take the Clinton scale of wrongdoing over the average Republican scale any day you name.

At least when a Democrat has a scandal, only one person gets fucked, and it's usually with her consent.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 27, 2016, 03:49:33 PM
If it were impossible for him to win I might agree, but it isnt. Its unlikely, but not impossible. If he kicks her ass in California he could end up with more delegates than her, at which point the superdelegates would be hard pressed not to change their votes to him.
Yeah, but it's going to take a complete blowout in CA.  I don't see that on the cards, but I will be delighted if it happens.  Bernie is my preference, but I have no general objection to Hillary if it comes to it.  As in 2008, I am definitely satisfied with all the choices on my side of the aisle.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 27, 2016, 05:09:45 PM
Something the Libertarian said on TV the other night made some sense to me.  They are the only other party on all ballots already.  They could act as a siphon on the Reps who just cannot vote Trump and will not vote for Hillary.  That could be enough to water down Trump's votes.
I believe Johnson already has a suit going to be included in the national debates, since he's qualified on all the state ballots, and when he's included in the polling, seems to be running around 11%.  I have no doubt in my mind that his presence would gut Trump's potential vote.  Wouldn't do Hillary any favors either, but it would hurt Trump a lot more.

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on May 29, 2016, 07:50:15 PM
I believe Johnson already has a suit going to be included in the national debates, since he's qualified on all the state ballots, and when he's included in the polling, seems to be running around 11%.  I have no doubt in my mind that his presence would gut Trump's potential vote.  Wouldn't do Hillary any favors either, but it would hurt Trump a lot more.
It is interesting in that both candidates are so disliked.  But the hard core Rep must be just close to vomiting, thinking of their choices.  The libertarian party gives them a sort of face-saving out.  Some real hard core Bernie people may vote libertarian party rather than Hillary.  But they should number less than the anti-Trump people.  I like the idea.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on May 29, 2016, 07:43:13 PM
At least when a Democrat has a scandal, only one person gets fucked, and it's usually with her consent.

After it became apparent that Saddam had nothing to do with 9-11 and no weapons of mass destruction were found, I heard someone quip, "When Clinton lied, no one died."  I suppose it was a popular bumper sticker or it went viral on the internet or something, so everyone has probably heard it.