Conclusive proof that Jesus was NOT divine

Started by reasonist, May 10, 2016, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 25, 2016, 01:18:54 PM
Does anyone else see the irony in Mike repeatedly posting this in every thread?

No, not every--basically just yours.  I was hoping you would put me on ignore that way I would not have to worry about you snooping on my posts. :)))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 25, 2016, 10:10:07 AM

Simply look at Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (as well as Paul's letters) for what they are: historically reliable accounts of some events
LOLOLOL

QuoteWell, that a guy named Jesus got crucified and according to his disciples he came back to life three days later?

Yeah, and the dead came to life and walked all through town but no one mentioned it and a third of the stars fell to the earth and rocks cracked open and the sun stopped.....yeah....LOLOL

AANNNNDDDDD THAT ALL FOLKS!! THATS WHAT DANDY RANDY CALLS RELIABLE!! THE WHOLE GOTDAMN BABBLE IS RELIABLE. LOLOL

and they wonder why we work so hard to keep that ignorant blather out of schools...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

reasonist

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 25, 2016, 01:43:18 PM
Unsourced? Why am I not surprised?

Is there any chance you could provide the bibliographical data when you quote someone.

I do.

No point. You reject the truth no matter what we post. Here it is:
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

Much of the OT and NT fables come from Babylonian mythology. Clay fragments that have been translated by the finest translators from Sumerian, Akkadian and Cuneiform, show us lots of borrowed myth by the christians and before by the Jews. My translation is from Andrew George, He is a professor of Akkadian and Sumerian language at the University of London School of Oriental and African studies where he is also a Professor of Babylonian and Assyriology.

Anything from the flood story to Noah (Atram-hasis) to the ark, the animals, garden of eden (paradise), man made of clay etc. etc. was written long before Yahweh was invented. These are archeological artifacts from ca. 3,500 years ago. Translated and re-translated and always the same result.
They are tangible, displayed artifacts pre dating your sun god by 1,500 years.

Now you got some resource info, go and learn.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 25, 2016, 02:25:17 PM
No point. You reject the truth no matter what we post. Here it is:
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

Much of the OT and NT fables come from Babylonian mythology. Clay fragments that have been translated by the finest translators from Sumerian, Akkadian and Cuneiform, show us lots of borrowed myth by the christians and before by the Jews. My translation is from Andrew George, He is a professor of Akkadian and Sumerian language at the University of London School of Oriental and African studies where he is also a Professor of Babylonian and Assyriology.

Anything from the flood story to Noah (Atram-hasis) to the ark, the animals, garden of eden (paradise), man made of clay etc. etc. was written long before Yahweh was invented. These are archeological artifacts from ca. 3,500 years ago. Translated and re-translated and always the same result.
They are tangible, displayed artifacts pre dating your sun god by 1,500 years.

Now you got some resource info, go and learn.

OMG. No wonder you didn't want to give that out.

Have you read what Bart Ehrman wrote about Archaya S. (aka D.M. Murdock) in Did Jesus Exist? It was devastating stuff.

Or what atheist Tim O'Neill wrote online? He calls her ideas "New Age imaginings" and more here:

QuoteThe Mythicist theories fall into four main categories:

1. "Jesus was an amalgam of earlier pagan myths, brought together into a mythic figure of a god-man and savior of a kind found in many cults of the time."
This is the explanation offered by the New Age writer who calls herself "Acharya S" in a series of self-published books beginning with The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold(1999).  Working from late nineteenth and early twentieth century theosophist claims, which exaggerate parallels between the Jesus stories and pagan myths, she makes the typical New Age logical leap from "similarity" to "parallel" and finally to "connection" and "causation".  Leaving aside the fact that many of these "parallels" are highly strained, with any miraculous conception or birth story becoming a "virgin birth" or anything to do with a death or a tree becoming a "crucifixion" (even if virginity or a cross is not involved in either), it is very hard to make the final leap from "parallel" to "causation".

This is particularly hard because of the masses of evidence that the first followers of the Jesus sect were devout Jewsâ€"a group for whom the idea of adopting anything "pagan" would have been utterly horrific.  These were people who cut their hair short because long hair was associated with pagan, Hellenistic culture or who shunned gymnasia and theaters because of their association with pagan culture.  All the evidence actually shows that the earliest Jesus sect went through a tumultuous period in its first years trying to accommodate non-Jews into their devoutly Jewish group.  To claim that these people would merrily adopt myths of Horus and Attis and Dionysius and then amalgamate them into a story about a pagan/Jewish hybrid Messiah (who didn't exist) and then turn around and forget he didn't exist and claim he did and that he did so just a few decades earlier is clearly a nonsense hypothesis.

Heh...I've already learned - from atheist scholars - that people like Acharya S. are a waste of the "little grey cells."
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

reasonist

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 25, 2016, 02:32:23 PM
OMG. No wonder you didn't want to give that out.

Have you read what Bart Ehrman wrote about Archaya S. (aka D.M. Murdock) in Did Jesus Exist? It was devastating stuff.

Or what atheist Tim O'Neill wrote online? He calls her ideas "New Age imaginings" and more here:

Heh...I've already learned - from atheist scholars - that people like Acharya S. are a waste of the "little grey cells."

Well, you keep the tradition of your blood cult: you practice deception.
I have no idea who Acharya S. is, but that is YOUR baby, not mine.

The point is as obvious as can be for everyone to see:

I bring provable (readable and translateable), touchable, tangible evidence, that pre-dates your deity by 1,500 years and you in return "QUOTE" more apologists and whoever agrees with your point of view. You even give apologists a bad name.
Voltaire

reasonist

Here is the best link, with pictures and location of the artifacts. Even the 'flood' tablet is pictured.

http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/classes/econ355/choi/bab.htm

Maybe Randy Carson has a spark of independent thought and reads some real history. Let's see.
Voltaire

Baruch

Real history consists in multiple sources from multiple competing cultures/factions.  What is left after they cancel each other out, might not amount to much, but it is probably close to the boring truth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on May 25, 2016, 07:38:15 PM
Real history consists in multiple sources from multiple competing cultures/factions.  What is left after they cancel each other out, might not amount to much, but it is probably close to the boring truth.

Tough to beat real artifacts with writing on them that predate christianity by a couple of thousand years and tell you the same stories. How does one argue a touchable, displayed artifact away? Something that invalidates the claim that the good books are divinely inspired? These artifacts are readable for everybody who is interested. How can anyone claim that the flood story for example is the word of the jewish/christian god, when the same story was told millennia before? Common sense can answer that quickly.
Voltaire

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 25, 2016, 08:00:04 PM
Tough to beat real artifacts with writing on them that predate christianity by a couple of thousand years and tell you the same stories. How does one argue a touchable, displayed artifact away? Something that invalidates the claim that the good books are divinely inspired? These artifacts are readable for everybody who is interested. How can anyone claim that the flood story for example is the word of the jewish/christian god, when the same story was told millennia before? Common sense can answer that quickly.

The evidence is that Jerusalem was just a bandit hideout until the time of King Hezekiah, when all the Israelite refugees moved south to escape the Assyrians.  Biblical archeology only used archeology, when it works for them.  Dishonest as hell.  Interestingly, that other very important city, Rome, was just a bandit hideout until the Republic started, 250 years after its founding.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: reasonist on May 25, 2016, 08:00:04 PM

Come, come, you silly man.  Those false archaeological artifacts are just part of Satan's Scheme.  He planted them there to lead you astray. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: reasonist on May 25, 2016, 02:41:13 PM

I bring provable (readable and translateable), touchable, tangible evidence, that pre-dates your deity by 1,500 years and you in return "QUOTE" more apologists and whoever agrees with your point of view. You even give apologists a bad name.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: apologetics are for the believers, not the unbelievers. Apologetics are there to give an excuse for the believer to short circuit the good sense that their god supposedly gave them, in favor of ginned up tales that are obvious myths to everyone else. It's there to keep them from the horror of realizing that they have wasted their precious time on this earth. Then again, they hold their time on this earth in such contempt that it's criminal.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

marom1963

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on May 25, 2016, 09:09:40 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: apologetics are for the believers, not the unbelievers. Apologetics are there to give an excuse for the believer to short circuit the good sense that their god supposedly gave them, in favor of ginned up tales that are obvious myths to everyone else. It's there to keep them from the horror of realizing that they have wasted their precious time on this earth. Then again, they hold their time on this earth in such contempt that it's criminal.
That's beautiful!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 25, 2016, 02:41:13 PM
Well, you keep the tradition of your blood cult: you practice deception.
I have no idea who Acharya S. is, but that is YOUR baby, not mine.

Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 26, 2016, 02:23:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFJVLSCdy8Y

Constantine might not have invented Catholicism out of whole cloth, but may have modified an older Flavian messiah cult (Josephus said Vespasian was the avenging Messiah, but his son Titus actually destroyed Jerusalem).  Even Cyrus, king of Persia, is called messiah in the OT, but then the Torah was put together by people beholden to the Persians.  I was impressed by this interview, some time ago, and was "called by G-d" to find it and share it.  I don't need a priest sir.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.