News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I need someone to talk to or something

Started by Jannabear, May 26, 2016, 08:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

I don't know what to do anymore, my agoraphobia is terrible, my depression is terrible, I'm losing weight, I can't contact my friends, and I just feel like fucking eating a bullet.
Counselors don't help, some jackass who's payed to pretend to give a shit about me who I share nothing in common with.
I don't know what to do.

marom1963

Quote from: Jannabear on May 26, 2016, 08:39:16 AM
I don't know what to do anymore, my agoraphobia is terrible, my depression is terrible, I'm losing weight, I can't contact my friends, and I just feel like fucking eating a bullet.
Counselors don't help, some jackass who's payed to pretend to give a shit about me who I share nothing in common with.
I don't know what to do.
See a psychiatrist, who can prescribe an antidepressant.
If necessary, check yourself into Crisis. You'll see a psychiatrist there.
An antidepressant - after the several weeks it takes to get into your system - WILL make you feel better.
You might also need a mood stabilizer. Topamax did wonders for me, as has Abilify. (Topamax will cut your appetite, so perhaps it's not for you.) (Zoloft, the antidepressant, does make you pick up weight, so perhaps that's the one for you.)
Good Luck!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Jannabear on May 26, 2016, 08:39:16 AM

Counselors are not needed to share anything in common with you. They are NOT your friends. They are NOT supposed to be your friends. They do not need to agree with you on anything either. Neither offer you some 'help' you need to 'approve of' or 'like'.

Having said that you are not in a position to get counseling alone. You have way passed that. You need to see an MD. And as marom said, you need to get anti-depressants for a period of time and rest AND THEN get counseling when you are ready.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Counselors' jobs aren't to sympathize with you, they are there to understand what your issue is and get you to realize the root of the problem, so you can work through it. They aren't there to console you. What you need is what marom and shoe is saying. A good psychiatrist... If you have any friends you can talk to and give you comfort, I would highly suggest that too.

widdershins

I really wish I had some advice to give you.  You're a very angry person who feels cheated, subjugated and marginalized by the people you know, the world, even life itself.  You focus so much on being angry at this issue or that issue that you don't leave yourself any room for positive emotions.  Those aren't issues some jackoff on the Internet can help you with.  Those aren't issues your best friend could likely help you with.  You've lost control and fallen into a serious slump and, at this point, it's likely that only modern chemistry and psychology can help you out of it.  Someone to talk to might offer some very minimal, very temporary reprieve, but that's it.  Only you can fix you, but doing that is not so simplistic that you can do it on your own with a self-help book or with the help of an amateur psychologist on a forum.

Short term, if you find yourself getting upset watching the news or reading an article, turn it off.  The world won't change whether you know all the facts or not.  Try to do something you enjoy every day.  Something which does NOT involved "fighting the good fight".  Set aside a good chunk of time for it.  At least half an hour.  If it doesn't give you at least some pleasure, clear your mind and try again.  And get help.  REAL help.  Not your friends, not us, real, professional help.  If you don't you're going to become another one of those statistics that upset you so much.
This sentence is a lie...

Flanker1Six

Quote from: marom1963 on May 26, 2016, 10:14:49 AM
See a psychiatrist, who can prescribe an antidepressant.
If necessary, check yourself into Crisis. You'll see a psychiatrist there.
An antidepressant - after the several weeks it takes to get into your system - WILL make you feel better.
You might also need a mood stabilizer. Topamax did wonders for me, as has Abilify. (Topamax will cut your appetite, so perhaps it's not for you.) (Zoloft, the antidepressant, does make you pick up weight, so perhaps that's the one for you.)
Good Luck!

Good advice; please act on it now, if you haven't already!