Bill Nye's Solution For Defeating Bad Ideas

Started by FaithIsFilth, May 20, 2016, 04:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdlr110

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 20, 2016, 04:46:49 AM
Should climate change skeptics be jailed? "We'll see", says Billy Nye. What a shame. Turns out Bill is more Nazi than liberal. Watch the first minute of the video and ignore the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch

I'm pretty sure he's not referring to those that deny climate change is real, but rather, those in industry and politics that weild the weapons of power & influence.
Common folk can safely choose sides where the only consequence is being ostracized by fellow humans for holding an outdated, incoherent, and just outright wrong belief system.
Bill is on the right side of this, which ironically is to the left!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

chill98

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 22, 2016, 03:46:43 PM

Are you a cunt and proud of it? You certainly seem that way.

ah, emotionally immature (if not a child) and adhd. 

Must be a bummer to be you; though I imagine the above is just a short list of your deficiencies.

Mike Cl

Quote from: chill98 on May 22, 2016, 09:08:53 PM

Must be a bummer to be you; though I imagine the above is just a short list of your deficiencies.
My, don't you sound positively xian--full of judgments and finger pointing. But that's not childish.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: chill98 on May 22, 2016, 09:08:53 PM

Emotional immaturity is saying "lol u a fag" I am not saying that. I am saying I would very calmly and politely beat the respect my fellow forum members and myself deserve into your dense skull were you not protected by the anonymity of the Internet.

You can take your high and mighty views somewhere else, or you can continue to show everyone here you're that much of a cunt, a word I shall refer to you as. Because you are nothing save for a negative and irritating source.

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

chill98

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 22, 2016, 10:42:05 PM
My, don't you sound positively xian--full of judgments and finger pointing. But that's not childish.
My, don't you sound a bit limited in life experience.

You should research the topic better and see where the childish/finger pointing cascades from.

chill98

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 22, 2016, 11:23:36 PM
Emotional immaturity is saying "lol u a fag" I am not saying that. I am saying I would very calmly and politely beat the respect my fellow forum members and myself deserve into your dense skull were you not protected by the anonymity of the Internet.

Great. Now add violent tendencies/anonymous threats to the list of deficiencies.  You are oh so very brave from a distance!

Respect is earned.
Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 22, 2016, 11:23:36 PM
You can take your high and mighty views somewhere else, or you can continue to show everyone here you're that much of a cunt, a word I shall refer to you as. Because you are nothing save for a negative and irritating source.
Ah, puppies and kittens is more your style!

You could choose to stay out of the grown up areas if you can't participate in mature conversations; and you can't [participate] likely due to those aforementioned deficiencies...

Was it nature or nurture that sent you on such a spiral? 

Regardless, blame mommy and daddy for your issues, not the rest of the world.

Mike Cl

Quote from: chill98 on May 23, 2016, 05:52:24 PM
My, don't you sound a bit limited in life experience.

You should research the topic better and see where the childish/finger pointing cascades from.
Okay, Chill, I'll bow out...............you two children carry on.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: chill98 on May 22, 2016, 09:01:11 AM
Nye does not respond to this question rather he deflects, poorly I might add, to Enron (an example of someone breaking actual laws) and cigarette manufactures (of which, none went to jail).
That's the thing. These people are not actually breaking laws. The scientific consensus is clear that man made climate change is happening, yet so many politicians refuse to do anything about it. David Suzuki suggests maybe jailing the politicians who refuse to do anything about it, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 24, 2016, 02:12:36 PM
That's the thing. These people are not actually breaking laws. The scientific consensus is clear that man made climate change is happening, yet so many politicians refuse to do anything about it. David Suzuki suggests maybe jailing the politicians who refuse to do anything about it, but that's obviously not going to happen.

If you commit a little crime, you might get punished.  If you commit a big crime, you might get elected ;-(  The government is where the law breakers write the laws in their own favor.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Baruch on May 24, 2016, 07:40:53 PM
If you commit a little crime, you might get punished.  If you commit a big crime, you might get elected ;-(  The government is where the law breakers write the laws in their own favor.
Thank you for saying what the government knows I'm thinking.

chill98

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 24, 2016, 02:12:36 PM
You're throwing a bunch of things together that do not align well. 

1.  These people are not  breaking laws. 
2. The scientific consensus is clear that man-made climate change is happening.
3. Many politicians refuse to do anything about it
4. Suzuki suggests jailing politicians
5. Thats not going to happen.

I guess the main point is these people are not breaking laws so they shouldn't go to jail.   That was the question posed to Nye.  Well part of the question. The other part was:

Quote from: transcribed contentdo you think some of the rhetoric on your side, as I'm sure both sides, do you think some of the rhetoric on your side gets too carried away..

I think the obvious answer is yes. The rhetoric gets too carried away.