One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: marom1963 on May 26, 2016, 08:37:41 AM
Fine.
If it's so personal, how, then, can it be shared?
I don't mind sharing too much. I don't generally, because I don't care to center conversation around myself and my testimony is generally regarded by atheists as delusion or mental breakdown. If you are interested I will explain it to my ability. Just let me know.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 26, 2016, 09:20:29 AM
You know the funny thing about personal revelation? It's not measurable, it's not quantifiable, it can't be observed, and it can't be manipulated. It is, scientifically, no more than speculation, fiction.

And about that faith--real faith, not the "atheist faith" you're trying to push on us. Jesus said that someone with the tiniest amount of faith could move mountains. Why don't we ever see these magic tricks now?
He didn't say the tiniest Faith.

I've been told my Faith is strong. But I know in my heart that it isn't of the level that the Christ was referring to.
Past that I cannot answer your question. I wouldn't take mountain to be literal though. More as an insurmountable obstacle.

Peace 

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on May 26, 2016, 07:58:19 AM
Don't buy it. You openly lie anyway, nobody believes your blathering bullshit.,
Not selling anything.

What have I lied about since you want to accuse me of such?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: reasonist on May 26, 2016, 07:59:00 AM
Both our resident deceivers ignored a simple challenge. If they are not the same poster, they surely have the same m.o. Every time a fact cannot be shrugged away with the bible, it is ignored. The transparency is highly entertaining.

" As soon as you tell us how you come to the conclusion that Zeus and Mithra are not real, we can use your method to prove your god is not real either."

Simple enough you would think.
Look back at my posts over the last 24 hours. What questions of mine have been answered?

If that was directed towards me.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 26, 2016, 09:38:19 AM
Pops--You say you use critical thinking, logic, and empirical evidence for your sole basis of knowledge. Commendable.

Mike--Thanks.

Pops--You say my Faith in GOD isn't similar to your belief that GOD does not exist. Yet neither can be proven empirically.
Mike--I don't have a belief that god does not exist.  I know god(s) do not exist.  I don't have any beliefs--I suppose you keep saying I have beliefs to piss me off, eh???

Pops--If we use logic we can hypothesize about the existence of GOD or the lack there of. I'm only going to use one example.
Mike--Actually, nobody can construct a hypothesis about god(s), because that means it would be testable.  And your 'hypothesis' cannot be tested.  You are simply making a guess. 

Pops--Absolutely everything within observable existence can be explained using math. From the tiniest iota to the largest masses. Our DNA, nature, energy, galactic plotting, sound, literally everything is mathematically structured in one way or another.
Mike---Hmm....don't know that I would agree with that premise.  But if you think that, then god(s) must be explainable by math, since you insist you have observed him.

pops--Using logic and critical thinking, is it more feasible that all existence, being mathematically decipherable, is the product of intelligent design?
Or is it more logical to assume that though all is mathematically decipherable, it happened by some grand happenstance?
Mike--Grand happenstance??? No.  Design???  No.  Intelligence driven?  No.  You are viewing the result of the development of this universe as it is now from the vantage point of hindsight.  The universe and all within it, developed through physical laws.  Are those laws are math driven (I suppose)--intelligence driven does not equate to natural law driven.  Any specific point or place, though conforming to the physical laws that drives its creation, did not have to look exactly like our Earth does, or our solar system (look at all the thousands of solar systems we now know of--none looks exactly like ours), or anything else we know of.  For example, if I were to step out into a rain storm, I will be rained on.  And I will be hit by a first drop of water--from hindsight it would appear that that specific drop was predestined to he me.  Not so--it was simply happenstance.  Drops would hit me, but which ones in particular is purely chance and not driven by intelligent design. 

pops--Damned illogical, gullible theists and their nonsense right?
Mike--Pops, that just about sums it up--you are correct.

Pops--Peace friend
Mike--Namaste

Pops--Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Mike--Lets make this world a better place, one human at a time.
There is no coincidence. And you avoided my question.

Peace

reasonist

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
Look back at my posts over the last 24 hours. What questions of mine have been answered?

If that was directed towards me.

That means the apologist has been stumped.

Truth in Faithless Unity for Good
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

popsthebuilder

Quote from: reasonist on May 26, 2016, 11:32:48 AM
That means the apologist has been stumped.
Zeus and mythra?

These are but names assigned to aspects that people understood to be real on some inner level. As I have stated; names for GOD are the product of man. Most often used to divide, subjugate, discriminate, and control others.

They are just names. Descriptors.

You won't here me tell you that there are no other gods. Just that all are subsidiary to the One Creator GOD. Different times and cultures have always added to the characteristics or attributes or likenesses of their perceivable God. For this reason; unbiased opened minded investigation should be employed by any honesty curious.

I let it be known when I'm stumped.

I didn't think you where serious is all.

Peace

reasonist

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 11:42:56 AM
Zeus and mythra?

These are but names assigned to aspects that people understood to be real on some inner level. As I have stated; names for GOD are the product of man. Most often used to divide, subjugate, discriminate, and control others.

Thank you! Now you have the answer why we don't buy into your cult. It's the same motive for thousands of years. Yours is just the latest sun god, it will go by the wayside as well.

Voltaire

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 11:24:22 AM
There is no coincidence. And you avoided my question.

Peace

I avoided your question?  My bad.  What, exactly is that question?

And that is all there is--coincidence; happenstance; chance.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: reasonist on May 26, 2016, 09:32:22 AM
Personal revelation= schizophrenia

When you first understood, as an individual, that you could pick the boogers out of your nose ... that was schizoid?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: Baruch on May 26, 2016, 01:14:45 PM
When you first understood, as an individual, that you could pick the boogers out of your nose ... that was schizoid?

Only if my boogers would talk to me and I worship them.
Voltaire

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 26, 2016, 12:05:48 PM
I avoided your question?  My bad.  What, exactly is that question?

And that is all there is--coincidence; happenstance; chance.
Using logic and critical thinking, is it more feasible that all existence, being mathematically decipherable, is the product of intelligent design?

Or is it more logical to assume that though all is mathematically decipherable, it happened by some grand happenstance?

Also, coincidence is also absolutely unprovable, yet here we see you have faith in that too.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: reasonist on May 26, 2016, 11:55:30 AM
Thank you! Now you have the answer why we don't buy into your cult. It's the same motive for thousands of years. Yours is just the latest sun god, it will go by the wayside as well.

Nonsense.

My motives are of no negative thing whatsoever.
Least of which is any personal attainment in this existence or whatever may lie afterward.

Nor is the direction of any man truly striving to abide by the will of GOD.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: reasonist on May 26, 2016, 11:55:30 AM

I was looking for no answer regarding such.

I know well why I was an atheist for over 20 years, and my reasons, being my own, are quite adequate.

If that was your reasoning then why did I have to write it for you to admit it?

21CIconoclast

Quote from: popsthebuilder on May 26, 2016, 01:45:21 PM
Nonsense.

My motives are of no negative thing whatsoever.
Least of which is any personal attainment in this existence or whatever may lie afterward.

Nor is the direction of any man truly striving to abide by the will of GOD.

popsthebuilder,

Is there a reason that you're not addressing my refutation to you in showing that you're an ignorant pseudo-christian relative to your bible? Are you embarrassed like Randy Carson, therefore, being silent upon your ignorance is better than trying in vain to address it?  You're a dime-a-dozen pseudo-christian that knows deep down that when you cannot defend your faith, it proves that you're embarrassed about it!

Randy Carson and you are two peas in a pod! LOL

Just in case you want to try, the post you're RUNNING AWAY from is Reply #338 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:56 PM, in this thread.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”