One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2016, 04:24:26 PM
I see, so this is you version of 'a chicken shit way to crawfish out'.
What am I backing out of exactly? I asked you a question. You said you wouldn't be bothered to explain even though your have logic and evidence on your side. I stated that if that is indeed the case that I would have no choice but to agree given said logic and evidence are what you claim them to be. You then say I'm lazy and stupid.

We're did I back out?

Confused

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Johan

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 03:18:31 PM
Only a fool would take such things literally.
Yeah I used to think the same thing.
QuoteYou shall not lie with a male as with a woman
But then a bunch of 'believers' decided to try to make laws based on this one which would apply to everyone regardless of whether they believe or not. Now I'm sure you will call these people believers instead of fools. So I guess you'll have to forgive me if I choose to call them assholes.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Johan on June 05, 2016, 06:02:15 PM
Yeah I used to think the same thing. But then a bunch of 'believers' decided to try to make laws based on this one which would apply to everyone regardless of whether they believe or not. Now I'm sure you will call these people believers instead of fools. So I guess you'll have to forgive me if I choose to call them assholes.
I can't speak for others or the validity of the laws of man. And yes I may call them fools too as being a "believer" says nothing for ones intellect, or their ability to think for themselves and not follow the herd just because that's what the rest are doing.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 04:19:48 PM

You are manipulating the texts. Not someone else in this case

When the babble says, 'go and take the young women who have not known a man and keep them for yourself" it pretty much says exactly what it says.
When the babble says, "and a third of the stars fell to the earth" you suggest it is merely metaphorical
When the babble says, "and on the third day he arose"…..why that shit be mother fucking letter for letter mother fucking FACT jack.

and you wonder why we think you're a twit.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2016, 06:25:50 PM
When the babble says, 'go and take the young women who have not known a man and keep them for yourself" it pretty much says exactly what it says.
When the babble says, "and a third of the stars fell to the earth" you suggest it is merely metaphorical
When the babble says, "and on the third day he arose"…..why that shit be mother fucking letter for letter mother fucking FACT jack.

and you wonder why we think you're a twit.
You really aren't worth my time evidently as I never stated any of those things and your grand assumption makes you seem like a grand ass.

Try asking what someone believes instead of asserting it based on what you think it should be.

I would be offended if you had the slightest idea of what were talking about.

I apologize for being rude in like kind; but those are really baseless assertions.

Peace

Johan

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 09:20:59 PM
You really aren't worth my time evidently as I never stated any of those things and your grand assumption makes you seem like a grand ass.

Try asking what someone believes instead of asserting it based on what you think it should be.

I would be offended if you had the slightest idea of what were talking about.

I apologize for being rude in like kind; but those are really baseless assertions.

Peace

When a person comes here and proclaims to be a believer (as you have), it is not unreasonable at all to assume they ascribe to and follow and otherwise believe in the writings of the bible. If you do not, bully for you. But if that's the case, please know that you are far and away the exception rather than anything remotely resembling the rule. IOW don't be so quick to get all snippy because the atheists you came to spare off with say some things that don't necessarily apply to you in particular. 
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Johan on June 05, 2016, 09:56:42 PM
When a person comes here and proclaims to be a believer (as you have), it is not unreasonable at all to assume they ascribe to and follow and otherwise believe in the writings of the bible. If you do not, bully for you. But if that's the case, please know that you are far and away the exception rather than anything remotely resembling the rule. IOW don't be so quick to get all snippy because the atheists you came to spare off with say some things that don't necessarily apply to you in particular.
Good point. And much of the bible resonates with me on an inner most level.

I too find myself stereotyping people at times, but when I catch it I own up to it and attempt to keep it in mind as to learn from my mistake and attempt to not make it again.

Hydra009

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 05, 2016, 10:37:36 PMAnd much of the bible resonates with me on an inner most level.
They make bible sex toys?

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

doorknob