One Question, One Response (aka - Stump the Apologist)

Started by Randy Carson, May 14, 2016, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Carson

Quote from: leo on May 15, 2016, 09:40:14 AM
What's the speed of Chuck Norris roundhouse kick ?

Sufficiently fast to do considerable harm to the person on the receiving end of one. More than this I do not know.

Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

stromboli

Exodus is fiction
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/staks-rosch/the-biblical-exodus-story-is-fiction_b_1408123.html

http://www.exitmundi.nl/bible/web-content/mos_exodus.html

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

https://thechurchoftruth.org/95-2/

Answers in Genesis the best you can do? Exodus is a pivotal story in the bible. When you have a record keeping people like the Egyptians who make no note of seven plagues, concurrent deaths, 600,000 Jewish elders with their families (2 million minimum) up and walking out of town and wandering for 40 years in a specific area and leaving no concurrent evidence, that doesn't bode well.

You can also add that archaeology supports the fact that Judaism started out as a polytheistic religion that became monotheistic after the Babylonian captivity.

Answers in Genesis, aka Ken Ham, also purports the Noah myth as true. Good luck with that.

reasonist

Quote from: stromboli on May 15, 2016, 09:56:09 AM
Answers in Genesis, aka Ken Ham, also purports the Noah myth as true. Good luck with that.

:agreenod:

Yep, the same story was written a few times over since 3,000 B.C.E.  It is all there to see as FACT, clay tablets, stone carvings, papyrus etc. etc. but Yahweh found it necessary to steal the story and make it his own. Dumb and dumber...
and the sheep buy into it to comfort themselves. Awww, by all means, don't let FACTS get in the way of a good STORY.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Randy Carson

Exodus is fiction
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/staks-rosch/the-biblical-exodus-story-is-fiction_b_1408123.html

http://www.exitmundi.nl/bible/web-content/mos_exodus.html

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

https://thechurchoftruth.org/95-2/

Answers in Genesis the best you can do? Exodus is a pivotal story in the bible. When you have a record keeping people like the Egyptians who make no note of seven plagues, concurrent deaths, 600,000 Jewish elders with their families (2 million minimum) up and walking out of town and wandering for 40 years in a specific area and leaving no concurrent evidence, that doesn't bode well.

You can also add that archaeology supports the fact that Judaism started out as a polytheistic religion that became monotheistic after the Babylonian captivity.

I'm not advocating Answering Genesis or Ken Ham.

I have simply provided a snippet about the documentary, Patterns of Evidence: Exodus, from that site because I needed the graphic.

You should evaluate the film after viewing it and not before.

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 15, 2016, 10:13:38 AM
Yep, the same story was written a few times over since 3,000 B.C.E.  It is all there to see as FACT, clay tablets, stone carvings, papyrus etc. etc. but Yahweh found it necessary to steal the story and make it his own. Dumb and dumber...
and the sheep buy into it to comfort themselves. Awww, by all means, don't let FACTS get in the way of a good STORY.

Would you like to ask a question?

reasonist

If you want a good laugh, visit Ken Ham's creation museum in Kentucky. There you see that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time. And we not only co-existed, we rode them! They have saddles!
People actually take their kids to this fantasy park and teach them this garbage. But it's always good for entertainment, like some posters here.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

marom1963

OMNIA DEPENDET ...

stromboli

"biblical evidence" of dinosaurs? There are literally millions of dinosaur bones known to exist, not even counting all of the natural history museums that have drawers full of dinosaur bones.

They are all dated to the same periods per species across the board. Jurassic dinosaurs date to the Jurassic. No significant anomalies to say otherwise. Geological and DNA dating support all current theories about their development and time period. Fuck Ken Ham.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 08:59:10 AM
It's not that the Israelites couldn't have walked to Canaan in less than 40 years; it's that God did not permit them to do so until all of the generation which had worshiped the golden calf had died. None of these were permitted to enter the Promised Land.

Once again proving your god is a prick.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

marom1963

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 15, 2016, 10:43:47 AM
What a forgiving creature. Left them to rot as slaves, freeing them after how long? Couldn't cut them some slack? Cheap bastard.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 15, 2016, 10:43:47 AM

Why?

If you promised to take your kids to Disney World if they made straight A's in school, would you take them if they screwed around all year and earned C's instead?

Randy Carson

Quote from: marom1963 on May 15, 2016, 10:48:17 AM
What a forgiving creature. Left them to rot as slaves, freeing them after how long? Couldn't cut them some slack? Cheap bastard.

See my response in the previous post.

marom1963

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 10:53:35 AM
See my response in the previous post.
Slavery in Egypt was school? ... not that that ever happened, mind you ... but just to hear your lies about it ...
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

dtq123

Would you care for an extended dialogue with me sometime? Perhaps throughout this following week if possible. The fact that you aren't banned has shown that you are a creative person who has mastered his craft. (What craft that is would be debatable among my peers here, but I consider it a good thing to a fair extent)

Do note that the dialogue is going to be multi-topic (which will encompass several threads as we complete them) and will deal with morals, but not necessary religious one's.

Personally, It's been a dull time around here, too much echo chamber. I also recognize that answers previously given by you may not have been out of best judgement due to the somewhat harsh criticism of my peers here.

Pardon my extremely formal speech/text, but I feel that it is necessary to get my point across.

Now, for an introduction for what you need to know.

I am a young atheist, but am somewhat of a heretical one. I current live in PST and go to school. I live in a religious family and stay home from church (whom my parents and aunt's/uncle's family goes), but stay home with my Buddhist Grandparents, both Maternal and Paternal. I have read the bible to it's entirety, though that was a year ago. I have been an atheist since 13 years of age. In wake of your presence I have re-read Christian rhetoric and thought, as well as a brief study of the many sects and schisms of Christianity.

However, I am not interested in a debate. I want to build upon each other, since I do not feel that I can achieve progress with those who are similar to me any longer.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Johan

Do I need to believe in god and follow the christian bible in order to get myself into heaven?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful